Sign in to follow this  
Upper Class Trash

Zac Stacy

I'm beginning to like him more and more. The division schedule was his biggest obstacle, but the rush defenses in this division have come back to earth in a big way.

San Fran - Missing their DT and two starting Linebackers

Arizona - Missing their DT and their otherwise top two non-cornerback defensive players

Seattle - Lost two defensive linemen in free agency, although they still have depth. They can be run on though as they were last season

In St. Louis, we have 5 solid starters along the line. It is St. Louis, so at least one of them is bound to get injured. We do, however, have some depth for the first time in a decade.

Bradford looks healthy and we're finally seeing some return from the Brian Quick investment. Running lanes should be open.

Tre Mason isn't going to see the field this season, barring injury to Cunningham, and Cunningham isn't a threat to Zac receiving carries. Stacy is our best pass blocking back and we'll need him to keep Bradford up and mobile.

I think he finishes top ten in PPR. Not bad for his current ADP. The potential is there for MUCH more though. This may be reaching slightly, but I could see him finishing in the 1,300 yard rushing, 40 reception range. If he puts up 1,700 total yards and 8+ scores, he's a pretty damn solid RB1 in PPR.

The Rams keep preaching run, run, run.... I'm thinking this is a smokescreen as in practice, it has been all about throwing down the middle of the field to Quick and Britt. I think they will do that enough to keep 8 men out of the box. They're also using Britt and Quick as the starters currently and I have to think it's because of their size for the run blocking game.... Robinson has consistently getting to the second level in run blocking and has downright destroyed some linebackers.

• Like 2

Hearing some good buzz about Kenny Britt as well. Is that warranted or just another Britt mirage?

This is a Jeff FIsher team, which usually means there'll be a feature back who gets lots of work.

In his 18 full seasons as a HC, only twice have the next two primary RB on a Fisher team totaled half as many touches as the #1. His lead back has never had fewer than 240 touches, and they average 335 touches a season. The game has changed in the last decade (and he doesn't have Eddie George anymore) but even over the last 10 years his #1 averages 307 per.

Yes, he had George and CJ, but there's lots of Rodney Thomas, Chris Brown, Travis Henry, Lendale White and Daryl Richardson's in that mix too.

He likes 3 down backs. Stacy has shown that he can stay on the field, run straight ahead, catch and protect. Who else on that roster is suddenly going to jump up and displace him? Mason is nowhere near ready to be an NFL RB. He'll be a shocker when his speed gets him in the open field, but that justy doesn't happen that much at this level.

Stacy's size, speed and pedigree are all underwhelming, but in 14 games (12 starts) he finished 11th in rush attempts. He's going to get the ball. It's what Fisher teams do. And he managed to produce last year with zero other weapons on the field.

• Like 2

I feel the same way about Ellington.

I've got mixed feelings on Ellington. He's got 150 career touches. But he's also got a couple things Stacy doesn't, in that his speed is incredible and the Cards say he could probably start at WR for several teams, as his route running and hands are that good. They'll line him up all over the field to get him in space.

My concerns revolve around their deteriorating defense. I know in ff circles that's often seen as a good thing; teams may have to play catch up and try to score at a higher rate. But imo Carson Palmer is just not the QB you want when trailing. He becomes a statue, takes chances that a veteran shouldn't, and generally doesn't get the job done. Compare his performances during the first half of the last 2 seasons, when the team was implementing new defensive coordinators and strategies, with how he played when the defense was solid. Or go back to his days in Oakland. And he has never been seen as a guy who is particularly adept in the screen game.

I guess my concerns are less with Ellington's ability and more with whether or not the Cardinals have the other personnel to put themselves in position to utilize him fully.

• Like 1

Yeah I think I am moving him and others up also, McCoy and Charles injures are the reason . That turf toe issue will be a big problem for a guy like McCoy because of the way he cuts .

Yeah I think I am moving him and others up also, McCoy and Charles injures are the reason . That turf toe issue will be a big problem for a guy like McCoy because of the way he cuts .

moving them up how?

past mccoy and charles??

• Like 1

I was under impression Ellington's speed was in 4.55 range at best. That's hardly burner territory and the only drawback with Ellington IMO.

