Sign in to follow this  
Magnificent Bastard

Famous encounters

Ever meet someone famous? Let's hear about it. I once spent a day with Alex Trebek, driving him around the NYC area and suburbs. His son went to Fordham in the Bronx. Nice guy, talked about the differences between Canadian politics and American. I watched John Boehner come outside a bar/restaurant in Greenwich Ct last week to smoke 3x in about 45 min.

Actually starred in a movie with Ben Afleck and Sandra Bullock (forces of nature) when I was younger and got a picture snapped with them with Bens hand in my head. Played baseball against roger Clemens son and met him. He gave our whole team autographs but no other team cause we were the only team he said he actually respected. Ate sushi with Tim Duncan at mine and my wife's favorite sushi place cause it's his too. Got coached by Ken Griffey Jr when my parents put on a training camp and had him come help out. Met George Straight when I was younger cause my mom and dad were huge fans and got us to hang out with him after a concert. Met the treasurer Ben Bernake since he is from my town and is good friends with my grandpa. Went with my sister and brother in law to the CMT music awards and ended up crashing Toby Keith's after party at his home(coolest thing ever). Him and a bunch of other musicians (luke Bryan, Miranda lambert, Blake Shelton, ect) were there and they all took turns singing songs in his basement/bar that had a stage with guitars and stuff. Really cool night and have no idea how my sister and her friend conned our way in. Met Bill Clinton when I was younger when I lived in Maryland for 3 years. A girl I used to date is cousins with Vana White and she came to visit her so I got to meet her. That's about all I can think about right now. I have a feeling I'm missing quite a bit cause I've met a good bit of famous people.

Bob Dole - 1997

tried to shake his pen hand :doh:

Actually starred in a movie with Ben Afleck and Sandra Bullock (forces of nature) when I was younger and got a picture snapped with them with Bens hand in my head. Played baseball against roger Clemens son and met him. He gave our whole team autographs but no other team cause we were the only team he said he actually respected. Ate sushi with Tim Duncan at mine and my wife's favorite sushi place cause it's his too. Got coached by Ken Griffey Jr when my parents put on a training camp and had him come help out. Met George Straight when I was younger cause my mom and dad were huge fans and got us to hang out with him after a concert. Met the treasurer Ben Bernake since he is from my town and is good friends with my grandpa. Went with my sister and brother in law to the CMT music awards and ended up crashing Toby Keith's after party at his home(coolest thing ever). Him and a bunch of other musicians (luke Bryan, Miranda lambert, Blake Shelton, ect) were there and they all took turns singing songs in his basement/bar that had a stage with guitars and stuff. Really cool night and have no idea how my sister and her friend conned our way in. Met Bill Clinton when I was younger when I lived in Maryland for 3 years. A girl I used to date is cousins with Vana White and she came to visit her so I got to meet her. That's about all I can think about right now. I have a feeling I'm missing quite a bit cause I've met a good bit of famous people.

Can I be in your next movie? :banana:

In San francisco one time I saw Robin Williams in a toy store. It was like an anime japanese tiny store so I was pretty close.

I used to clean carpets for stanley steemer in marin county wich is right above san fran. In san rafael I had cleaned Neil Schons house, the guy from the band Journey (my fav group ever). So one time he was there and I got to meet him and talk to him. Star struck. Also down in his big bedroom he had naked pics of chicks. His girl who was there was a hot raven haired milf as well.

I skipped work one day to go to an nfl celebrity golf event. Joe Montana was there and I have always wanted to meet him. My first name is actually Montana and I was named after Joe (born in sf 1982, the sb year). So anyway I get to him and say "Hey Joe my name is Montana, i was named after you." He says, "Im sorry." in one of those humble kind of ways. I love the name so screw him!

Thats about it. Im expecting GFIAP to come in here with a 5 post rant telling stories about how he had to take Joe Pesci to the hospital one day or he was in a shootout with clint eastwood and clint handed him a gun or some other fantastical tales. Cant wait for that.

Trisha yearwoods mother Gwen was my 3rd grade teacher and I met Trisha many times before she was famous.

I went to the college where Richard Jewell was the security guard. Used to play cards with us guys at the dorm. I knew right off the bat he was not the Olympic park bomber. He was just too stupid to pull it off.

