Sign in to follow this  
kilroy69

2 days in the hospital with the boy

he has a virus that's making it hard for him to breathe. They also discovered a previously undetected slight heart murmur. Damn I hate hospitals.

Fock. :(

sorry to hear.

Best of luck.

My ex just got out of childrens hospital after being there for 9 months. She had a premie that needed several heart surgeries. He made it, they are home now.

Good luck

:thumbsup:

T&P's Kid in the hospital is hard on a parent.

he has a virus that's making it hard for him to breathe. They also discovered a previously undetected slight heart murmur. Damn I hate hospitals.

Stop smoking weed around him :mad:

J/k, good luck, hope he's out quick. Hospitals suck to be at, I work at one which is bad enough :thumbsdown:

Stop smoking weed around him :mad:

J/k, good luck, hope he's out quick. Hospitals suck to be at, I work at one which is bad enough :thumbsdown:

I never ever ever smoke around him. I also take a shower and change my clothes before I do come back in.

I never ever ever smoke around him. I also take a shower and change my clothes before I do come back in.

Your kid is going to think you're an oscars host with all the costume changes.

• Like 1

We left today around 5 and wow he is so much better. They gave him 4 breathing treatments, steroids, and lots of tests. He is very happy to be home.

• Like 2

We left today around 5 and wow he is so much better. They gave him 4 breathing treatments, steroids, and lots of tests. He is very happy to be home.

Your talking about your kid, not newbie right? :doublethumbsup:

Great to hear, it must be awful to have a kid in the hospital.

Your talking about your kid, not newbie right? :doublethumbsup:

Great to hear, it must be awful to have a kid in the hospital.

It really is. Especially seeing as how I just thought I was going in to our family practice for a cold. Ended up 20 min away at the U of m with them talking possible asthma and a heart murmur. Scared the out of me.

Didn't see this earlier. Glad the kid is out and everything looks good; your kid being sick is the absolute worst!

It really is. Especially seeing as how I just thought I was going in to our family practice for a cold. Ended up 20 min away at the U of m with them talking possible asthma and a heart murmur. Scared the ###### out of me.

Been there, done that, with one of my sons. There is no greater source of stress than when your child is endangered and you are helpless. It's absolutely the worst experience a parent can suffer through.

On a brighter note, my son eventually pulled through with flying colors - and I am glad to hear that it sounds as if your son will be fine, too. Parenting is such a roller-coaster ride! Hang in there and trust your instincts. :)

It really is. He is so much more happy. By the end of the day today it was getting hard to contain him in that room.

Glad to hear this

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Shtt sucks ass when kids are hurting. Glad to hear he is back home.

Glad your son is better.

I know someone else asked if it was RSV and if he's home I guess it wasn't. My son had it at 18 months and it was the worst.

Hope he is better quick. Good luck man.

It really is. He is so much more happy. By the end of the day today it was getting hard to contain him in that room.

:thumbsup:

I know someone else asked if it was RSV and if he's home I guess it wasn't. My son had it at 18 months and it was the worst.

Hope he is better quick. Good luck man.

My son was born very early and RSV was a MAJOR concern. We were giving many rules. We were basically told, if your son gets this, he will likely die. We could not even hardly take him out of the house. I had to take him to the doctor every single month to get this special shot that was very expensive, over 1300 bucks per shot. Had to have one every month for years.

One rule we were giving caused folks to get very pissed at us. No kissing on the mouth, EVER, NO MATTER WHAT. The reasoning was this. Someone could have the virus and not realize it yet because they are not showing symptoms. If that person was to kiss our son on the mouth, he would get the virus and would probably kill him.

Well guess what??? My ex wife's mother, who was in the room with us as we were given these instructions, stopped by one day and focking kissed my son on the mouth. I snapped. Told the ex wife to handle it or I would. Ex wife's mom became so pissed off over this, she did not talk to us for over a year and even missed my son's first birthday over it.

I don't ever let anyone kiss him on the lips. I think it's creepy.

I don't ever let anyone kiss him on the lips. I think it's creepy.

She never did again. Had to keep them from kissing their hands or basically anything else on the baby too since babies put damn near anything in their mouth.

She never did again. Had to keep them from kissing their hands or basically anything else on the baby too since babies put damn near anything in their mouth.

I will keep that in mind ty

You shower outside?

You shower outside?

I shower inside. The bathroom in the house is right next to the front door so it does not take much for me to just jump right in.