Sign in to follow this  
Hardcore troubadour

NFL Free Agency

Who ever gets him will be happy. He is a better player than the measurables

Only benched 225 10 times. Plus only weighs 205. I think he'll be an effective third down back. But way too weak and small to handle a full time load. I'd love him in the second, but not at pick 14 overall. We need a corner very badly.

Todd McShay's latest mock has McCaffrey going to the Eagles at 14. I'm hoping he's wrong.

I hope so too. That would be a waste of Mcaffery's abilities to work with what is probably a bust in Wentz. Although Pederson may be smart enough to use him right. Although where the Eagles are at, Mcaffery is more of a luxury. They probably are better off team wise to go after a defensive player or a lineman.

I hope so too. That would be a waste of Mcaffery's abilities to work with what is probably a bust in Wentz. Although Pederson may be smart enough to use him right. Although where the Eagles are at, Mcaffery is more of a luxury. They probably are better off team wise to go after a defensive player or a lineman.

Yeah. Agreed. Most experts are saying Wentz looks like a bust. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah. Agreed. Most experts are saying Wentz looks like a bust. :lol: :lol: :lol:

downward trend like you read about.

once NFL teams got a few weeks to watch him,

93.7 (vs dallas when they didn't try)

downward trend like you read about.

once NFL teams got a few weeks to watch him,

93.7 (vs dallas when they didn't try)

Bust I bet they go QB in the first. :music_guitarred:

It's worth a kick of the tires.

Thought Latavious was a ok optimistic n...hate tha he went to Minny.

I'm thinking they say Fock it...go with Jackson, Montgomery, Rip, and a rookie no earlier than the 3rd round. Though...McCaffrey in the first is tempting.

Yeah like Mcaffrey. Im really against RBs in general and would hate to spend a 1st on one. But if we were too go RB I would want it to be a guy like him who can do maby things and is unique in talent.

As for Charles he is just done. He was supposed to be back last year and couldnt get on the field. I dont want any more injury prone guys on a team that always ends up hurting with injury. At his age and health we could find a similar running later in the draft with fresh legs.

He is worth a look in season or training camp but id hope we dont sign him now and plan on him being there for us. If they signed him the RB position would be set going in.

A first down RB is easy to find after cuts not sure what they are looking for. Im not concerned about the position but would like to see them pair Ty up with a vet back who can be used over Ripkowski. Maybe they like Don Jackson who knows.

Bust I bet they go QB in the first. :music_guitarred:

No one with even slight rookie success gets labeled a bust after one year. There is zero chance they go early qb. That's what clueless armchair GMs say when they are clueless about how the NFL works. The Eagles are thrilled with Wentz and will have ZERO doubts about him as their starter next year. Rookies just need to show a spark, then are expected to improve year 2. Then if it doesn't click by year 3 they start making other plans.

No one with even slight rookie success gets labeled a bust after one year. There is zero chance they go early qb. That's what clueless armchair GMs say when they are clueless about how the NFL works. The Eagles are thrilled with Wentz and will have ZERO doubts about him as their starter next year. Rookies just need to show a spark, then are expected to improve year 2. Then if it doesn't click by year 3 they start making other plans.

I was being sarcastic. I love Wentz. He's going to be a great one.

i think Wentz will be above average, not sure he is a top10 qb in the league, but in the 10-15 range once he develops

i think Wentz will be above average, not sure he is a top10 qb in the league, but in the 10-15 range once he develops

Reminds me of Tannehill

With Claiborne & Carr both gone now, it should be slightly easier to throw the ball against Dallas.

I guess we're gonna need to fill those spots sooner or later, not sure what the plan is Jerruh :dunno:

Reminds me of Tannehill

I think he will be better than Tannehill. The kid showed some cool under pressure. Some of the stories I have read about Tannehill make him seem a bit like a diva.

With Claiborne & Carr both gone now, it should be slightly easier to throw the ball against Dallas.

I guess we're gonna need to fill those spots sooner or later, not sure what the plan is Jerruh :dunno:

A P

I think he will be better than Tannehill. The kid showed some cool under pressure. Some of the stories I have read about Tannehill make him seem a bit like a diva.

