Sign in to follow this  
Frozenbeernuts

Artificial sweetener may be making you fat

I don't think IT makes you fat, it just passes through your system mucking up your innerds and metabolism. But I've read something to the effect that your body anticipates the sugar and produces insulin or whatever that ends up making you crave sugars more, and somehow that ends up making you fatter over time

Artificial 'food'

Yeah who didn't see it coming that it'd be bad for you somehow. Disease/fattening

Give me real sugar, real butter, etc. I just less of it.

Artificial 'food'

Yeah who didn't see it coming that it'd be bad for you somehow. Disease/fattening

Give me real sugar, real butter, etc. I just less of it.

I do diet pop or sugar free monster when I need caffeine after my coffee. I don't like all that sugsr.

I am convinced all our fake food is killing us.

One thing that shocked me when I came to china is the food. Most of the produce here seems to be straight off the farm. It's actual fresh stuff mostly.

Fruit tastes so much better. I don't really know why. But it does.

I'm convinced I lost so much weight so fast because I wasn't eating a bunch of high fructose steroid injected crap all the time.

But I freely admit I know nothing at all, so there is that.

I am convinced all our fake food is killing us.

One thing that shocked me when I came to china is the food. Most of the produce here seems to be straight off the farm. It's actual fresh stuff mostly.

Fruit tastes so much better. I don't really know why. But it does.

I'm convinced I lost so much weight so fast because I wasn't eating a bunch of high fructose steroid injected crap all the time.

But I freely admit I know nothing at all, so there is that.

Read a story about chinks and death. They don't need imbalming fluid like Americans do. Americans have so many preservatives in their system, we don't need it. Bad diet.

If you buried a Vietnamese man in a shallow grave next to sn American man of the same age and build, the American corpse would rot much slower than Charlie.

Read a story about chinks and death. They don't need imbalming fluid like Americans do. Americans have so many preservatives in their system, we don't need it. Bad diet.

If you buried a Vietnamese man in a shallow grave next to sn American man of the same age and build, the American corpse would rot much slower than Charlie.

Never heard that.

As the American fast food chains become more and more popular here, guess what is following? Obesity epidemic.

It's just one of many ways we have chosen profits over people in America.

Never heard that.

As the American fast food chains become more and more popular here, guess what is following? Obesity epidemic.

It's just one of many ways we have chosen profits over people in America.

Just curious. You now live in a country with billions. How do they rid the deceased?

Just curious. You now live in a country with billions. How do they rid the deceased?

Family tombs out in the countryside mostly I think.

There is a holiday in the spring called tomb sweeping day where people are supposed to go home to the village and tend to the tomb. Offerings to the dead of food too I think. I think this custom is somewhat dying off though. Part of the modernization I guess.

This was one of the obstacles to things like railroads and power lines. The qing dynasty couldnt do it, because people wouldn't let the family tomb be destroyed or moved. Of course, mao said Fock that and did it anyway.

I've always wondered where the mass graves are. I mean, within the space of about 110 years you had the Taiping rebellion (highest body count in any war save WWII) several minor rebellions, WWII, Chinese civil war, and maos famines and whatnot. That's a lot of bodies. Where did they go? We all suspect there was a lot of cannibalism through the famine years.

There are other odd things. Like for instance, I've never seen a fire truck in china in two years. Not once. You almost never see an ambulance. Never see a police car with sirens going. Wtf to they do in an emergency?

These are things you just don't ask about of course. If you get to really know some old people, they all have some really focked up stories of the mao years.