I met Mickey mantle when I was younger. Put me up on his lap and asked if I liked girls. When I said no he told me to keep that up. Girls are dangerous. Lol

I'm pretty good friends to this day with an ex-NFL player (who shall remain nameless) who was prolly on some of you guy's fantasy teams 10 years ago. He had a few minor off the field issues that were sort of B.S. but blown up into something bigger by the media (I know the full story and it wasn't what they were saying) and I saw first hand how that works. Prolly why I'm quick to defend the athlete.

I played baseball in the same High School Conference against Josh Hamilton. He played varsity as a freshman (he may have even been in the 8th grade on the vasity team) and I was a senior. He struck me out. Twice. Dude was like 14 throwing HEAT. I'll never forget I was like "This dude is a freshman? Who the fock is this guy? He's bigger than I am"

While in Wilmington, NC back in like 1999 or 2000 I was at a bar with my girlfriend, it was her birthday. Vince Vaughn started outright hitting on her while I stood right there. I mean straight up hitting on her knowing who I was and while I was standing right beside her. At first it was playful and I was laughing but then it got awkward. And she was eating it up. I actually think she was considering just leaving me right there and going off with this schmuck. After a bit I got a little bit loud and one of his "boys" who was well, rather a big dude, sort of just stared me down so I told them to fock off and got out of there. My GF very very very recluctantly came with me but our relationship didn't last long. Fock that Whoore and fock Vince Vaughn.

That's about it.

While in Wilmington, NC back in like 1999 or 2000 I was at a bar with my girlfriend, it was her birthday. Vince Vaughn starting outright hitting on her while I stood right there. I mean straight up hitting on her knowing who I was and while I was standing right beside her. At first it was playful and I was laughing but then it got awkward. And she was eating it up. I actually think she was considering just leaving me right there and going off with this schmuck. After a bit I got a little bit loud and one of his "boys" who was well, rather a big dude, sort of just stared me down so I told them to fock off and got out of there. My GF very very very recluctantly came with me but our relationship didn't last long. Fock that Whoore and fock Vince Vaughn.

That's about it.

Damn thats rough. Thats why I always say its never good to get serious with girls who are too hot. Make no mistake, if your girl is hot and your not the big kahuna around town, she can do better than you. It also means these guys that are better than you will be hitting on her nonstop. Its only a matter of time til they trade up.

I'm pretty good friends to this day with an ex-NFL player (who shall remain nameless) who was prolly on some of you guy's fantasy teams 10 years ago. He had a few minor off the field issues that were sort of B.S. but blown up into something bigger by the media (I know the full story and it wasn't what they were saying) and I saw first hand how that works. Prolly why I'm quick to defend the athlete.

I played baseball in the same High School Conference against Josh Hamilton. He played varsity as a freshman and I was a senior. He struck me out. Twice. Dude was like 14 throwing HEAT. I'll never forget I was like "This dude is a freshman? Who the fock is this guy? He's bigger than I am"

While in Wilmington, NC back in like 1999 or 2000 I was at a bar with my girlfriend, it was her birthday. Vince Vaughn starting outright hitting on her while I stood right there. I mean straight up hitting on her knowing who I was and while I was standing right beside her. At first it was playful and I was laughing but then it got awkward. And she was eating it up. I actually think she was considering just leaving me right there and going off with this schmuck. After a bit I got a little bit loud and one of his "boys" who was well, rather a big dude, sort of just stared me down so I told them to fock off and got out of there. My GF very very very recluctantly came with me but our relationship didn't last long. Fock that Whoore and fock Vince Vaughn.

That's about it.

Played with a lot of guys like that. And against them too back in my baseball days. A lot of the guys I played with/against are now in the majors. Had a chance to go myself but I wasn't drafted high. Decided to do med school instead.

Wilmington, NC is an awesome town too. But that's kinda f***** up that Vince decided to do that while you were right there and the girl was deciding on if she actually wanted to stay with you or not. I would have just left her then and there

Yes one was driving in the motorcade and meeting ###### cheney. Didn't get shot.

