Sign in to follow this  
Cloaca du jour

Amazon Prime Day

Wednesday...

Supposed to be better than black friday deals...

Oh..and its wednesday. (fixored)

Your welcome.

Edited by Cloaca du jour

I can't really see getting Prime ... I've already got Netflix and Hulu, I don't really care about free 2 day shipping or the whole book lending library thing...who has it and what do you like about it?

I can't really see getting Prime ... I've already got Netflix and Hulu, I don't really care about free 2 day shipping or the whole book lending library thing...who has it and what do you like about it?

I have it. I like the free 2 day shipping and the other option for movie streaming. Also, the book lending is nice since I read a lot.

I have it and like it.

The Amazon Prime video catalog is a nice feature but largely redundant if you have others. Personally I have Netflix too and only use Prime if they have something I'm interested in that Netflix doesn't have. It happens from time to time (e.g. The Americans TV series) but probably not worth it for this feature alone if you have other similar services already.

I don't use the book lending thing since I'm a Luddite in this particular area and prefer the old school physical books.

For me it's the free two day shipping that puts it over the top. We buy a fair amount of stuff on Amazon so it's very convenient.

My wife has it and loves it. If you use amazon alot and are a cable cord cutter with netflix/hulu etc it can be really great.

I have it. I like the free 2 day shipping and the other option for movie streaming. Also, the book lending is nice since I read a lot.

Ditto.

And if you order much from Amazon, the free shipping alone pus for the subscription.

Ditto.

And if you order much from Amazon, the free shipping alone pus for the subscription.

Yes. My wife loves it. She's addicted to amazon. We will have at least 3 packages from there a week.

I could actually see getting rid of Hulu and picking up Prime instead :thumbsup:

Doesn't Hulu suck ass now? I dropped them the second they started using commercials in their paid content :thumbsdown:

Any thoughts on the sale?

Yeah are there any details as to what kind of items are going to be on sale?

Doesn't Hulu suck ass now? I dropped them the second they started using commercials in their paid content :thumbsdown:

Yea I don't particularly watch it. But I have it for my dad. I let him use my Netflix, Hulu, amazon prime, and hbo go to watch stuff.

Damn worth it. I get a 50lb bag of kitty litter deliver to my front step for no additional shipping costs and I don't have to lug it from the store to home.

Also the two day shipping is almost always next day - at least here it is. Very rare to wait 2 days.

how much is a prime membership? i buy a lot off amazon but i get free shipping 70% of the time by either having an order over $35 dollars or items just being free shipping in general. sure its not 2 day shipping but i can generally wait and often time i get the item in 2-3 days anyway.

how much is a prime membership? i buy a lot off amazon but i get free shipping 70% of the time by either having an order over $35 dollars or items just being free shipping in general. sure its not 2 day shipping but i can generally wait and often time i get the item in 2-3 days anyway.

It's about $100 per year. Totally worth it if you order a lot

It's about $100 per year. Totally worth it if you order a lot

Thought it was $60 for the year? Hell I dunno it just comes out of my account once a year so I don't know

do amazon smile you can pick a charity I like to donate some of the sale to

Thought it was $60 for the year? Hell I dunno it just comes out of my account once a year so I don't know

They upped it back in March. I use it for the 2 day shipping and they do carry a lot of HBO tv series that Netflix does not.

Was $79 but I think it went up to $99

Was $79 but I think it went up to $99

Oh well. It's still not bad considering all that you get with it

Don't think I'm seeing the benefits

Don't think I'm seeing the benefits

You get...

Streaming video, movies and TV.

Streaming music

A vast library of books you can download for free

Free shipping

Faster shipping

I just joined, because Amazon is going to be my lifeline in China. Since I won't be able to buy clothes and shoes in my size, I'll need Amazon big time.

You get...

Streaming music

Free shipping

Faster shipping

I just joined, because Amazon is going to be my lifeline in China. Since I won't be able to buy clothes and shoes in my size, I'll need Amazon big time.

between netflix, hbogo, maxgo, showtime anytime and the old "watch baseball/football/basketball" online search into google. as well as the fact that i've already seen quality versions of Ted2, Jurassic World, etc by just doing google searches, i dont think im really looking for a video, movie, tv streaming service.

i mostly listen to sports talk radio and my ipod which is also full of illegally downloaded music :lol:

i dont read very much unless its sports websites, yahoo news articles, stock market stuff and this shiit hole.

I find most items on amazon to be free shipping when orders are 35 or more... Or like i said, free shipping in general. turnaround time is states as 5-6 days but I often get my products in 2-3 anyway.

can't see myself signing up, not that it wouldn't be a worthy deal for someone else.

You get...

Streaming music

Free shipping

Faster shipping

Should have waited til you got there. Prime is free in China.

... my welcome what?

:lol:

Always makes me laugh. Incredible how dense some people are when it comes to simple grammar

:lol:

Always makes me laugh. Incredible how dense some people are when it comes to simple grammar

You might want to use complete sentences when trying to make this point.

Great deals on tvs if your in the market. 32 for 75, 40 for 115.

I can't find that HD 1080 for 115...would be nice to put in the basement in front of the trendmill.

Great deals on tvs if your in the market. 32 for 75, 40 for 115.

Where?

Sounds like walmart stepped up their sales to compete with whatever this silly thing was

No idea. Based on social media buzz this thing is a huge fail.

total and utter.

i can't find a thing