Hearing some good buzz about Kenny Britt as well. Is that warranted or just another Britt mirage?

Britt and Quick have both looked unbelievable in practice and the scrimmages. I'll tell you this, we don't have a DB who has been able to stop either of them. Britt did a radio interview Saturday on our local ESPN radio show. He is nothing at all like the "old" Britt. He sounds mature and complimented the offense. He never did that before. Maybe he knows it's his last shot, or maybe he has truly grown up. I'm not sure which of the two it will be, but one of them is going to have a big season. Right now, I'd lean towards Britt, but Quick has the same skills and is faster.

moving them up how?

past mccoy and charles??

Right now, there are several "later" RB's being taken over Stacy. Laveon Bell is one of them. No way do I take Bell over Stacy. You could go a little bit further and say Stacy should be taken over Gio. That may ruffle some feathers, but consider this; Last season, Stacy ran behind a line missing three starters and played with a backup QB. Gio only averaged 1/10th of a yard more per carry behind an tremendous passing offense and a great line. Stacy can catch the ball too. He won't get the opportunities Gio will, but no doubt he will beat him in rushing yards. As of today, I would take Stacy over Gio in both PPR and Standard scoring. I'll take him over Lynch, Bell, Gio and most every RB outside of the big 5/6 on my list. You may even consider taking him as the 5th back off the board and I don't think he would disappoint you. Could he outperform Lacy? Possibly. The best part is you can have them both. Lacy in round one and Stacy at the end of round two or early round three. Pairing anyone with Stacy out of the first 5/6 RB's is going to give you one heck of a backfield.

This is a Jeff FIsher team, which usually means there'll be a feature back who gets lots of work.

In his 18 full seasons as a HC, only twice have the next two primary RB on a Fisher team totaled half as many touches as the #1. His lead back has never had fewer than 240 touches, and they average 335 touches a season. The game has changed in the last decade (and he doesn't have Eddie George anymore) but even over the last 10 years his #1 averages 307 per.

Yes, he had George and CJ, but there's lots of Rodney Thomas, Chris Brown, Travis Henry, Lendale White and Daryl Richardson's in that mix too.

He likes 3 down backs. Stacy has shown that he can stay on the field, run straight ahead, catch and protect. Who else on that roster is suddenly going to jump up and displace him? Mason is nowhere near ready to be an NFL RB. He'll be a shocker when his speed gets him in the open field, but that justy doesn't happen that much at this level.

Stacy's size, speed and pedigree are all underwhelming, but in 14 games (12 starts) he finished 11th in rush attempts. He's going to get the ball. It's what Fisher teams do. And he managed to produce last year with zero other weapons on the field.

This is why I come to this site. +1, sir.

moving them up how?

past mccoy and charles??[/quote. Before I draft if McCoy has. A turf toe problem , I will let someone else,deal with that . That's going to be a big problem if it's a big turf toe problem . So yes over McCoy and Charles if neither are healthy sure why would I not .

Lately, there are a bunch of fantasy football writers borrowing from financial behavior studies and talking about 'following the crowd', overhype and underhype ...

So if you sort of work off the 'Dogs of the Dow' Theory, some of your best values may well be those players that are written off or not expected to do anything, but the opportunity is in fact there. NFC West is hyped as the toughest division, yet all of the Rams' division opponents have suffered some losses on defense.

• Like 2

moving them up how?

past mccoy and charles??[/quote. Before I draft if McCoy has. A turf toe problem , I will let someone else,deal with that . That's going to be a big problem if it's a big turf toe problem . So yes over McCoy and Charles if neither are healthy sure why would I not .

but as of now it isnt an issue right now... you are silly if you are moving him past those two as of today

I was under impression Ellington's speed was in 4.55 range at best. That's hardly burner territory and the only drawback with Ellington IMO.

I don't know about track speed, but his football speed was readily apparent to anyone that saw the guy play last year, and what made Mendenhall and the rest of the RB on the roster immediate afterthoughts.

If there are concerns about Ellington, they revolve around his size/durability/lack of experience, not his quickness/speed/playmaking ability.

• Like 1

You still at it with the speed thing???!

