Sign in to follow this  
Culpooper

Tevin Coleman

What do we think about this kid? Is he a reliable fantasy flex ROS? or a matchup play? He did get 20 carries and appears to the the first option in shanahan RB friendly system.

Just traded Allen Robinson for him.

Like that he got 20 carries, and looked MUCH better than freeman. Seems to have their trust. Also going against the Giants without Beason this week.

I took him in my non ppr dynasty league and am very happy to have him...

dude looks solid, plays on a team that can move the ball, and, if he can avoid the injury bug, could be a solid RB1 for years to come.

jdon

What do we think about this kid? Is he a reliable fantasy flex ROS? or a matchup play? He did get 20 carries and appears to the the first option in shanahan RB friendly system.

Like him a lot , I just hope he stays healthy enough to play every week .

I own him in two leagues and am starting him against the Giants this week.m

Does Freemans big game boost anyones confidence in Coleman when he comes back? I think its a great sign of things to come for Coleman because Freeman sucks

Does Freemans big game boost anyones confidence in Coleman when he comes back? I think its a great sign of things to come for Coleman because Freeman sucks

Freeman had a poor game against what looked like a decent Run defense and a great game against a weak defense.

Tevin played decent against a pretty good D in week 1.

I still think this is a RBBC where he will eventually emerge as the starter (as long as he can remain on the field)

Biggest problem with Coleman is him staying healthy . Could not do it during the offseason either .

Before yesterday's game, I always felt it was Freeman's job to lose.

• Like 1

So I picked up Freeman this past week, and started him in the flex. I don't know the ins and outs of the Falcons RB situation, so my questions are:

• Is there any chance Freeman takes the job from Coleman? Obviously he looked like a stud yesterday.
  • If we think Coleman gets the job back, how much can I get for Freeman right now?

Personally, if Freeman has another elite performance, I'm going to try and sell him. It's going to be a 50/50 split at best when Coleman returns.

Personally, if Freeman has another elite performance, I'm going to try and sell him. It's going to be a 50/50 split at best when Coleman returns.

You can stick the proverbial fork Coleman now !!!

Freeman looked outstanding yesterday !!!!!!!!! And that's understating it!!

You can stick the proverbial fork Coleman now !!!

Freeman looked outstanding yesterday !!!!!!!!! And that's understating it!!

He did look amazing, quick and decisive, seeing the holes, making great cut backs even when there was no hole.

They went into Dallas and made a great comeback.....I'm not sure what else Falcons could possibly need to see from a RB to win a starting job.

(owner and started him....and neeeeeed him badly with Dougie doing D!ck in Tampa)

before getting too excited, bear in mind that he was running against an extremely depleted D-line on sunday. DAL was down to its 4th string RDE, who is actually a rotation DT and was starting his first NFL game. the rotation 3-tech was playing in his first game, and the rotation 1-tech went on IR earlier in the week.

freeman bears watching, but this game probably isn't representative.

I would keep Freeman so far Coleman can't stay healthy .

Coleman is a rookie. Matt Ryan and Quinn trust Freeman more on pass protection. Yesterday's game was against a weak and depleted Cowboys D, however it was clear that Freeman was elusive, hit the holes hard, and was able to catch the ball. Methinks it will be a 75%/25% timeshare with Freeman being the featured back.

Freeman sucks caak. Since i whole heartedly believe that he is going to be the feature back and ruin all the Coleman stock i bought.

Freeman is a situational back. not a feature back. The guy had one good game and a milion crappy games. He's gonna need at least one more performance last week before the coaches will even give him a sniff of the starting job.

This is a time share. Coleman will probably earn the starting job eventually, but it will take at least 3 or 4 more games to do it (due to his injury)

Getting real tired of reading on fantasy websites that Freeman is average, mediocre, blah blah blah. I've always liked him and his talent and he proved it yesterday.

• Like 1

Getting real tired of reading on fantasy websites that Freeman is average, mediocre, blah blah blah. I've always liked him and his talent and he proved it yesterday.

