Sign in to follow this  
Junkie

RGIII?

With suspensions being lifted on Saints players, RG3's numbers may be effected. I'd lower expectations a tad.

I'm guessing the Superdome will be rocking.

With suspensions being lifted on Saints players, RG3's numbers may be effected. I'd lower expectations a tad.

I don't know if those guys will play. Indeed, if they do play may raise RGIII's expectations a tad. Hard to say. Probably doesn't mean anything for game one for the Saints. Game 2 these guys will have had at least a full week and install.

Wouldn't be surprised if the Saints held them out for fear of injury.

I don't know if those guys will play. Indeed, if they do play may raise RGIII's expectations a tad. Hard to say. Probably doesn't mean anything for game one for the Saints. Game 2 these guys will have had at least a full week and install.

Wouldn't be surprised if the Saints held them out for fear of injury.

I'm pretty sure Will Smith has been practicing through training camp and playing in preseason games. Suspension doesn't stop a guy from practicing I believe.

I'm pretty sure Will Smith has been practicing through training camp and playing in preseason games. Suspension doesn't stop a guy from practicing I believe.

Ahh. Yeah, then he will play. Good point.

I'm a Skins fan with Drew Brees and Sproles starting this week on my roster. Gonna be an emotional roller coaster for me. :unsure:

Let's straighten a few things out.

Cam Newton had a great offensive line, talented backs in Stewart and DWill and Steve Smith. He was in alot better position to succeed than RG3 is. RG3 has an aging Moss, underachieving Hankerson, decent #2 in Garcon and an oft injured Fred. Worst of all though is his offensive line....it's bad. Shanny has never been a good fantasy QB coach...ever. Throw in he'll have Larry, Mo and Curley running the ball....it's not looking like a fun year for RG3.

I really like RG3, but there's just not enough talent around him. I see him having a spy on him all game and throwing alot of balls away.

Of course, this is a rookie, he could absolutely prove me wrong. I never thought Newton would be that good last year, but I also never thought Freeman would be that bad? We'll see, but if you have a solid option, I would start them over RG3.

It's just so hard to predict what you're going to get from a rookie QB when the lights go on for real. For every Cam Newton, there are 10 Alex Smiths, David Carrs, Akili Smiths, Tim Couch's and everything in between. I'm in wait-and-see mode.

It's just so hard to predict what you're going to get from a rookie QB when the lights go on for real. For every Cam Newton, there are 10 Alex Smiths, David Carrs, Akili Smiths, Tim Couch's and everything in between. I'm in wait-and-see mode.

Ugh.. you guys are bumming me out and scaring me back into starting Cutler. And it was gonna be such a fun Sunday with my new RG3!! :shocking:

Ugh.. you guys are bumming me out and scaring me back into starting Cutler. And it was gonna be such a fun Sunday with my new RG3!! :shocking:

You messed up! Great start so far. :headbanger:

Go Skins!

completely mixed feelings here. I love to see a guy from texas doing well, and it couldn't happen to a better guy.

OTOH, a redskins QB is playing great, so i'm contractually obligated to despise the man.

:shocking:

completely mixed feelings here. I love to see a guy from texas doing well, and it couldn't happen to a better guy.

OTOH, a redskins QB is playing great, so i'm contractually obligated to despise the man.

:shocking:

He's from New Orleans, dude. <_<

I have a sig bet that runs through the end of the year. I'll make you a sig bet for the entire offseason that Locker outproduces RG3 this year.

Where are you at?????? :headbanger:

I'd rather have Locker than RG3. Running QB as well, better weapons, a year in the system under his belt.

So you like Locker better because he's on one of your 3 favorite teams?

:thumbsup:

Cutler might be your backup QB soon . :wave:

He is 'til Sir Robert craps the bed. I popped RG3 back in about ten minutes before game time. Thank bloody Jeebus. :headbanger:

I recently predicted RG3 will be a bust in the NFL.

I'm sticking to it. :unsure:

The dumb things people do in order to be thought a genius.

Yes RG3 looked good, but let's not get crazy about it. The Saints D was absolutely pathetic.

Why shouldn't we go crazy about it? RGIII isn't some sleeper like Ogletree. He's a heisman trophy winner, the 2nd pick in the draft and has been hyped to the moon. After his first start on the road, he looks as advertised...or better. Will he play this well every week? Probably not but he's going to have some monster games this season and has a great chance to be a real star in this league.

Yes RG3 looked good, but let's not get crazy about it. The Saints D was absolutely pathetic.

I didn't see the game but disagree with you. If you think about how the deck was stacked against the kid. He's a rookie going up against Brees and a championship team in the deafening Superdome. And I doubt too many teams were more motivated to win than NO was yesterday after the offseason they've had.

That was a huge performance by Griffin yesterday and he deserves all the kudos he gets.

I watched the game and he impressed me. Had poise and when pressured didn't just run. Looked to find somebody. The sign of a real field general. With that being said the ride will be bumpy so don't expect him to just act like Aaron Rodgers and compete for MVP. As game tapes roll down and defenses study him he will struggle. Though I do like his future. He is looking more like a QB and not another Vick early years.

Edit: spelling mistakes

I didn't see the game but disagree with you. If you think about how the deck was stacked against the kid. He's a rookie going up against Brees and a championship team in the deafening Superdome. And I doubt too many teams were more motivated to win than NO was yesterday after the offseason they've had.

That was a huge performance by Griffin yesterday and he deserves all the kudos he gets.

Well, I did watch that game and Ryan Leaf would have looked good against the Saints yesterday. There was almost no pass rush, and the secondary coverage was horrible. He had tons of time to throw to wide open receivers all day. I am not saying he isn't or won't be good. I am saying that yesterday is not a good indication of what he is right now.

Well, I did watch that game and Ryan Leaf would have looked good against the Saints yesterday. There was almost no pass rush, and the secondary coverage was horrible. He had tons of time to throw to wide open receivers all day. I am not saying he isn't or won't be good. I am saying that yesterday is not a good indication of what he is right now.

And I'm saying, you obviously don't know what you're talking about. The saints D looked horrible because Griffin and Skins game plan kept them off balance ALL DAY. It's hard to get pressure on a QB that is constantly rolling out and moves and throws like Griffin. Oh and guys were open because Griffin extended plays...play action worked...oh and he was deadly accurate. The fact that you bring up Ryan Leaf makes me think you're not real smart.

Okay....fine. I guess the Saints are just plain horrible then.

There was definitely a pass rush on the throw he made to Garcon which went for the long TD.

Who is the #1 fantasy QB right now?

R-G-T-H-R-E-E ! ! ! :banana:

Tell me about it. When I started this thread I was seeing if anyone had the balls to start him week one. Meanwhile, I started Romo. After week 1 I came out ok. Romo scored within a point or so of RGIII.

Week 2 I went with Romo again and I lost because of it. I also went against my gut and benched TRich, which also would have gotten me the win this week, but that's a different thread.