Ya, i still remember your 4.55 speed crap. Dude was one of the leaders in the league with 20+ yard runs last season.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=425842&hl=ellington

"Former Clemson running back Andre Ellington hurt his hamstring on his first 40 attempt at the NFL combine on Sunday according to Rotoworld..

• Like 1

ill disagree on his size. he has that MJD type build. very hard to take down. sure, hes no demarco murray but hes built more solidly than a lot of backs in the league. 216 lbs on a 5'8 frame makes for a solid boy.

• Like 1

ill disagree on his size. he has that MJD type build. very hard to take down. sure, hes no demarco murray but hes built more solidly than a lot of backs in the league. 216 lbs on a 5'8 frame makes for a solid boy.

like tackling a bowling ball

Ya, i still remember your 4.55 speed crap. Dude was one of the leaders in the league with 20+ yard runs last season.

"Former Clemson running back Andre Ellington hurt his hamstring on his first 40 attempt at the NFL combine on Sunday according to Rotoworld..

8 runs of 20+ in 118 carries. 5 backs in the league had more. All had twice as many carries or more. 3 catches of 20+ in 39 receptions out of the backfield.

11 plays of 20+ in 157 touches.

Team YPC = 3.6

Mendenhall = 3.2

Taylor = 3.2

Smith = 3.0

Ellington = 5.5

Seems like he's either pretty fast or can levitate or something. And I think that would have made Sportscenter.

Good posts by uct and jt

Last year I won two leagues with Stacy playing a nice role....in my high stakes I picked him off waivers early...it's a start 3rb league and I had charles, gio, bell and stacy(had marshall decker v davis....made some weeks a tough call....also used him as a flex in another league with forte and gio (dez and gordon)

He doesn't get respect...cause frankly he doesn't excite anyone with upside potential....everyone is fixated on a guy like gio....and while I love giso talent I could easily see stacy outperforming him..stacy is built for 300 carries...and his offensive line is a point of strength...and I have never been scared by his division even pre dockett inury....he's going to make someone happy who went wr/wr early...

As far as Ellington I don't care what his 40 time is...some guys run great and don't move as well on the field with pads and a ball in their hands...ellington does....I agree with Jt that maybe the team concerns could make u think twice.,, but when you have a talent u believe in its the teams job to find a way to create for him....

• Like 1

Right now, there are several "later" RB's being taken over Stacy. Laveon Bell is one of them. No way do I take Bell over Stacy. You could go a little bit further and say Stacy should be taken over Gio. That may ruffle some feathers, but consider this; Last season, Stacy ran behind a line missing three starters and played with a backup QB. Gio only averaged 1/10th of a yard more per carry behind an tremendous passing offense and a great line. Stacy can catch the ball too. He won't get the opportunities Gio will, but no doubt he will beat him in rushing yards. As of today, I would take Stacy over Gio in both PPR and Standard scoring. I'll take him over Lynch, Bell, Gio and most every RB outside of the big 5/6 on my list. You may even consider taking him as the 5th back off the board and I don't think he would disappoint you. Could he outperform Lacy? Possibly. The best part is you can have them both. Lacy in round one and Stacy at the end of round two or early round three. Pairing anyone with Stacy out of the first 5/6 RB's is going to give you one heck of a backfield.

Im starting to buy in. the best argument to me is that the offense is actually in place as opposed to in shambles like last year. Bradford being gone and Olinemen hurt make a pretty drastic difference. Im not saying Bradford is some world beater, but as I said in a dif thread, hes good enough to succeed with the right pieces around him. Im beginning to think Stacy could give us pretty much Steven Jackson stats when he was a yearly back end 1st rounder.

• Like 1

8 runs of 20+ in 118 carries. 5 backs in the league had more. All had twice as many carries or more. 3 catches of 20+ in 39 receptions out of the backfield.

11 plays of 20+ in 157 touches.

