Sign in to follow this  
Voltaire

New Owner -introducing iam90sbaby

Wake up.

See if anybody's paying attention...

Riddle of Steel is now active and under new management. I've given the team to this guy here:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=432034&do=findComment&comment=5215776

As you recall, I beat the drum in the Geek Club and Closet for replacements last year when mmm...beer disappeared to no avail. I figure anybody looking to join a dynasty league in March is a guy worth getting. He's a younger guy.

I invited him to the Geek Club.

• Like 1

:thumbsup:

yer a better guy than baby killer
:D <_<

:thumbsup:

yer a better guy than baby killer

I don't get it? I just noticed this post. Yeah I'm new names Jimmy I live in central Florida and I am looking forward to competing against some real competition. ESPN just wasn't cutting it anymore. What team are you 29 Guests?

• Like 1

I don't get it either. :dunno:

29G is Deep Throat.

I don't get it either. :dunno:

29G is Deep Throat.

Isnt the baby killer edjr? 29Guests was a member of the Homer Baseball League (as was I) when edjr bailed on the league mid draft because he didnt like where he was drafting. So i think 29guests was just being a smartass, saying this new guy is better than edjr.

Of course 29guests also drafted Mark Sanchez in the first round last year, so he might just be certifiably insane.

Who knows. :dunno:

<_<

I'm just fockin with y'all

btw...never know when a taking a chance might just be a good thing. :D

check the NCAA hat challenge
:pointstosky:

In all seriousness, welcome iam90sbaby. I feel old! B)

good to have you on board. i think this league is weeding out dead weight and bringing in quality owners over the past 2 years.

i only wish this was at least a small entry fee league with a prize pool.

While I'm at it, I dropped an email to VoR (former owner of Goon) and he replied yesterday and again this morning, I just read the newest reply as I went to my email to retrieve it.

Cut and paste from my email, start from the bottom and read up.

To: Jeff
I've been able to coach some. It's a daily battle. Some days good, some days bad. I've started down a path that will hopefully put me in a place where everyday is good. But I don't know how long it will take to get there. Maybe 6 months, a year, or more.
Yes, I'm more philosophical as I've gotten older. Turned 40 last month and weigh the same weight I did when I was a sophomore in high school. I hadn't been under 200 lbs since then and was as high as 265 early last year. I was 185 when I left the hospital in February. I've only gained 5 back to 190. But at least, I'm not losing anymore. I've found that food here in America is really bad for us. Wheat has been genetically altered to allow for more crop per acre. In the process, gluten is altered and causing lots of gluten allergies. Looking at labels, you see soy in 85% of every processed product. Refined Sugar in 90%. I've cut dairy, sugar, gluten, and soy from my life which means essentially, I eat only organic none processed food. But I see that as a very good thing. I was talking to someone who travels to France often. He said that he eats a chocolate croissant in France and has no ill effects. But if he eats one here in America, he breaks out and often feels ill. So what's the difference? Processed or genetically engineered products. My thought is, if I eat this way, my health can only get better and my cancer risk will go down. I just have to get to a place where this disease is held in check. Bit by bit.
Maybe by next football season, I'll be in a place where I can pick back up life as normal. For now, I just go day by day. But I'd like to get back to a place that I once was.
Mark
On Tuesday, April 1, 2014 5:49 PM, Jeff <XXXX@hotmail.com> wrote:

Mark,
On the bright side, you get more philosophical when things like this happen. Can't take things for granted. Life has renewed meaning when you're on the caveman diet choosing between your five meals to eat all the time and have gotten to know all the staff at the local hospital.
Often, it takes a crisis to throw complacency out the window. Less so for me to finally start exercising regularly again. I've had great health for 42 years. Nothing anywhere near what you have. I realized how badly out of shape I was when I was at a restaurant about an eight minute walk from the house and realized I didn't have my wallet. Well until then, I hadn't jogged in years except for a slight burst to get across the street when the light was changing. This wasn't far, I use to not think twice about this, I didn't even expect to be winded. I couldn't make it home, only about halfway and was totally gassed. Then watching Beverly Hills Ninja last year, that grossly overweight Chris Farley, I hadn't seen him in years since dead guys don't make many new movies, but I realized in horror that he wasn't that much bigger than I was.
That was the wake up call to get me to run. Much better than your wake up call. I feel a lot better now, many belt sizes lower. I'd love to drop 40 lbs and could be talked out of the next ten, but I'd really like to keep those other 30.
Are you able to function at work and do the hockey dad commutes you were doing before? Or has fighting for your health become so all consuming that it requires your full time attention?
Jeff

Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 07:17:53 -0700
Subject: Re: Cult Classic Movie Dynasty League Message Notification
To: harpedc@hotmail.com

Thanks for asking. I actually got really bad at the first of the year. Spent 15 days in the hospital. Lost a lot of weight. (80 in last year, 40 of it while in hospital). But I'm seeing someone outside of conventional medicine now. I've learned that American conventional medicine is only interested in treating symptoms and not looking for the problem or cure. I've done a lot of reading and a large part of my problem is diet. Not high calorie stuff, but the food America makes. High in soy, genetically engineered gluten, and other chemicals that the body is not good to deal with. I'm on a dairy free, soy free, gluten free, and sugar free diet. I monitor all my food intake and any bad reactions I get tested for that food as a possible source for insensitivity in my body. I'm really down to about 4-5 meals that I can eat and it's making a big difference. Essentially, I'm doing a cave man diet. Nothing man made, nothing that isn't organic. The meats are antibiotic free and free range. It's more expensive, but I can see it's helping a great deal. I have a long road ahead of me, but it's worth it to see my kids grow up.
Thanks for asking again!
Mark
On Sunday, March 30, 2014 8:15 PM, Jeff <XXXX@hotmail.com> wrote:
Hi VoR,
It's been a while since I heard from you. The last I heard wasn't so good, I just wanted to check in to see how you were doing. I'm hoping the news will be better this time.
Jeff- Volty

good to have you on board. i think this league is weeding out dead weight and bringing in quality owners over the past 2 years.

i only wish this was at least a small entry fee league with a prize pool.

He's going to be great. I love the enthusiasm.

We're in good shape.

If we have an opening I'll contact VoR first. Great owner- I never wanted him to leave but we weren't getting his best. He couldn't follow football last year and it was all he could do to submit lineups (which he did faithfully). Maybe drop a line to tiki who had interest before not following up. Maybe after that, we're better off recruiting off of the main forum than the Geek Club. After last year's struggle to fill vacancies, it seems we've about tapped out the Geek Club anyways.

In all seriousness, welcome iam90sbaby. I feel old! B)

If it makes you feel better I was born in 1990 not 1999 or anything, haha.

Thanks!

• Like 1

I was born in 1971, graduated HS before you were born and fought in the Gulf War when you were in diapers. I'm pretty certain you think of Gulf War vets the same way we thought of Vietnam vets. 1971 is the chronological center of GenX and I fit all the stereotypes.

I grew up in a country that was always at peace, you did on one always at war.

My dad was in the Gulf war (he was born in 70) so I know a bit about it from his stories. But you are right, since I can remember, where I was born and from has been in war. Pops tells me all the time how screwed up the country is now days.

So, what is the initiation for new guys to the elite league?

So, what is the initiation for new guys to the elite league?

They all have to send you college BB hats.

:pointstosky:

well, i do need a uk hat