They both are mediocre QBs who will have the average fan drooling over because they are slightly better than pissing themselves behind center.

What did the greatriots do today ?

The opposite of what the Eagles did. Whatever it is.

Reminds me of Tannehill

Tannehill is more athletic and Wentz has the higher passing ceiling.

Tannehill is more athletic and Wentz has the higher passing ceiling.

Tannehill seems to have peaked. He just doesn't seem to be improving. I think he is what he is at this point. I'd never trade Wentz for him.

Who knows with Wentz. This is a big year to tell, many times 2nd year step back but he now has much better weapons. It will be interesting.

Who knows with Wentz. This is a big year to tell, many times 2nd year step back but he now has much better weapons. It will be interesting.

excited to see him this year. Just looking for improvement. Finally has receivers to throw to. Still a weak line and no quality running backs. Hope those positions get addressed in the draft.

Wentz is special, he'll be a top QB for years to come.

So what exactly is the plan in Big D? They have no cap room at all?

So what exactly is the plan in Big D? They have no cap room at all?

Very little.. But even if we had - I think we are FINALLY seeing the seeds of Stephen and Will McClay take root here. In by that - by building thru the draft, youth and kids... NY hit pay dirt last year with the $200m defensive spending spree - but it's rare that way ever works... For years Jerry has straddled this team with bad contracts on 30+ year old vets and half ass FAs coming off career years. The locals are panicking now, but I'm glad to be taking this approach... It's scary - no question. But really, can our defense be any worse? When you have the likes of Brandon Carr and Barry Church getting $6m a year deals - you'd be foolish to match those.

I expect this draft to be heavy defense - with an OT and maybe a TE mixed in there if one looks good.

Very little.. But even if we had - I think we are FINALLY seeing the seeds of Stephen and Will McClay take root here. In by that - by building thru the draft, youth and kids... NY hit pay dirt last year with the $200m defensive spending spree - but it's rare that way ever works... For years Jerry has straddled this team with bad contracts on 30+ year old vets and half ass FAs coming off career years. The locals are panicking now, but I'm glad to be taking this approach... It's scary - no question. But really, can our defense be any worse? When you have the likes of Brandon Carr and Barry Church getting $6m a year deals - you'd be foolish to match those.

I expect this draft to be heavy defense - with an OT and maybe a TE mixed in there if one looks good.

They've certainly lost more than they gained during free agency, but if they have half the draft that they did last year, they're going to be tough to beat for years.

According to Adam Sheffter, Raiders showing serious interest in Marshawn Lynch.

Crazy how fast hype comes to a halt. Raiders were all over latavius Murray going into last year. Heck he didn't even make it through the year before losing carries to Richard. Now lynch may come?

I would hate to be a running back. They can love you one game and you could be working at Home Depot the next weekend.

I fully expect some type of complete denial by Oakland. I'm not saying it's impossible that they aren't at least considering it, but this year's throwing shlt at a wall and hoping it sticks wirh NFL free agency and trade rumors is comical.

I fully expect some type of complete denial by Oakland. I'm not saying it's impossible that they aren't at least considering it, but this year's throwing shlt at a wall and hoping it sticks wirh NFL free agency and trade rumors is comical.

Maybe a ploy to bring in Peterson for less money. Make AP think there are other options.

Idk for sure, but doesn't Seattle still hold the rights to Lynch? If they do - he just can't come back and sign with whomever - he will have to be dealt or cut by the Hawks first - no?

Have to think Dallas would be looking at a TE or WR at some point in the 1st 3 rounds.

Unless I am missing something. I know they overpaid to keep Williams, but that doesn't mean you don't try to find a guy. At TE Witten is no threat and drafting one now would be great for grooming one. Great TE class. They can still be a running team but they will need to soon find a guy that can create a mismatch.

Corey Davis may fall to them as he has not done any workouts for anyone. John Ross will not. OJ Howard will not. But the kid from Miami and several other TEs in the 2nd or 3rd would be a new weapon.