Team YPC = 3.6

Mendenhall = 3.2

Taylor = 3.2

Smith = 3.0

Ellington = 5.5

Seems like he's either pretty fast or can levitate or something. And I think that would have made Sportscenter.

i fear people may be buying big time into the smaller sample size with Ellington. I would draft him, not saying hes a DND or something for me but I always like how people point out "well so and so did this on HALF the carries! or in only 5 games!"

so how do we know what he will produce over a full season / full workload? how do we know that ~160 total touches isn't the sweet spot where Ellington maximizes his fantasy potentially. Hes not the biggest guy, will he hold up? Will he be as effective in a larger role where he isn't catching defenses off guard as a COP?

i fear people may be buying big time into the smaller sample size with Ellington. I would draft him, not saying hes a DND or something for me but I always like how people point out "well so and so did this on HALF the carries! or in only 5 games!"

so how do we know what he will produce over a full season / full workload? how do we know that ~160 total touches isn't the sweet spot where Ellington maximizes his fantasy potentially. Hes not the biggest guy, will he hold up? Will he be as effective in a larger role where he isn't catching defenses off guard as a COP?

Which have been my comments about Ellington throughout.

This post was in direct response to questions regarding his speed.

Well I'd say the school was still out on the kid, wouldn't you? I happen to feel top RB's under 200 lbs today won't have significant success without top gear speed. A forty time of 4.50 to 4.60 hardly qualifies as such. The kid had limited success last year, albiet in bursts, and I like the fact he didn't put the ball on the ground. But until he proves otherwise, or is allowed to, he's still a committee-type guy.

I remember I drafted Michael Bennett over Ladanian Tomlinson partly because of his "breakaway speed." That worked well. 40-speed for a RB is easily the most overrated stat. Yeah, once per year he'll turn a 30-yard run into a 60 yd TD. The rest of the year he'll be Michael Bennett.

• Like 1

I remember I drafted Michael Bennett over Ladanian Tomlinson partly because of his "breakaway speed." That worked well. 40-speed for a RB is easily the most overrated stat. Yeah, once per year he'll turn a 30-yard run into a 60 yd TD. The rest of the year he'll be Michael Bennett.

Ha I'll bet you regretted that one! LT was different, he was 220 with 4.4 speed (though some had him clocked in the 4.3's. I think his going to TCU may have cost him.

Look, let's just see what this kid can do. If he blows up, I'm sure the skinny bastard will let me hear it.

Well I'd say the school was still out on the kid, wouldn't you? I happen to feel top RB's under 200 lbs today won't have significant success without top gear speed. A forty time of 4.50 to 4.60 hardly qualifies as such. The kid had limited success last year, albiet in bursts, and I like the fact he didn't put the ball on the ground. But until he proves otherwise, or is allowed to, he's still a committee-type guy.

But he's not under 200 lbs and based on what i've saw he looks like a 4.4 runner with a pretty quick burst and great lateral movement.

That has to still give you nightmares to this day.

Which have been my comments about Ellington throughout.

This post was in direct response to questions regarding his speed.

I wasn't really trying to contradict you or anything just giving my view

But he's not under 200 lbs and based on what i've saw he looks like a 4.4 runner with a pretty quick burst and great lateral movement.

My bad I thought he was lusted at 199 lbs. I did hear he put on four lbs of 'solid muscle' (his words) though I hope that doesn't make him slower. It sounds like Arians is going to give him a shot. I like their offensive line, though hearing some grumbling about how Jonathon Cooper is bouncing back from his injury. That passing game should keep defenders out of the box, and I think that division may be overrated defensively against the run. I like the kid, especially the fact he doesn't fumble, but would feel a lot better if he had a higher gear on the jets.

That has to still give you nightmares to this day.

I'm doing better. I haven't woke up in the middle of the night screaming in weeks now.

I took Shaun Alexander over LT the year LT broke the rushing TD record & Alexander went on to miss the majority of the season & became a complete bust. Worst part is, the LT owner offered to trade me him for Alexander prior to the season starting & I turned it down.

Just like poker, I rarely remember the large pots won (or championships in FF) but revel in the bad beats (or bad trades in FF). FML

How do you know when someone is a true fantasy owner? When they remember the bad trades they did or didn't accept more clearly than their Championships. I have made some huge trade mistakes over the years. They still bug me, even in the offseason. I can't tell you how many titles I've won, but I can certainly remember every dumb mistake I've made.

