Sign in to follow this  
RBonse

Off Notes / Overall Notes

Is it possible to add our own notes to the two tabs listed as "Off-Notes" and "Overall Notes" without our notes getting removed after a projection update? I know this has been asked in the past, just couldn't find the answer.

Hi RBonse. Yes, for sure, there is a different place where you input the notes. Go to each of the position tabs, and scroll all the way to the right. There you will find a column for FF Today Notes, and User Notes. Put them in the User Notes section. Your notes will flow through to the "with notes" cheatsheets, and will not be removed when you update.

Good question, thanks.

Excellent, thanks. But if I put in user notes, then the FF Today Notes for the same player do not follow through to the "notes" cheatsheets (combining with my user notes). I only see my notes. Any way to get both to show up? Because my notes may not always be the most accurate, and I would still like to see your notes as well on the cheatsheets.

Hmm… you're right, it is one or the other. If there is a user note present, then that takes priority. How about this… you could put your note inside a simple formula in the same cells you put the user notes. Lets see, the cell for the first user note on the QB tab is FB5. In that cell put the following:

=FA5&" [insert note here]"

Now both, FFT plus yours, will flow through. You could simply reverse order by making the formula:

="[insert note here] "&FA5

Copy the formula all the way down for QB. Use similar formulas for the RB, WR, TE, etc. tabs, adjusting the cell reference as appropriate.

Sorry, not following you. So for cell FB5 (Peyton Manning), I insert your formula in that cell? But then it will erase your notes (not that you have any notes for Manning, but if you did). So if I copy this down then all the notes for FF Today get erased since this formulua is in there instead. I'm obivously missing something here :)

Nevermind! Figured it out. Your FB5 above had my head spinning since it should have been FA5, but no worries. So the formula for Manning to put in FA5 is:

="[insert note here] "&FB5

Thx!!

You're right, you're right. I wasn't checking my column headings, thinking the FFT notes were first and user notes second. Sorry about that.

UGH. Spent some time putting some of my notes into a custom field.... updated and they are gone.

Yes, I did this last year too (wrong way, then right way).

Will put them into user notes later....