Sign in to follow this  
Intern for Dem senator suspended for shouting 'f--- you' at Trump...

If this was an intern for a Republican doing it to Obama, the left (and MSM) would have wanted them hanged, drawn and quartered and then fired...

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/394091-intern-for-dem-senator-suspended-for-shouting-f-you-at-trump

An intern for Democratic Sen. Maggie Hassan (N.H.) was suspended for a week for shouting an expletive at President Trump while he visited the Capitol last week.

The intern will have restricted access to the Capitol moving forward, Aaron Jacobs, Hassan's communications director, told The Hill in a statement.

We are aware of the situation and have taken disciplinary action, including a one-week suspension and revoking her Congressional intern ID badge (thereby restricting her access to the Capitol), in response to her breach of office policies regarding respectful and appropriate conduct. We also facilitated contact with Capitol Police," Jacobs said.

Hassan's office did not immediately respond to a request to identify the intern, but multiple media reports indicate her name is Caitlin Marriott.

NBC reporter Frank Thorp captured video of Trump walking through the halls of the Capitol last week, when Marriott could be heard shouting in the background.

Mr. President, f--- you, she shouted.

The president was en route to a meeting with GOP lawmakers to discuss immigration at the time.

The intern's suspension comes amid a fresh debate over civility in politics following backlash to the Trump administration's practice of separating migrant families at the border.

In separate instances last week, protesters confronted White House aide Stephen Miller and Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen while they dined at Mexican restaurants in Washington, D.C.

A Virginia restaurant owner over the weekend threw fuel on the fire when it refused to serve White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders, citing her support for Trump's policies.

Rep. Maxine Water (D-Calif.) then drew criticism when she encouraged her supporters to confront Trump administration officials in public places. She has defended the comments, noting that she did not call for violence and that the president himself has threatened individuals during rallies and mocked his opponents.

Appropriate

Gutter discourse: Trumps America.

Says the guy who calls other posters wives pigs if he disagrees with them.

• Like 1

Women named Cailtyn have had a rough four years or so.

This next election in a couple years is going to get wild.

Someway, somehow, America manages to embarrass itself more with each successive election cycle. Impressive, really.

Par for the course on the left.... surprised he even got suspended...it's just who they are

This next election in a couple years is going to get wild.

I'm all on-board for President Camacho. :pointstosky:

Par for the course on the left.... surprised he even got suspended...it's just who they are

How dare you assign a gender to this person without knowing how they identify.

suspension is appropriate. No need to fire her unless she has a history.

Gonna have to disagree. Yelling obscenities at the president when you work for a congressman? Fired.

Hell, if I yelled obscenities at some random official, Id be fired.

Gonna have to disagree. Yelling obscenities at the president when you work for a congressman? Fired.

Hell, if I yelled obscenities at some random official, Id be fired.

Well, she's young and stupid so you could make a case for either. I'm willing to give the young a second chance to learn a lesson. However, she appears to be kind of cute, so that works in her favor.

Well, she's young and stupid so you could make a case for either. I'm willing to give the young a second chance to learn a lesson. However, she appears to be kind of cute, so that works in her favor.

If shes on my staff, she has an hour to clean her desk.

That reflects badly on me. And my district is likely full of cuties who can replace her.

The right acting all uppity about this is hilarious.

for a guy who's Downs.. the middle, you sure do defend the left a lot.

It's almost like everytime.

If shes on my staff, she has an hour to clean her desk.

That reflects badly on me. And my district is likely full of cuties who can replace her.

This

Of course, the reason she wasnt fired, and likely the reason shes an intern in the senators office in the first place, is because daddy is someone the good senator needs to keep happy.

Of course, the reason she wasnt fired, and likely the reason shes an intern in the senators office in the first place, is because daddy is someone the good senator needs to keep happy.

Somebody gets it, the position is bought and paid for. The Senator is hoping for divine intervention, by way of the FBI or Capital police, that remove enough privileges to make her unkeepable.

for a guy who's Downs.. the middle, you sure do defend the left a lot.

It's almost like everytime.

I didnt defend this person.

HTH

I didnt defend this person.

HTH

Your lack of condemnation is defense. HTH.

Your lack of condemnation is defense. HTH.

Not so much a lack of condemnation as an incredulity as to how anyone could find fault. :dunno:

Not so much a lack of condemnation as an incredulity as to how anyone could find fault. :dunno:

Fault is one thing...the laughable outrage is another from people that support Trump.

Fault is one thing...the laughable outrage is another from people that support Trump.

Outrage? Haven't seen any. On the right at least. Maybe your definition is different than mine. :dunno:

The lady who gave him the finger shouldn't have had a problem, but this gal should be fired.

I'm all on-board for President Camacho. :pointstosky:

you know its funny, I was talking yesterday and thinking truly, who on the left even stands a chance to go up against Trump in 2020, they have nobody and their only campaign is not Trump or I am a woman vote for me. I truly believe and without even knowing his politics or anything would vote for him, cause why not, at least hes like the best guy in the world, actually really nice in real life, and would be like WAR? I am jumping on the front line.

The Rock.

and thats what its going to take to beat Trump

you know its funny, I was talking yesterday and thinking truly, who on the left even stands a chance to go up against Trump in 2020, they have nobody and their only campaign is not Trump or I am a woman vote for me. I truly believe and without even knowing his politics or anything would vote for him, cause why not, at least hes like the best guy in the world, actually really nice in real life, and would be like WAR? I am jumping on the front line.

The Rock.

Dwayne was my first thought before I read your whole post.

• Like 1

This might be an opportunity for POTUS to use what he's learned an open up a Charm School....maybe even teach a class on civility. :D

The Rock.

They'll find somebody and that person will get momentum.

In 1988 the Dem field was called the Seven Dwarfs (Patricia Schroder almost ran in 1988 to serve as a 'Snow White' for the dwarfs). Well Michael Dukakis eventually came out of there won the nomination and made a viable run, won a few state, was within shouting distance in a few more. Had each-and-every tossup fallen his way, he would have won. Not bad in such a tough environment.

The 1992 field was loooking just as bad for the Dems as 1988 .... more dwarfs. Well Bill Clinton emerged out of that pack and you know the rest of the story...

When they settle on somebody, the party will rally around them and they'll make some noise and provide a viable candidate, Both Mike Dukakis and Bill Clinton started as nobodies and gave it a good run. that's what'll happen again in 2020.