I had an opportunity in a dynasty league to get Matt Forte in the rookie draft. An owner offered him to me for my first round and second round pick in the following years rookie draft. I declined because I didn't think he was feature back material and didn't like his receiving ability. I traded Roddy White at the trade deadline in a league because historically he sucked (to that point) in the fantasy playoffs. He went on that season to be the 2nd ranked fantasy WR in playoff points. Good times. We've all made some horrible mistakes, but that's how you learn. To this day, I think Roddy just hates me and blew up in the playoffs simply out of spite.

How do you know when someone is a true fantasy owner? When they remember the bad trades they did or didn't accept more clearly than their Championships. I have made some huge trade mistakes over the years. They still bug me, even in the offseason. I can't tell you how many titles I've won, but I can certainly remember every dumb mistake I've made.

I had an opportunity in a dynasty league to get Matt Forte in the rookie draft. An owner offered him to me for my first round and second round pick in the following years rookie draft. I declined because I didn't think he was feature back material and didn't like his receiving ability. I traded Roddy White at the trade deadline in a league because historically he sucked (to that point) in the fantasy playoffs. He went on that season to be the 2nd ranked fantasy WR in playoff points. Good times. We've all made some horrible mistakes, but that's how you learn. To this day, I think Roddy just hates me and blew up in the playoffs simply out of spite.

Your talkin to the king. These 3 tales all took place in the same big money league.

when Vick blew up on the eagles I picked him up as free agent. Few weeks later Reid says Kolb will start when he is healthy. I had RB trouble so offered Vick for Donald brown who was set to spot start for the colts. The owner declined it verbally but I physically left the trade up on the site. Few days later reid backtracked and said Vick was playing too good to sit. Brown owner then accepted. I went on to start big ben in the championship, vick whom I would have started ended up outscoring him by a handful of points. The championship game game? I lost by 1 point.

When jordy nelson and Gronk blew up I had traded for both of them in a great deal. Gronk wasnt yet "The Gronk". Well I had QB problems and Matt hasselbeck had come off of 3 straight 22pnt games. So I packaged gronk and Jordy for hasselbeck and another bum. Hasselbeck would flop and cost me a few games, while Jordy and Gronk would go on to have pro bowl seasons. After doing the math, I would have won the championship otherwise.

Bonus: Last year I was co commissioner. an owner who was in 1st place was too lazy to set his lineup in week 7 or so and had 4 players inactive. I said that was bullshit and set his lineup for him to keep things competetive. He would win that week by 1 point, then started paying attention and went on to win the division over me by 1 game. In the playoffs I did the math on what should have happened had I not set his lineup...yep, u guessed it...I would have won the championship.

3 championships that I drafted the winning team for yet DIRECTLY cost myself the title.

I took Shaun Alexander over LT the year LT broke the rushing TD record & Alexander went on to miss the majority of the season & became a complete bust. Worst part is, the LT owner offered to trade me him for Alexander prior to the season starting & I turned it down.

Just like poker, I rarely remember the large pots won (or championships in FF) but revel in the bad beats (or bad trades in FF). FML

in a deep keeper league, the offseason after ADP tore his his ACL/MCL, I was offered him and pick 3.10 for Ryan Mathews and pick 1.9. Feeling Mathews was improving and not wanting to be left holding the Peterson bag and losing my first round pick in the process, I declined. Mathews broke his clavicle in the preseason and Peterson, well, we know he went on to rush for 2,097 yards.

oddly enough, I won the championship over the Peterson owner that season.

Did the same exact thing that year...took Alexander 1 as I thought he was safer...holes in every wall from banging my head into it all year until my next draft

Did the same exact thing that year...took Alexander 1 as I thought he was safer...holes in every wall from banging my head into it all year until my next draft

Was that the year after Shauns 28tds where he fell off a cliff? I remember that LT was basically worth the top pick every year of his SD career yet was rarely tabbed as the no.1 pick. He was always 2-3-4 something like that.

Was that the year after Shauns 28tds where he fell off a cliff? I remember that LT was basically worth the top pick every year of his SD career yet was rarely tabbed as the no.1 pick. He was always 2-3-4 something like that.

i won a number of home redraft leagues by lucking out with #1 and #2 overall picks and living off Faulk and then Tomlinson

That was it my friend