Sign in to follow this  
Ray_T

Sherman

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000797091/article/richard-sherman-trade-chatter-which-team-would-be-best-fit

they keep posting stories that Seattle is in trade talks.

maybe it's true, maybe it's not.

but this is a draft that is deep at Corner. Maybe the Seahawks trade him for a LT(or another position of need) and then move up in the draft to grab a premium corner prospect.

I think the condiitions are right to make this kind of deal just because his replacement could be found in this years draft.

and if a draft is deep at Corner, you are likely to get a good one at the draft table. A team that is perpetually in the playoffs needs to take advantage of what the draft gives you. And drafting in the bottom half of the draft usually means the immediate impact players are limited to the positions in the draft that were considered deep in talent. So if the draft is deep at Corner and you know you will need one in the next year or two, you grab one. you dont wait until next year (or the year after) when the draft class is weak at that position.

Personally, I think they will draft his replacement, and if he's top notch, Sherman will be on the block next year.

But Seattle isnt afraid of pulling the trigger on a deal to upgrade another position of need. And he is 29 years old. So I could be wrong here. If they trade him now, they will still get a very good return. If they wait, they may not get anything of value.

I'd be sad to see him go, but it's business and if it happens, then best of luck to him. If your gonna do it, like you mentioned. This is a great draft class to need a CB. And when you look at Seattles secondary.

At safety. Free with a healthy Thomas. Strong with a healthy Chancellor. I think their best FA signing of the off season is, and will be safety Bradley McDougald from Tampa Bay. And Jeremy Lane is a phenomenal nickel back.

I'd have no problem putting 2 rookies at CB, (maybe both being 1rst round draft picks) with those guys in the secondary.

If your gonna give it a shot, and move on. I believe this is the time to do it. I know you also have to make sure you hit on those picks, of course you do. But this could be their best opportunity to do so without regressing dramatically.

Earl Thomas puts the secondary into position.

Bobby Wagner puts the 2 lines in position.

Can Chancellor is the voice of the defense that holds things together and gives them their mojo.

Everyone else on defense is replaceable if there in a position to do so.

I wouldn't mind seeing them resign Kelcie McCray if they do make the move though. That would really solidify that safety position.

There is plenty of great talent available at the end of the 1st and beginning of the second. Partly because NFL scouts suck, I mean are HORRENDOUS at their job. If I was an owner of a perpetually bad team I wouldn't tolerate an idiot scout who is lazy for a minute. Personally I think most scouts are lazy relative to the effort it should take to scout players. Analysts are lazy too.

I think it's wise to trade Sherman for a good olineman. He doesn't want to be in Seattle. It seems he doesn't trust the coaches. I wouldn't trust Darrel Bevel either if I were him.

Nnamdi Asomugha pt. II

Scheme player made better by surrounding talent

Nnamdi Asomugha pt. II

Maybe. I think Sherman can get burned by really fast receivers. Besides that though I think he is a legit #1 corner. It's rare to find a guy like Patrick Peterson who is as fast as almost any receiver in the NFL and can stick to them like glue.

Nnamdi Asomugha pt. II

Well, the Strong Seattle pass rush definitely makes it easier for a press corner(or any corner) to excel. And playing press is his specialty. He loves getting in the face of the WR at the line, bumping him off of his route.

and when the QB has less time to make a decision, that WR has a harder time getting open.

a guy like Sherman would not do as well on any team with a weak pass rush.

He was proven vulnerable last year, so they're doing the pats move and cutting bait before everyone knows it.