Sign in to follow this  
RLLD

Hypocrisy or Hyperbole?

Of course it is different... Democrat good, Republican bad... The MSM would want it no other way...

The big difference is that one is a figure of speech and the other is cheering on an actual act of violence.

The big difference is that one is a figure of speech and the other is cheering on an actual act of violence.

That is your interpretation, and I might be inclined to agree, but I really do not tilt one way or the other ( i do not really care for either side/person) and as such i see that they are not starkly different.

Jeesus, triggered much!?

He said he was going to kick me! Waaaahhh!

Jesus. Want us to send a note home for your mother?

Jeesus, triggered much!?

He said he was going to kick me! Waaaahhh!

Jesus. Want us to send a note home for your mother?

Exactly. Hyperbole is all around us, who gets to decide when it is no longer "hyperbole"? Right now it seems as though the media makes that decision.

That is your interpretation, and I might be inclined to agree, but I really do not tilt one way or the other ( i do not really care for either side/person) and as such i see that they are not starkly different.

:lol:

Rinky

Democrats accused Mitch McConnell, the Senate majority leader, of hypocrisy on Tuesday after he said Republicans would confirm a justice to the Supreme Court if a seat opened up amid the election campaign in 2020, even after denying President Barack Obama a similar opportunity in 2016.

It IS focking hypocrisy, this is why I hate politics and politicians, this is indefensible.....it sickens me when conservatives lower themselves to liberal/leftist levels....focking McConnell....DOOOSHBAG

1 minute ago, Ray Lewis's Limo Driver said:

Rinky

It IS focking hypocrisy, this is why I hate politics and politicians, this is indefensible.....it sickens me when conservatives lower themselves to liberal/leftist levels....focking McConnell....DOOOSHBAG

Using the power given to you through elections is NOT hypocrisy. The Republicans control the Senate and have for awhile. It's their right to give selection of judges/SCOTUS to a Republican POTUS and not to a Democratic POTUS. America chose a Republican Senate.........possibly for that very reason; to make the selection of conservative judges.

1 hour ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

Using the power given to you through elections is NOT hypocrisy. The Republicans control the Senate and have for awhile. It's their right to give selection of judges/SCOTUS to a Republican POTUS and not to a Democratic POTUS. America chose a Republican Senate.........possibly for that very reason; to make the selection of conservative judges.

Their reasoning for waiting at the time should be used this time as well.  I think this is hypocrisy, use the same damn standard....

1 hour ago, Ray Lewis's Limo Driver said:

Rinky.....it sickens me when conservatives lower themselves to liberal/leftist levels....

No need to “lower” themselves, both sides share the same low standards.

Just now, Filthy Fernadez said:

Politicians acting politically? No way!!!

That’s the point, ass boy. Neither party has a leg to stand on when it comes to hypocrisy. It’s not a liberal or conservative thing it’s a politician thing.

2 minutes ago, MDC said:

No need to “lower” themselves, both sides share the same low standards.

Too often this is true, while we see it more clearly and frequently from leftists, here is a perfect example of a conservative who is simply a POS

3 minutes ago, Ray Lewis's Limo Driver said:

Too often this is true, while we see it more clearly and frequently from leftists, here is a perfect example of a conservative who is simply a POS

I think you see it more clearly from one side because you’re looking at the situation through your emotions and feelings instead of logically. It’s a common mistake. :thumbsup:

Just now, MDC said:

That’s the point, ass boy. Neither party has a leg to stand on when it comes to hypocrisy. It’s not a liberal or conservative thing it’s a politician thing.

How many injunctions were done by Federal judges against Obama? Against Trump? The Obama judges are clearly politicizing their judicial position. How many Conservative ones do that?

You see conservative politicians advocating harassment and physical confrontation of people like the liberals do? Nope.

2 minutes ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

How many injunctions were done by Federal judges against Obama? Against Trump? The Obama judges are clearly politicizing their judicial position. How many Conservative ones do that?

You see conservative politicians advocating harassment and physical confrontation of people like the liberals do? Nope.

Typical hack reply. I would post a whole string of instances of Don promoting violence but you’d just bend over, spread your cheeks and beg to be called Stormy as usual. :thumbsup:

4 minutes ago, MDC said:

I think you see it more clearly from one side because you’re looking at the situation through your emotions and feelings instead of logically. It’s a common mistake. :thumbsup:

Holy hypocrisy, batman.

1 minute ago, MDC said:

Typical hack reply. I would post a whole string of instances of Don promoting violence but you’d just bend over, spread your cheeks and beg to be called Stormy as usual. :thumbsup:

:lol:

I said harassment and physical confrontation..........go ahead and post POTUS advocating that. You must have been the ginger Doosh at the picnic the other day.

5 minutes ago, MDC said:

That would be a suitable statement if it remotely related to my position, but since it clearly does not it seems as though maybe.....you have some projection issues?🧐

14 minutes ago, Ray Lewis's Limo Driver said:

That would be a suitable statement if it remotely related to my position, but since it clearly does not it seems as though maybe.....you have some projection issues?🧐

Your position is that hypocrisy is more common on the left. That’s just your gut emotional intuition talking. 

13 minutes ago, MDC said:

Your position is that hypocrisy is more common on the left. That’s just your gut emotional intuition talking. 

Of course, that is true, but that does not preclude those on the right from doing it, as is evidenced here.  And I will rail forcefully against the conservative who does it because they should know better and hold themselves to a higher standard, I expect it from the left more so....

4 hours ago, MDC said:

Typical hack reply..totally ignore the question and deflect like a faggut

• Thanks 1

Just now, drobeski said:

Typical hack reply..totally ignore the question and deflect like a faggut

Gonna dedicate another thread to me Sniffles?  :( :D 

8 hours ago, Ray Lewis's Limo Driver said:

Rinky

If I remember correctly, the quote in context, the one you won't find in a trash paper like the NYT was something to the affect that the Senate wouldn't approve a SCOTUS in a Presidents "FINAL" year in office.  Obama was in his final year.  Trump isn't.  He will likely have 4 more years.

Of course, I could be mistaken.  Also, I don't give liberal outlets any credibility.  Just because the NYT has McConnell saying that, it doesn't mean he was taken in context or quoted properly.  It also doesn't mean he didn't mean it in jest.

Here you go...

"Speaking to Fox News last year, McConnell suggested his stance was not hypocritical -- because in 2020, Republicans would control both the White House and the Senate, unlike Democrats in 2016, who controlled only the White House. On Tuesday, a McConnell spokesperson doubled down on that reasoning, saying the situations are not comparable.

"You have to go back to 1880s to find the last time a Senate controlled by a party different from the president filled a vacancy on the Supreme Court that was created in the middle of a presidential election year," McConnell told Fox News."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mcconnell-vows-to-fill-any-supreme-court-vacancy-in-2020

I was wrong, he didn't say a final year, just election year.  His point was about the common party between the WH and Senate.