Sign in to follow this  
Go long

Jerrick McKinnon?

I am in a 12 team standard keeper league and McKinnon is sitting on our Waiver Wire. If I add him to my roster, do you feel he would be a 7th round keeper? Just checking to see if any SF fans still see him as the future RB in San Fran. He seems to be rehabbing pretty well as it was a "clean" tear.

I'm sure he'll be drafted higher than the 7th round next year, barring setbacks. So depending on your other keeper options, he should put you ahead.

But I'm just not super high on him. Watching him in Minnesota, I just never saw him as anything more than a 1B back. He has talent, but he lost out in a lot of playing time in passing downs, where he should thrive, due to lack of pass protecting skills.

Breida's also talented, if injury prone, so he'll take a bite out of McKinnon's ceiling.

Vikings got this on lock down ! What else you got to keep ? How many players can you keep ? Those questions can help you decide if McKinnon is keeper worthy.

Good luck !

I can keep 3 players and none can be previous years 1st round picks. We can keep players for three years and you lose the round ahead of where you drafted.

In 2019 I am keeping Mahomes with my 8th round pick and Kamara with my 11th round pick. I drafted Kamara his rookie year in the 13th round. Luck I guess.

My other keeper options are very shaky. I could keep Amari with my 3rd round pick but that is about it for value and ADP outperformance

That is why I asked if McKinnon would be worth a 7th rounder.

I would pass. He's been on the fence between being a worthy fantasy starter and a waiver wire guy. After a while it means he's the latter.

Add to that, he's coming off an ACL tear, I wouldn't take him.

I doubt he gets picked up though so you can pick him up later if you want