• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 jerryskids

jerryskids

FF Geek

• Members
  • 41,949 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 07:29 PM

I have a Tissot which I got for around $200 in Grand Cayman in 2009. I've heard them called poor man rolexes. I like wearing watches but couldn't see dropping 5 figures on one.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse." -- John Stuart Mill

#42 KSB2424

KSB2424

FF Geek

• Members
  • 32,494 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:38 PM

I hate jewelry. The only thing I've ever worn besides my wedding ring are watches. Never had an inkling to ever own a Rolex. I guess I don't get it.

I tend to have 2 to 3 hundred dollar watches in rotation. Never really wanted even a TAG.
Disclaimer: I have no focking idea what I'm talking about.

"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile." Albert Einstein

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

#43 Drizzay

Drizzay

FF Geek

• Members
  • 6,162 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:45 PM

Watches?
Tell your story walkin'!

Rev 5:5

#44 titans&bucs&bearsohmy!

titans&bucs&bearsohmy!

FF Geek

• Members
  • 19,029 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:49 PM

My parents both have one.

Dads is a submariner. Nice looking watch. But I'm sure you could get something just as nice for a tenth the price.

Moms is gold and has a diamond bezel. I think it cost north of 30g's.

When they go out, she rocks that, some diamond earrings that are probably about 3 carats each, and her wedding ring that has gotta be five carats. That thing could sink the titanic.

Crazy as Fock, but whatever, it's their money.

Once we went to a football game at the liberty bowl in Memphis. Not a great neighborhood. She wore all that.

I insisted she take it all off and lock it in the glove box of the car. Just begging for a mugging wearing north of 60k in jewelry in the focking ghetto.

#45 Filthy Fernadez

Filthy Fernadez

FF Geek

• Members
  • 14,247 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 01:03 AM

I have a low-end one.

One reason I'd not pay for one. They'll always be someone giving you the look 'Oh; you have the XYZ model. How affordable.' 

I would never spend that kind of money for a watch, even if I were filthy rich.

Nor would I.

I have a Fossil watch my wife bought me for XMAS. Great looking watch and if something happens to it, I don't have to sell a car to replace it.

BBC for the most part is pretty damn good.