Sign in to follow this  
bfros

Why Foster won't come back this week

Just a hunch, and this isn't rocket science, but my bet is that the Texans hold Foster out one more week because they have a short week following week 4 (quick turn around game on Thurs night at home in week 5 against Colts). If he plays this sunday against Falcons and there's a set back of any kind, he has a short week to recover for Thurs night. Safest thing to do is hold him until Thurs night game, which gives him 10 days before he has to play again.

So I'm guessing week 5 is when Foster returns.

(Also, f*ck Davante made-of-glass Adams. Just needed to get that off my chest).

• Like 1

or they can play him as the backup and hold back on his reps.

Just a hunch, and this isn't rocket science, but my bet is that the Texans hold Foster out one more week because they have a short week following week 4 (quick turn around game on Thurs night at home in week 5 against Colts). If he plays this sunday against Falcons and there's a set back of any kind, he has a short week to recover for Thurs night. Safest thing to do is hold him until Thurs night game, which gives him 10 days before he has to play again.

Couldnt agree more.

...on both accounts.

I just cut Adams in a TD heavy short bench redraft, and it felt great.

If hes healthy he plays. Hes going to be on a snap count the first time out regardless. I don't think the short week will play into it at all. He prob plays this week and only gets like 7-8 carries to get out there and give it a go. Regardless, the short week is likely to have little affect on him. That team NEEDS him right now.

Anyone thinking about trading for Foster? What would the cost be?

As a Foster owner in multiple leagues, this is the worst possible time to try to acquire him. You aren't likely to want to pay the price I'd want which would be the same price you'd pay to get a top 5 RB going forward. Your best bet, hope he plays this week and doesn't have a great game, then try to offer a decent WR plus a mediocre starting RB. But most of us Foster owner who have paid the price of a roster spot for 3 weeks now aren't going to part with him for any less than what you'd pay for a top 5 RB because that's what we see him as moving forward.

As a Foster owner in multiple leagues, this is the worst possible time to try to acquire him. You aren't likely to want to pay the price I'd want which would be the same price you'd pay to get a top 5 RB going forward. Your best bet, hope he plays this week and doesn't have a great game, then try to offer a decent WR plus a mediocre starting RB. But most of us Foster owner who have paid the price of a roster spot for 3 weeks now aren't going to part with him for any less than what you'd pay for a top 5 RB because that's what we see him as moving forward.

The risk to pay that price is wayyyyyyy too high. No way in hell would you get a jamal charles adp etc for foster

The risk to pay that price is wayyyyyyy too high. No way in hell would you get a jamal charles adp etc for foster

And there's no waaayyyyyyyy as an Arian Foster owner I'd sell for anything less than a bonafide stud WR or RB or one with immense upside.

Fact of the matter is: If you do not own Foster, you are not getting him in a trade unless you overpay.

If you do own him, you're not giving him up unless someone overpays.

• Like 2

I've been holding onto Foster. I also have Alfred Blue. I got offered a trade Foster and John Brown for Andrew luck and Ronnie Hillman. Thoughts?

Peterson is my RB1.

I've been holding onto Foster. I also have Alfred Blue. I got offered a trade Foster and John Brown for Andrew luck and Ronnie Hillman. Thoughts?

Peterson is my RB1.

No

That was my point, right now he's all potential and that potential is Top 5 RB going forward. In the mind of a Foster owner, he's = Charles, ADP etc. I understand he hasn't done it on the field this year, but he's also not CJ Anderson or Eddie Lacy who aren't living up to their first round hype. Admittedly we Foster owners are over valuing him right now, but that's my point. Until he doesn't do it on the field or gets hurt again, we aren't going to trade him away for anything less than a top 10 WR + an RB with potential. That's why I'm saying now is the worst time to try and acquire him in a deal.

That was my point, right now he's all potential and that potential is Top 5 RB going forward. In the mind of a Foster owner, he's = Charles, ADP etc. I understand he hasn't done it on the field this year, but he's also not CJ Anderson or Eddie Lacy who aren't living up to their first round hype. Admittedly we Foster owners are over valuing him right now, but that's my point. Until he doesn't do it on the field or gets hurt again, we aren't going to trade him away for anything less than a top 10 WR + an RB with potential. That's why I'm saying now is the worst time to try and acquire him in a deal.

Solid advice in any market. We always overvalue what we have compared to what we don't have.

as a owner of foster for the past 2 years. once he comes back, get ready for him to leave after a couple games.

Except for last year, when he left, came back, and then just tore up the league. I've owned him the last two years as well. Two years ago was like you say...the. whole. damn. season.

But last year was one hiccup and then solid the rest of the way.

Solid advice in any market. We always overvalue what we have compared to what we don't have.