Lets hope they give Washington a chance to carry it more for the sake of my Dynasty team.

They've certainly lost more than they gained during free agency, but if they have half the draft that they did last year, they're going to be tough to beat for years.

They're picking at the back of the draft this time. And it's not supposed to be a great draft. They had to have cleared some money losing all these guys. Probabaly waiting on some bargains. Hope they don't scoop up Hankins.

They're picking at the back of the draft this time. And it's not supposed to be a great draft. They had to have cleared some money losing all these guys. Probabaly waiting on some bargains. Hope they don't scoop up Hankins.

They are strapped, the players they lost didn't matter. Tony Romo off the cap is what will open them up which I am sure they are counting on. Not sure what they are waiting for however. Phil, KC, NYG, Dal. That is the order of the least cap room.

Have to think Dallas would be looking at a TE or WR at some point in the 1st 3 rounds.

Unless I am missing something. I know they overpaid to keep Williams, but that doesn't mean you don't try to find a guy. At TE Witten is no threat and drafting one now would be great for grooming one. Great TE class. They can still be a running team but they will need to soon find a guy that can create a mismatch.

Corey Davis may fall to them as he has not done any workouts for anyone. John Ross will not. OJ Howard will not. But the kid from Miami and several other TEs in the 2nd or 3rd would be a new weapon.

TE or WR in the 1st 3? Oh Gawd no - unless Howard falls or some crazy talented WR that we just can't pass on... Trust me, I would love to have a WR with some speed on this team - but that position is down the list of urgent needs. Dez, Williams, Butler and Beasley are all signed and coming back.. But speaking of T-Williams, are you kidding? As much as I don't like him - we got a very favorable deal on that... 4 years, only $9m guaranteed, when others are getting upwards of $11m a year? That's a bargain... And yes, we do need to find a TE - but it's not urgent. Witten is not retiring this year or next, and Escobar sucked anyways. What we really need is a blocking TE - but you don't go drafting those in the top rounds... We do have a project TE that the staff and Jerry seem to love - Rico Gahters.... Gathers was a basketball standout at Baylor, and he goes 6'7" and 275 lbs... I think they will try and get him on the roster and field this year.

Witten has one more year. That is a big number on their cap.

I will not be surprised to see that contract reworked and extended - thru 2018. Especially if $$ is needed to land somebody.

Idk for sure, but doesn't Seattle still hold the rights to Lynch? If they do - he just can't come back and sign with whomever - he will have to be dealt or cut by the Hawks first - no?

Yes, they own his rights. If they cut or trade him, there is $9m in cap money that hits them. They can't be happy about it and the Raiders can't be happy with a leak as it will cost them.

TE or WR in the 1st 3? Oh Gawd no - unless Howard falls or some crazy talented WR that we just can't pass on... Trust me, I would love to have a WR with some speed on this team - but that position is down the list of urgent needs. Dez, Williams, Butler and Beasley are all signed and coming back.. But speaking of T-Williams, are you kidding? As much as I don't like him - we got a very favorable deal on that... 4 years, only $9m guaranteed, when others are getting upwards of $11m a year? That's a bargain... And yes, we do need to find a TE - but it's not urgent. Witten is not retiring this year or next, and Escobar sucked anyways. What we really need is a blocking TE - but you don't go drafting those in the top rounds... We do have a project TE that the staff and Jerry seem to love - Rico Gahters.... Gathers was a basketball standout at Baylor, and he goes 6'7" and 275 lbs... I think they will try and get him on the roster and field this year.

Yeah maybe I was thinking it was higher. I guess I was just pointing out that Williams sort of sucks.

Witten has one more year on his deal right? You think he for sure signs a new deal? He is basically a non threat these days. A blocker who can catch a curl pass.

While of course the defense isn't as good as the offense, I don't think that means you need to go defense all day in the draft. You played a close game in the divisional round, a game where your offense did little vs. a crappy defense....for about half of the game. I think you get Dak another weapon. Dez goes down as usual and look at your weapons. Awful #2 in Williams. A solid slot in Beasley. A 45 year old 5 flat Witten.

I could see them going WR, CB, CB