Sign in to follow this  
mpd0814

Auction nominating team flow...

This is my first year using Draft Buddy....really like the look of it so far...my question is on the Auction Report Tab.

We have a 12 team league...we do an auction...I see how to set the order of the nominating process and that's not a problem...the potential issue I see is that although we keep the same order throughout the draft once set...once a team fills it's roster they no longer nominate players for auction. So after say half the draft is done...one or two teams could possibly have filled their rosters and no longer need to be in the nominating rotation...

So I guess my question would be after a team fills out all their roster spots...15 in our league...does the team grey out on the nominating page or do I just skip that team when the time comes and jump to the team doing the actual nominating

Hi mpd0814. Thanks for trying out Draft Buddy!

Unfortunately, it does not grey out or adjust the nominating order as you go. I understand exactly what you are saying, that some teams can fill their roster faster than others, but I've never been able to figure out a good solution for that issue.

Hopefully it doesn't really come up until somewhat later in the auction. What I do is either skip down to another row for the team that nominated the player. This would be particularly advantageous when players are nominated and most often going for the minimum bid, so the nominating team wins the player. Note, if you nominating team wins the player, then you don't need to change the winning bidder team. Just leave it blank and Draft Buddy will assume the nominating team won the player.

Second option, if you are filling in the winning bidder team anyway, is to not worry about who the nominating team is. Just keep using the rows one after the other on the auction report tab. Since you are changing the winning bidder team anyway, that is what is important after the fact, so the players flow through to the right teams.

I used to have a pretty long, detailed post about tips for auction leagues. Let me see if I can find it in the archives here.

Simple search on "auction" found this:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=385423&hl=auction

Plus a bunch of other posts. I'm not sure that is exactly what I was after. Maybe I wrote something that wasn't in the forums. Not sure. It is a good idea to do some practice with Draft Buddy tracking the auction. You can always reset it later, but then you will be more comfortable with the steps involved. Auctions are weird in that they can go slow or fast at different times.

This is the baseball version, but a YouTube video I recorded a couple years ago with auction tips:

First couple minutes talks about using the auction values on the cheatsheets as a guide. At about the 5 min mark there are some tips specific to DB and auctions.

Thanks Mike...very helpful...I'm pretty sure I can get through it...was just curious for your take on the whole thing.