Except for last year, when he left, came back, and then just tore up the league. I've owned him the last two years as well. Two years ago was like you say...the. whole. damn. season.

But last year was one hiccup and then solid the rest of the way.

Last year he started, then left, then came back and tore up the league, then left again, then came back again as a RB2 back to finish the season.

Just be prepared that he could miss time again after he comes back.

Last year he started, then left, then came back and tore up the league, then left again, then came back again as a RB2 back to finish the season.

He had three TDs over his last five weeks. 126, 99, and 96 yards in three of those games.

Of course be prepared. I was just saying that your description didn't really fit him last year, that's all. Not like the year before.

And how is that different from any other RB in the league?

Interesting and well thought out. I think you may be onto something.

Isn't the grass always greener on the other side?

After some time, sure. But right away? Nope, 'my' stuff is always better than other stuff. This is how long term auctions like eBay make you spend more money than you wanted. You see the cool lamp, you bid on it, tell yourself you'll only spend $60 tops, but then you spend 5 days imagining how the lamp will look on your desk, it becomes 'your' lamp in your mind, and soon you're up to $100 when someone bids against you.

It's called the Endowment Effect.

After some time, sure. But right away? Nope, 'my' stuff is always better than other stuff. This is how long term auctions like eBay make you spend more money than you wanted. You see the cool lamp, you bid on it, tell yourself you'll only spend $60 tops, but then you spend 5 days imagining how the lamp will look on your desk, it becomes 'your' lamp in your mind, and soon you're up to $100 when someone bids against you.

It's called the Endowment Effect.

I get it. Wasn't arguing, just throwing out an anecdote. Similar to what you just stated, it depends on the person/personality. Some people are never satisfied and think everyone else has it better or has better stuff and others think whatever it is they have is the greatest and nothing can compare. Some are in-between. Different strokes for different folks.

I get it. Wasn't arguing, just throwing out an anecdote. Similar to what you just stated, it depends on the person/personality. Some people are never satisfied and think everyone else has it better or has better stuff and others think whatever it is they have is the greatest and nothing can compare. Some are in-between. Different strokes for different folks.

I know, I was just discussing :) But I do think the grass is greener phenomenon takes time to occur. You have to get used to having something before you start to wonder what having something else would be like.

Foster owners don't know what they (we) have yet, so we can't be devaluing it :)

I know, I was just discussing :) But I do think the grass is greener phenomenon takes time to occur. You have to get used to having something before you start to wonder what having something else would be like.

Foster owners don't know what they (we) have yet, so we can't be devaluing it :)

I'm with ya, I own him in a couple leagues. My biggest concern is how much he will be used his first week back. I would expect them to ease him in, but at the same time if he's out there tearing it up and the game is relatively close I don't think the coaches will yank him if he feels fine. They do need to win and being in the division they are in, they are far from being out of it.

I'm with ya, I own him in a couple leagues. My biggest concern is how much he will be used his first week back. I would expect them to ease him in, but at the same time if he's out there tearing it up and the game is relatively close I don't think the coaches will yank him if he feels fine. They do need to win and being in the division they are in, they are far from being out of it.

And he's a GTD this week now. Dammit.

I get to try and predict his status by Thursday night. I either play Forsett Thursday night (who has been total garbage) or Blue Sunday morning. Currently I've got Blue in my starting lineup.

@dpbuddha I'm in the same boat. I have to pick two between Ivory, Forsett or Foster

I'm waiting on Foster, but my opp is waiting on Lynch. And I have Rawls :) Silver lining.

I get to try and predict his status by Thursday night. I either play Forsett Thursday night (who has been total garbage) or Blue Sunday morning. Currently I've got Blue in my starting lineup.

I'd go Forsett. At least you know his standing in the Raven's offense. His won't change regardless of what Houston does. If you go with Blue and Foster is healthy and ends up playing, you may take a zero if you started Blue.

I have a stud 5-RB crew...if they actually play. :doh:

Hopefully I can get three of these guys to take the field this week: Lynch (inj), Ingram, Foster (inj), Ivory (inj), Lewis (bye)

Can't really call that a stud crew when more than half are injured .

Yeah, they are monsters...on paper. The good news: none of the injuries should be long term. The bad news: two of them have long injury histories, and a third is running behind an offensive line that has gone to crap.

He tore his groin muscle completely off of his groin bone.

can you confirm the groin bone?

He tore his groin muscle completely off of his groin bone.

ouch

I went with Forsett. Now to choose between Ivory and Foster.

I too went with Forsett...now it's Blue, Lynch, or Rawls. Hate the guessing game...

he is said to have limited specialty snaps? anyone gonna start him?

WTF is a "limited specialty snap"?