Sign in to follow this  
Brutal Brutus

Cam Newton

Is he a reliable option going forward? He stinks as a pocket passer. He's probably the only QB that can throw 3 picks, consistently be out of sync with receivers, and still have a decent fantasy night. His first three weeks were duds, followed up by three weeks of solid (fantasy) production. Is anyone trusting him? I can't help but think Carolina is beginning to see that they need him to run the ball to be effective.

I think you answered your own question. He's not reliable, but he's going to have games with 30+ points because of his ability to run. If you think he's going to run like he did thursday night more often than not then you start him because of that floor. I was able to ride kaep to a FF championship last year because of that, but I also had to deal with the games he got less than 5 points.

Personally i think a lot of his runs thursday were because J Stew was ineffective. I still think carolina would prefer if he didn't run as much.

I would agree with the above two post.

I would continue to keep him.

Dude starts slow every year then seems to tear it up. He thew some nice balls last night, and a couple that were not so nice. But unless your league penalizes big for turnovers he's freaking solid. And his schedule is pretty nice.

The kid didn't have a pre-season. His first four regular season games were basically break-in-mode. Enjoy the wave because it hasn't crested.