He's honestly not that good. prior to Sunday his best game was 38 yards rushing and 44 yards receiving. He had almost a full year to break out as the main back in the timeshare when SJAX got hurt, and he couldnt do it.

Now the team has more talent and Tevin Coleman, a player drafted specifically for this run scheme. Do you seriously see him coming out as the starter?

Yes he looked good on Sunday. Yes, its the first time ever. Yes you are excited. but He honestly needs to blow the doors off again before he will grab the attention of the coach. Even then... The coach may still go with Coleman.

This last game was against a defense that looked like it couldnt tackle. Why dont we wait for the result of the next game before we annoint him the new King of Atlanta Football.

Next week he plays against a mediocre Houston team with a decent run D. Because the team isnt top notch they will give up run yards, but that's generally late in the game. This is Not a super tough test, but a reasonable test. If he performs then you got something to brag about.

I just gave up a decent amount to get Coleman. I think once he's healthy he will outproduce Freeman and put up low-end RB2 numbers.

I hope you are right. I am hanging on hoping Freeman's big game last week hasn't made Atl change their minds about who the man is in Atl. Freeman is a better 3rd down change back.

I have Freeman. Tevin Coleman was cut in my league. I'd have to drop Michael Crabtree to pick him up, or I could pick up Christine Michael. Don't know what to do. I guess I'll hold Crabtree until I decide if either of these RB options are worth rostering.

I have Freeman. Tevin Coleman was cut in my league. I'd have to drop Michael Crabtree to pick him up, or I could pick up Christine Michael. Don't know what to do. I guess I'll hold Crabtree until I decide if either of these RB options are worth rostering.

Coleman has to be rostered. For all we know hes coming back into a 20 touch role. The other 2 do not, especially CMichael. If he carves out a role as a short yardage rb for dallas, thats not startable.

Coleman has to be rostered. For all we know hes coming back into a 20 touch role. The other 2 do not, especially CMichael. If he carves out a role as a short yardage rb for dallas, thats not startable.

:thumbsup: I just dropped Crabtree and picked up Tevin Coleman. I didn't realize what he did in college http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/2979477/type/college/tevin-coleman

, and I liked what I saw of him for the Falcons so far. I still have 8 WRs and they're pretty good.

Coleman has a lot of upside but he keeps getting hurt , this past off season he was hurt almost all of the preseason , I think when he comes back Freeman and him will be a true rbbc .

Freeman beasting yet again. Ripping off long catches and td runs. I want people to apologize who kept badmouthing him when we hadn't even seen him in more than a change of pace role.

• Like 1

Well, I tried to trade Freeman in packages this past week, but I was asking a lot. Nobody bit.

Well on his way to another monster week. I don't know much about Coleman, but i am here to claim he is no Devonta Freeman.

Freeman beasting yet again. Ripping off long catches and td runs. I want people to apologize who kept badmouthing him when we hadn't even seen him in more than a change of pace role.

Hes still mediocre at best. Rbbc when coleman comes back. I am kind of screwed however.

Hes still mediocre at best. Rbbc when coleman comes back. I am kind of screwed however.

Oh geez, mediocre at best? The first time we see him in meaningful action he's playing like an MVP, he's obviously not mediocre. Some guys just need a chance to shine. He's in a great situation to play well and is doing so. Mediocre rbs are mediocre even with the right situation.

The most I'll accept is that Freeman is mediocre at worst. At best he's good.

In defense of the Freeman haters, if you take away his two big plays, a 44 yard catch and a 23 yard TD run, then he would only have 67 yards and a TD in the first half.

That may be the best half anyone has had so far today. But it's hardly hall of fame worthy.

In defense of the Freeman haters, if you take away his two big plays, a 44 yard catch and a 23 yard TD run, then he would only have 67 yards and a TD in the first half.

That may be the best half anyone has had so far today. But it's hardly hall of fame worthy.

Oh so just take away his 20yd td and his 16yd td and he's not that great lol. This is a bad argument. the big plays are part of a players evaluation.
  • Like 1

That is a terrible argument.

I bet you could look at almost every RB who's had a big day and they've had 1-2 huge runs that helped really beef their stats up.