Sign in to follow this  
james00

Randall Cobb hurt :(

Would Montgomery or Janis be the one to pickup?

My current WRs are

Landry

A Robinson

Charles Johnson

Algholar

Boldin

Why would you even play Cobb? Nelson just goes down and you play him? Rodgers didn't play. Rodgers still be Rodgers I don't think so

This hurts Davante Adams in my opinion.

This is a significant increase in responsibility than being a stopgap number 3 receiver.

I think everyone aside from Lacy on GB is DND at their current (and future) cost.

This is a significant increase in responsibility than being a stopgap number 3 receiver.

I think everyone aside from Lacy on GB is DND at their current (and future) cost.

I just cant buy this. Matt Ryan made Harry freaking Douglas awesome for a few games when Roddy and Julio were down. I believe in Adams if he is Rodgers #1. Almost any other QB, yes i completely agree. Just not with this one.

Hurt Adams ? 150 targets yeah it won't hurt him if Cobb is hurt bad. Cobb still could be fine we shall see

If Adams becomes Rodgers number one wr how the heck does it hurt him ?

If Adams becomes Rodgers number one wr how the heck does it hurt him ?

At some point, losing your top 2 wrs detracts from the overall offensive game plan and hinders everyone involved.
  • Like 2

Likely an AC joint sprain...depends on severity, but I would think he'll be ready week 1.

i thought AC was normally a 4-week recovery. this bears research.

Yeah I don't understand the thought process of the Packers coaching staff. Rodgers wasn't in so why would Cobb be in.

Ac joint sprain grades 1-6. Grades 1-3 call for 2 to 3 weeks rest. 4-6 require surgury

At some point, losing your top 2 wrs detracts from the overall offensive game plan and hinders everyone involved.

Have hard time seeing that this will hurt Adams at all . now I agree it will change the game plan but they will still need to throw the ball and if Adams becomes the number one guy I don't see how it hurts him much if any at all . Can only see his numbers going up from where they where projected even after Nelson went down . Praying that Cobb does come back never ever want to see anyone get hurt .

If he landed on shoulder could be impingement

He'll play and be limited

Have hard time seeing that this will hurt Adams at all . now I agree it will change the game plan but they will still need to throw the ball and if Adams becomes the number one guy I don't see how it hurts him much if any at all . Can only see his numbers going up from where they where projected even after Nelson went down . Praying that Cobb does come back never ever want to see anyone get hurt .

Its a direct trickle down effect of the whole offense. Fewer reliable options for Rodgers might mean fewer first downs wich are the lifes blood of fantasy stats. Fewer first downs, fewer red zone trips and on and on.

The overall offense and Aaron Rodgers both suffer, but if Adams is his #1 he is going to get a lot of targets. Sure, if he is going against Peterson or Revis hes prob not doing much, but against your average CB Rodgers is good enough to propel Adams.

Its a direct trickle down effect of the whole offense. Fewer reliable options for Rodgers might mean fewer first downs wich are the lifes blood of fantasy stats. Fewer first downs, fewer red zone trips and on and on.

Agree that it's going to hurt there offense . But if Adams becomes the number one option his targets would go up from where they would have been . So that would make him a very good draft pick from where he was being drafted . I agre overall it's going to hurt them move the ball , but as the number one target he is going to see more production just based on targets alone yes ?

Ian RAppaport reporting Cobb out 6-8 weeks

Thinking that's fake...no note of what the injury is, but knows he's out 6-8 weeks? Also, that guy only has 80 followers....not the real Ian?

MRI will tell the tale tomorrow. Pack will still be in decent shape if Cobb comes back maybe week 4 or 5. Folks in Green Bay are in full panic mode right now

Sounds like #Packers dodged a bullet with Randall Cobbs injury. Teammates left believing its minor, that its likely just a sprain.

Shh. This is just like Madden football. "Next Man Up" has infiltrated everyone's brain and Davante Adams, Jeff Janis, and Ty Montgomery are the offensive juggernaut that Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, and Davante Adams were.

Jordy and Cobb just reminded me why you don't draft them, always nicked up or a hammy, at late 1st round or second round pick I don't want to be wrong.

Agree that it's going to hurt there offense . But if Adams becomes the number one option his targets would go up from where they would have been . So that would make him a very good draft pick from where he was being drafted . I agre overall it's going to hurt them move the ball , but as the number one target he is going to see more production just based on targets alone yes ?

Eh not necessarily. I undertand what your thought process is and while it may be splitting hairs, I disagree slightly. I felt that after Jordys injury, Cobbs role would remain largely the same while Davante would step into Jordys role. Not saying he would get Jordys production,,but he would run his routes etc. It's less about personnel and more about game plan, each guy has their role in the offense. So while Davante was in a great spot before, if Cobb is hurt I feel it could hurt him. I dont think he would see more targets since his role would be largely unchanged. The flip side of that argument is that while Cobbs role would be the same, Rodgers would target him more purely out of trust, and that's a valid argument. But I think they see it different than we do here and Rodgers trusts whoever is in the role. He just sees "the X and the Y receiver" he doesn't see them as Cobb and Davante.

So all that spiel combined with Cobbs natural skill in getting open, making tough catches and moving the chains being absent leads me to speculate the entire offense takes a hit. Davante included. Not a huge hit to him personally, but still a hit.

Jordy and Cobb just reminded me why you don't draft them, always nicked up or a hammy, at late 1st round or second round pick I don't want to be wrong.

Both of them where top ten wr last season in PPR , I would have drafted Nelson either late first round or early second in PPR league .

Cobb should be ok, they saying it's nothing serious. Relieved to hear that even tho I drafted Ty. They really don't need anymore injuries.

The overall offense and Aaron Rodgers both suffer, but if Adams is his #1 he is going to get a lot of targets. Sure, if he is going against Peterson or Revis hes prob not doing much, but against your average CB Rodgers is good enough to propel Adams.

Been wondering who would slide into Nelson's split end position... At 6'1" 215 I think Adams has the size to do so. In three wide sets they may put him at flanker and run Janis or Montgomery at X, but either way Adams is in for a big season target-wise.

Been wondering who would slide into Nelson's split end position... At 6'1" 215 I think Adams has the size to do so. In three wide sets they may put him at flanker and run Janis or Montgomery at X, but either way Adams is in for a big season target-wise.

Don't see how he would not be I agree .