Sign in to follow this  
ROCKFORD

what's the last bottle of liquor you bought?

:thumbsup:

Looks like skinny cosby

Jura Seven Wood

Nikka Coffey Grain

not sure which one was "last" thru the register but it's those two.

I've got a buddy who loves this stuff... Doesn't do much for me, but he's a big fan.

Been my favorite at that price point.

Usually have a 5th around for enjoying it straight up...

And have something like Jack for mixing.

the cheapest stuff is all I need to get me back on my feet again :headbanger:

I know what might be my next, I normally drink beer but.. And, this is gonna get ghey..

Sunday went to a cookout, hot as balls out, some chick mixed me up a whipped cream vodka (Smirnoff?) and pineapple juice cocktail.. It was focking amazing.

:)

Johnny Walker Black is my drink of choice when not drinking beer.

Knob Creek small batch

1.75 liter Reykar Vodka

Tomorrow will be the same answer. And the next day. And the next day.

I need to try that. My Sminofff Red is getting old. :cheers:

Vodka is all the same. HTH.

Fock no it aint. If youve drank vodka youd know this. Clear difference in something like Grey Goose and Burnetts or what I used to get on base at the Class Six. Called Military Select. Cheap as sh1t and they had all the standard liquors in it. Focking instant headache and hangover

Fock no it aint. If youve drank vodka youd know this. Clear difference in something like Grey Goose and Burnetts or what I used to get on base at the Class Six. Called Military Select. Cheap as sh1t and they had all the standard liquors in it. Focking instant headache and hangover

Seeing as your baseline is retard, how do others know when you're drunk?

Vodka is all the same. HTH.

not really. line up 5-10 side by side and you will notice the differences. just like with most liquors, people develop preferences over time.

Id say vodka has less variance than other liquors. Yeah, theres a difference between high end stuff and cheap sh!t, but it isnt like whiskey where its like a big connesseur thing,

I have no idea how to spell that btw.

I havent bought my last bottle of liquor yet

This is the answer

not really. line up 5-10 side by side and you will notice the differences. just like with most liquors, people develop preferences over time.

Yep. HT is just clueless but acts like he knows what hes talking about. Some stuff he does. This right here? No hes not. You can easily tell a difference in in vodka.

Yep. HT is just clueless but acts like he knows what hes talking about. Some stuff he does. This right here? No hes not. You can easily tell a difference in in vodka.

Like people who say there is no difference between tap water, spring water and filtered water :wacko:

Rot gut, plastic bottle vodka, is focking disgusting. High end vodka is so much smoother

Id say vodka has less variance than other liquors. Yeah, theres a difference between high end stuff and cheap sh!t, but it isnt like whiskey where its like a big connesseur thing,

I have no idea how to spell that btw.

The difference isnt as drastic as whiskey but there is a notable difference. Take something like McCormick or Burnetts and compare it to something like Grey Goose or Reyka and youll notice a big difference. Especially when it goes down

Like people who say there is no difference between tap water, spring water and filtered water :wacko:

Rot gut, plastic bottle vodka, is focking disgusting. High end vodka is so much smoother

Yep exactly. Hate when people say all water tastes the same. Hell no it doesnt. I worry about peoples taste buds sometimes

Yep exactly. Hate when people say all water tastes the same. Hell no it doesnt. I worry about peoples taste buds sometimes

All I drink is water (sans booze) I don't drink anything else, ever with food. My kid too and his mother. We live on it. Like that Sapphire sh1t they sell in Florida (seems to be the only brand they sell when I'm in orlando) I think it's gross. I prefer poland spring

Bombay Sapphire Gin

Finest bug spray in a bottle, you can find.

• Like 1

I hear what you guys are saying, but it's still fun to take something someone else likes that you don't....and then totally minimize their opinion and tastes by claiming that every brand of it tastes exactly the same....and I refuse to give that trick up.

Oh, and all tequila tastes exactly the same for what it's worth. All mexican food tastes the same as well, for that matter.

All vodka that costs more than 99 cents is the same. Happy?

Bombay Sapphire Gin

You tried aviator gin? I havent yet but apparently its pretty good. Ryan Reynolds liked it so much he bought the company

All vodka that costs more than 99 cents is the same. Happy?

This is the geek club. When do we ever buy anything that cheap? We drink vodka made from mermaid tears

This is the geek club. When do we ever buy anything that cheap? We drink vodka made from mermaid tears

you need to try it side by side with unicorn and leprechaun tears.

You tried aviator gin? I havent yet but apparently its pretty good. Ryan Reynolds liked it so much he bought the company

Nope... I'll have to give it a shot.

I like Hendriks in the summertime.

Nope... I'll have to give it a shot.

I like Hendriks in the summertime.

Agreed on the Hendricks. :cheers:

I gotta stop reading these food/drink threads. Now I'm hungry for smoked salmon benedict AND a nice Hendrick's G&T.

I hear what you guys are saying, but it's still fun to take something someone else likes that you don't....and then totally minimize their opinion and tastes by claiming that every brand of it tastes exactly the same....and I refuse to give that trick up.

Oh, and all tequila tastes exactly the same for what it's worth. All mexican food tastes the same as well, for that matter.

I am guessing all tequila does taste the same, thats why I order the cheapest margarita on the rocks, no salt.

I am guessing all tequila does taste the same, thats why I order the cheapest margarita on the rocks, no salt.

I can taste the difference in better tequilas and also have noticed a lower hangover effect from the better stuff.

Put me in the camp of all vodkas pretty much taste the same. Then again I don't sip it straight and always mix it. I particularly like when you order a bloody mary and they ask about vodka; yeah, because I'm going to taste that difference among all of that spice. :lol:

My wife is a margarita fanatic and only prefers certain blanco tequilas. Her fave right now is Fortaleza. I don’t like margaritas nor tequila except in long islands.

While I don't think all vodkas are created equal I won't drink super cheap because it is an instant headache and hangover.That said I won't pay up for Goose or Kietel etc. and am just fine with Tito's or Skky

Trust me. All vodkas are not created equally. I have some experience.

Trust me. All vodkas are not created equally. I have some experience.

Read the story of Grey Goose, the supposed greatest vodka in the world. It's all the same for the most part.

Read the story of Grey Goose, the supposed greatest vodka in the world. It's all the same for the most part.

You want us to read the entire story?

You want us to read the entire story?

The founder had a business plan before he ever set up a distillery. It was all about the bottle and it being from France, not Eastern Europe or Russia. The founder is from Connecticut, USA. How does a Vodka, from France, get judged as the best tasting Vodka in the world, a few years after it is created, beating out Vodka makers who have been at it forever? Marketing, thats how. Because it all tastes the fockin same. Stop paying top dollar for an oderless, tasteless alcohol whose only purpose is to get you wasted. Save your money.

The founder had a business plan before he ever set up a distillery. It was all about the bottle and it being from France, not Eastern Europe or Russia. The founder is from Connecticut, USA. How does a Vodka, from France, get judged as the best tasting Vodka in the world, a few years after it is created, beating out Vodka makers who have been at it forever? Marketing, thats how. Because it all tastes the fockin same. Stop paying top dollar for an oderless, tasteless alcohol whose only purpose is to get you wasted. Save your money.

Well it’s def a mixing drink rather than a sip and savor. You just look for smoothness, aftertaste etc.