I forgot one. I played golf with Torry Holt at a Charity Event. Rode in the cart with him the whole round. Him and his brother Terrance host a Charity Event in Raleigh and I played in it. The teaming up thing was random and just luck of the draw. He was cool as all get out. Poor Torry was awful at golf though, I mean a complete hacker. He joked that his jacked up crooked finger was the reason.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Torry-Holt-Finger-Pic.jpg&imgrefurl=http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2011/12/audio-torry-holt-explains-how-he-set-a-dislocated-finger-mid-route/&h=656&w=1024&tbnid=OE89Bg3umUKQ5M:&zoom=1&docid=2LbGTOIt6AYV0M&ei=fIU6VfLSJ8WSsQSCtoHIDA&tbm=isch&ved=0CB0QMygAMAA

I forgot one. I played golf with Torry Holt at Charity Event. Rode in the cart with him the whole round. Him and his brother Terrance host a Charity Event in Raleigh and I played in it. The teaming up thing was random and just luck of the draw. He was cool as all get out. Poor Torry was awful at golf though, I mean a complete hacker. He joked that his jacked up crooked finger was the reason.

that dude has one ugly mug. did he scare away the rabbits?

I see Larry Holmes at least once a month. And I DJ'd a wedding where Mario Andretti was.

Lee Trevino is an investor at the club I play at. Talked to him many times and he's played in our games a few times too.. Roger Staubach came to my high school before a huge playoff game. Gave us a pep talk - got to say hello and shake his hand.

I was bartending a catering event downtown. Was taking the service elevator down to get some more alcohol as we were running out. The doors open and it's Robert Redford and one of his handlers. The handler tells me to get out and take the next one. I told them they could take the next one or join me. They didn't get on and I didn't get off. The handler called me an arsehole while the doors were closing.

Played bubble hockey against Bob Probert (the Red Wing, not the old FFToday geek)

Ran into Dennis Rodman and Carmen Electra in Vegas during their brief run together.

Sat at a blackjack table with Mark McGrath before he was really famous.

Talked with Belinda Carlisle backstage at an 80's Regeneration Tour show a couple years ago. She is still smoking hot.

Had dinner with a couple of the castmembers from the Sopranos (and a few of our closest friends) recently. Bigpooosay, Chris ta fuh, and Paulie Walnuts.

There may be more.....

i played in an old timers game against the philadelphia flyers (bob clarke, bernie parent, dave shultz, bob kelly, watson brothers, reg leach, bill barber, etc...) hung out after the game for sh*ts and giggles

a cool bunch of guys

Not me, but my father in law has a ton of Mickey mantle stories, guess they belonged to the same country club after he retired. He seemed to have liked to be naked on the golf course

Leo Fender

Eddie Van Halen

Robert Cray

George Thorogood

Lots of famous surfers. Hobie. Greg Noll. Shaun Thompson. Six time world champion surfer Corky Carroll is a good friend.

Leo Fender

Eddie Van Halen

Robert Cray

George Thorogood

Lots of famous surfers. Hobie. Greg Noll. Shaun Thompson. Six time world champion surfer Corky Carroll is a good friend.

Van Halen is the only name on that list resembling a celebrity. Never heard of anyone else.

Famous to me, but prolly not to the rest of you queers.

Skated at Uplands with Tony Hawk, Hosoi, Peters, Ruff, Phillips, Mountain, etc...

Shaun Palmer, (USA TODAY had a front cover story of him back in our time asking if he was / is the wordls greatest athlete) Damian Sanders and crew used to come down from Tahoe all the time to skate our halfpipe

Took a sh1t in Edie Brickelles poosay the day before Bunny finger banged her. :dunno:

Also, Djgb13 won this thread a long time ago.

Living in our section of Phoenix I've met a lot of athletes: Lived two houses down from Matt Leinart, Amare Stoudemire, and Daryn Colledge (OL, currently with the Dolphins I think). All good guys if you met them in a normal/peer sort of setting.

Back in college, met Bob Ryan in a bar outside of the Boston Garden after a Celts game. This would be late 80s. Had a few drinks, and almost got into a fight because I said something to the effect that if Larry Bird were black he'd be considered just another very good player. He didn't agree.

When? She's been married to Paul Simon since 92.

1989 or 1990. I graduated the year before in 88. Went to Delgado Community College where smokers and dumb asses go. I sucked at math so I had to spend a semester there doing remedial classes before I went to USL. Wanted to go to LSU.

The only good thing that happend during my time in stupid college was fingering her. Go figure.

My wife knows the story and hates it. Was eating lunch a few years ago at a local bar with her and a friend of mine, who was there when it happend, blurted out "How's Edie?"

1989 or 1990. I graduated the year before in 88. Went to Delgado Community College where smokers and dumb asses go. I sucked at math so I had to spend a semester there doing remedial classes before I went to USL. Wanted to go to LSU.

The only good thing that happend during my time in stupid college was fingering her. Go figure.

