Sign in to follow this  
BigBBlue

Return Yards

Just found out today that return yards were added to the league this year (7 for, 4 no, 1 abs).

1 point per 25 yards.

I didn't see it listed on FFtoday projections, so I have to ask.

A) Where is it?

B) If not here, where do you guys go for those projections.

I'll work to add it in after I find something to add in.

For now, I might try importing some other projections (ESPN/YAHOO) , even at 0%, I'll get to see the likely players going before me (some guys just use the league sites projections straight down).

Thanks,

BB

We don't have return yard projections and I don't think too many sites, if any, do. What I've done in the past is import last year's stats in, which can be highly speculative since the guys doing the returns can change quite a bit. Although, if you don't have a set returner position then we are really only talking about players who are already fantasy-relevant, and then upgraded due to their return yards. Stats from last year... hmm... I'm not even sure if these are in my database. Let me investigate and I'll be back.

Damn, I don't. Not by player. Do you want to search for some projections and then we can figure out how to get them in Projection Pal from there?

I'll see what I can find. Thanks.

BB

EDIT:

Found that Rotowire has it, but only for paying people.

FootballGuys may or may not have it. If they do, at least a login is needed, it may require pay.

Other sites have 'guides' and there are some from 5+ yrs ago.

Maybe a lot to ask for 'accurate' projections, but at least 2014 data would be a jumping off point.

Thanks again

TripleB! Try this link for a copy of Projection Pal with the 2015 punt and kick return stats:

http://www.fftoday.com/download/pal_return_stats_2015.xlsm

I set it up to add the punt yards and kickoff returns together. Custom1 is number of returns, Custom2 is return yards and Custom3 is touchdowns. You only see tabs for RB, WR and DB because those are really the only positions that do any returns. You would need to go to each Raw tab and hit the Copy to Compiler (Draft Buddy) button, and it will copy the stats over.

Then, to include them in the scoring for your cheatsheets, use the custom scoring tab, adding appropriate fantasy points to each category. You probably want to stick with yards since TD are so unpredictable. Of course once you import then you can edit the stats on the RB, WR and DB tabs in Buddy as much as you like to get more inline with current year expectations.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,

Mike

Thanks. Got around to trying, I think it worked.

Same Top 13, although a couple of points higher for OBJ and A Brown.

Gronk leapfrogged Bell and AP?!? I didn't change TE, but perhaps the added value to some RB and WR made the pool deeper?

I'm currently set to "Median Player Drafted". I'll play around with the rankings methods again. Discussion for another thread ;)

I did include the 3rd column, I assumed total TDs. Sure, they are flukey, but at least it will bump up some players further if they have a chance (and are with the same team, or at least in the same role).

No IDP, so I didn't have to transfer that. Curious to see if any of the guys want to draft a return DB. No place to start them. Good for some laughs anyway.

I'll be asking a few more questions as I go along. I do appreciate your 1:1 help, not only for me, but for others. Stops 100 people from asking the same things I guess.

Future threads:

How to incorporate custom notes into 3 versions

How to get the Big Board imported

FWIW, it's just BB. Someone else registered BigBlue, so I had to put the extra one in.

I had little idea Jarvis Landry racked up so many return yards last year. He must have moved up quite a bit.

Custom notes in 3 versions - best you can do is run Pal in each, changing the filename for each Draft Buddy on the setup tab in Pal.

I'm not sure when Doug's Big Boards are released but we'll definitely look at that when they are out.

Just ran across this. I'm drafting tonight and saw the my leagues has some crazy scoring for returns (1 pt per 12 yards). With that scoring and Yahoo's projections, CJ Spiller becomes the #1 RB and Jarvis Landry becomes the #2 WR. They expect Spiller to have 1200 yards in returns and 2.4 TDs in addition to his regular duties as an RB.

I am handling this by setting up custom scoring rules (worksheet 2A) and adding stats for ~20 players on the positional pages. Trying to go conservative because i think that these stats are really speculative as Mike mentioned.

For sure - very speculative and there could be guys who are useful you can get later who aren't even on the radar right now. Tyler Lockett might be a great late round pick who no one would otherwise pick for his receiving this year