Sign in to follow this  
Challenger

Todd Gurley

It was my opinion that they shouldnt have brought him back this soon.

I dont truly believe this is an indicator of his talent level.

There are two issues:

1) ACL Tear and repair typically takes 18 months to heal and get back to where you were. In the old days it was a 2 year recovery, but technology is better. ADP did it in 12 months, but hes the only one I am aware of that was able to come back in less than a year and play effectively. I'd consider this the exception to the rule.

That being said, the last thing to come back to a RB after this type of injury and surgical recovery is the burst, and speed in changing direction. I'll be honest, I didnt see the game, but comments led me to believe the burst wasnt there.

2) the second issue is Rust. he hasnt played. and we'd be foolish to think hes gonna come in and be sharp in his reads. In many respects, this is preseason for him. I wouldnt worry about it.

-----------------------

He still wont be startable for a number of weeks (I'd say at least 4-6 weeks) and There is the possibility that he may not be startable this year for fantasy purposes. He is more likely to be helpful in the Fantasy football playoffs (if you make the playoffs)

Now that the shine of him playing is worn off, have to deal with the fact he plays for the Rams who have an awful offense. .

I think that Rams team is better than it's showing, especially the offensive line. Fisher has shown he'll ride a back if he can find one. I'm trying to trade for Gurley in my keeper league.

Started Gurley and Gordon over...wait for it....Blount and Sproles.

:banana:

Why would you have started Gurley? Gordon, for sure, but Gurley? Ehhh

Mason has underperformed and this guy is rusty. Give him a few weeks and we will see. Can he pass block and can he catch. I do not know.

To me, they should be going w Cunningham first. He can at least catch.

Agree why would you even think about starting Gurley ?

Started Gurley and Gordon over...wait for it....Blount and Sproles.

:banana:

Here is a tip. Start Blount when the pats face a crappy team. Bench him when they play a tough defensive team, because they will spread the ball out and probably use Lewis more. No idea why you would start Gurley.. Guess you were anxious? He's coming off an injury and has not contact in a long time. Also he is coming back sooner than expected so you need to give him time before you can start him.

Agree why would you even think about starting Gurley ?

This.

He even said today that he feels great, but still has to get back into it.

anyone rolling him out?

If I had him, he would for sure be rolled out next week if healthy and feeling good, but not this week. I figure, he needs three full weeks of training.

If I had him, he would for sure be rolled out next week if healthy and feeling good, but not this week. I figure, he needs three full weeks of training.

at least.

all players in the NFL get a couple weeks of camp and 4 preseason games to shake the rust off. What has Gurley Had?

My bet is not enough.

He is at least 3-4 weeks from being startable. (Likely more)

As for those of you who started him.... Lesson learned.

I always wait until that injured player has a game under their belts before inserting them into the lineup. I suppose if I was in a pinch due to injuries and bye weeks, I'd make an exception and hope for the best, but to insert him and play him over an established player who is healthy wasnt your best move.

I'm waiting until week 5

I am waiting to see something from him. If that happens before the week 6 bye, great. They have a tough schedule against the run until after the bye though. If he shows something before the bye, I might start him week 7. That is probably the earliest I start him though unless he breaks out one week first.

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/4897E913811259981705952493568_4461802090a.1.0.13844258070202563948.mp4?versionId=g_TIdJNNcr5ief9rcb71Y07u9wT8.qG1

watch this vine a few times...and watch what might have happened had he continued to stay his course and have a little more patience and let it develop.....that will hopefully come with a little more experience and practice time....a little more patience on that run and he might have busted it off for 50 yards if he gets through that crease that developed

As long as he keeps playing with no injury, that is a very good thing. But yes, he needs time to get into the swing of the NFL speed.

I'm going to offer the Gurley owner Andrew Luck straight up for him - and I'm going to be rebuffed.

I know he pulled up on that run to keep the clock going but he could have pressed the gas and scored a 40yd td. Dumb, but they won so oh well.

I know he pulled up on that run to keep the clock going but he could have pressed the gas and scored a 40yd td. Dumb, but they won so oh well.

That was the exact opposite of dumb. He had the maturity not to think about his own stats and realized by sitting he ensured they could take a knee and end it. Bad for fantasy teams starting him? Sure. Dumb? No, not at all.

That was the exact opposite of dumb. He had the maturity not to think about his own stats and realized by sitting he ensured they could take a knee and end it. Bad for fantasy teams starting him? Sure. Dumb? No, not at all.

Those big highlight plays are worth a lot of money come contract time. Him scoring doesn't hurt their chances of winning.

Those big highlight plays are worth a lot of money come contract time. Him scoring doesn't hurt their chances of winning.

He will have more than enough highlight reels and organizations will be even more impressed with a clip like this showing his maturity at such a young age.

• Like 1

But...good for people starting AZ defense, salvage a few points there. I'm a Gurley fan now. :)

Kids a mobster and he's probably only 80-90 percent he's gonna be a beast. He will be the #1 back drafted next year. Yup he's that good and I'm a bell owner.

Kids a mobster and he's probably only 80-90 percent he's gonna be a beast. He will be the #1 back drafted next year. Yup he's that good and I'm a bell owner.

Man idk about that. Bell is so good and the steelers offense is better plus an easier division. Maybe he does go #1 in a lot of drafts, but Bell is the man imo.

Gurley or Yeldon the rest of the way? Both are available on waivers and I can now drop T Taylor due to Brady's bye week is past.

Him going for endzone there gives the Rams a slight chance of a loss, if he gets popped by defender in front of him and loses the ball.

Him going down gives the Rams no chance of losing that game.

Man idk about that. Bell is so good and the steelers offense is better plus an easier division. Maybe he does go #1 in a lot of drafts, but Bell is the man imo.

Gurley. Better team will equal more carries. Otherwisw, both are in somewhat similar bad offenses where they should carry the load.

Gurley. Better team will equal more carries. Otherwisw, both are in somewhat similar bad offenses where they should carry the load.

The Steelers are a bad offense? Thats not true at all

Got him in a trade 2 weeks ago, so I am thrilled to see his production today.

But......maybe we oughta see him play a few games before we move him above Bell next year?

Got him in a trade 2 weeks ago, so I am thrilled to see his production today.

But......maybe we oughta see him play a few games before we move him above Bell next year?

Nah. I'm gonna email my league tonight and lock in my pick for next year :)

The Steelers are a bad offense? Thats not true at all

Quoted the wrong post. I was responding to the held on or Gurley question.

Gurley or Yeldon the rest of the way? Both are available on waivers and I can now drop T Taylor due to Brady's bye week is past.

Gurley , can't believe he his even available .

Kid just earned a spot in my lineup. I haven't seen that combination of power and speed since AP. He doesn't even look like he's trying on this run, and the speed he's flying passed defenders is ridiculous http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000549742/Rams-Todd-Gurley-runs-for-52-yards

In fairness, the line provided him a hole that Sankey coulda run through. He did show great speed, though. I also liked the way he jumped up in the face of his tackler......got some fire in his belly.

In fairness, the line provided him a hole that Sankey coulda run through. He did show great speed, though. I also liked the way he jumped up in the face of his tackler......got some fire in his belly.

I was talking about his speed, not ability to find a hole :thumbsup:

omg.. that is the dumbest post i have ever read

omg.. that is the dumbest post i have ever read

Guess you haven't read very many posts :doublethumbsup:

FFToday has Yelden ranked #19 and Gurley #21 for Rest of The Way Rankings leading into this weekend. Both performed well this week. I can't believe they are available either, but our league has small benches, so quite a few players get dropped probably too early.

So who would you take?