My wife knows the story and hates it. Was eating lunch a few years ago at a local bar with her and a friend of mine, who was there when it happend, blurted out "How's Edie?"

Awesome. I'd be making puns and bringing it up with her all the time. "You know hunnie, I could had Edie but I picked you."

Lots of celebrity sightings... too many to list.

Actual interactions:

Stopped Christian Slater on the 3rd St. Promenade in Santa Monica, and he invited me and a friend to an after party. This was back in the late 90's.

Had some old guy from The Bold and the Beautiful hit on me at a bar.

Played pool with a drunk Cuba Gooding Jr. at Q's in Westwood.

Made out with Paulo Costanzo from Road Trip at the Hollywood Canteen.

Jerry O' Connell tried to hit on my best friend at Naional in Hollywood.

Used to date Damon Lindelof (pre Lost) when he was a writer for Crossing Jordon, and still had all his hair.

Went to a call at Flavor Flavs apt in the Bronx. We got there and the place was a total mess, and he had a life size Darth Vader mannequin with the clocks hung around his neck. He said to us "excuse the mess, but I'm in distress". It was a BS call, he was just high running around the hallway in his underwear. Saw him again years later at a red light, he was riding a stand up motorized scooter. I said "what's up flav?" He said "much love officer". I didn't want to get in to it with him about the scooter, had better things to do.

Ronnie James Fawking Dio. Was at The Trunudor in LA. Might be the smallest man I ever met who isn't considered a midget.

Phil Anselmo-Pantera. Went to high school with him. I've told the jazzersize story many times.

Grace Slick. When I was a teen, she played a summer concert at Astro World. My uncle lived inHouston so I got a ride with her friend that does dog shows as I spent many summers there.

Was in the hotel lobby across from Astro World, where the dog show freaks were staying and We Built This City On R&R were staying, waiting for my uncle to pick me up, and she walks in screaming about her band not getting an entire floor to themselves. The dog show people and her get into a brawl right there in the Holiday Inn lobby. Funny beyond belief.

The following night, Jefferson Airplane/Starship plays at Astro Wirld. Grace comes on with a mic lowered at her poosay level and someone in the band is barking and telling the crowd how happy the band is to be there. A poosay vinquiatrest of sorts.

Living in our section of Phoenix I've met a lot of athletes: Lived two houses down from Matt Leinart, Amare Stoudemire, and Daryn Colledge (OL, currently with the Dolphins I think). All good guys if you met them in a normal/peer sort of setting.

Colledge retired this year and just sold the house. Apparently he, his wife, and two young girls are going to spend a year in Florence, Italy to learn Italian. Then they'll probably perma-retire in Boise, where Colledge played college (heh heh) ball and his wife is from.

The house was bought by... Mike Iupati, the Cards' new left guard signed from SF. Amazing that 4 consecutive pro athletes have owned that house. Wife speculated that maybe because they move around a lot they help each other out by buying each others' houses. It's a nice enough house, but not for a guy who just signed a $40M contract.

I lived with Jaime Pressly in the mid 90's. She was dating my best buddy at the time. He went to prison for stealing a car, and she left him. He's now back in prison on his 3rd strike. We still chat once in a while.

Ronnie James Fawking Dio. Was at The Trunudor in LA. Might be the smallest man I ever met who isn't considered a midget.

Phil Anselmo-Pantera. Went to high school with him. I've told the jazzersize story many times.

Grace Slick. When I was a teen, she played a summer concert at Astro World. My uncle lived inHouston so I got a ride with her friend that does dog shows as I spent many summers there.

Was in the hotel lobby across from Astro World, where the dog show freaks were staying and We Built This City On R&R were staying, waiting for my uncle to pick me up, and she walks in screaming about her band not getting an entire floor to themselves. The dog show people and her get into a brawl right there in the Holiday Inn lobby. Funny beyond belief.

The following night, Jefferson Airplane/Starship plays at Astro Wirld. Grace comes on with a mic lowered at her poosay level and someone in the band is barking and telling the crowd how happy the band is to be there. A poosay vinquiatrest of sorts.

Hell yah. Best metal band ever. RIP dimebag.

Way way too many to mention.

I was on the Howard Stern show twice. (Three times if you count the WOR TV show).

I lived with Jaime Pressly in the mid 90's. She was dating my best buddy at the time. He went to prison for stealing a car, and she left him. He's now back in prison on his 3rd strike. We still chat once in a while.

Damn she's hot :wub: