Sign in to follow this  
Ray_T

Jags release Hurns

Hurns has been let go.

Jacksonville actually had no cap hit for the release. He's unrestricted.

Now watch he will end up in New England or Green Bay on a prove it deal and will light it up.

Hurns has been let go.

Jacksonville actually had no cap hit for the release. He's unrestricted.

Now watch he will end up in New England or Green Bay on a prove it deal and will light it up.

Perfect example of why the Jets traded up to take a QB, Cleveland will take a QB at #1, and the Giants will take a QB or trade back for a haul to someone else that needs a QB. Great QBs make other players and teams better than any other player on a team can. Gotta keep trying until you get one.

Perfect example of why the Jets traded up to take a QB, Cleveland will take a QB at #1, and the Giants will take a QB or trade back for a haul to someone else that needs a QB. Great QBs make other players and teams better than any other player on a team can. Gotta keep trying until you get one.

I have a saying, a good QB can put up good numbers if he has good talent around him.

a great QB can make mediocre receivers into stars.

Rodgers has done it, Brady has done it, Brees has done it. Brees had a 5000 yard passing year with no 1000 yard WR's. how weird is that?

Eli, I think has always been very good QB, but I dont think he is great.

he actually needs talent on the offense to produce and last year he did not have it. the only talented guy got hurt and he had a terrible line.

I think he did well with what he had, but hes not elite. I dont know that he ever was. He's very good and has some intangibles that allows him to be great at times when the situation is right.

That's what Eli gives you.

I have a saying, a good QB can put up good numbers if he has good talent around him.

a great QB can make mediocre receivers into stars.

Rodgers has done it, Brady has done it, Brees has done it. Brees had a 5000 yard passing year with no 1000 yard WR's. how weird is that?

Eli, I think has always been very good QB, but I dont think he is great.

he actually needs talent on the offense to produce and last year he did not have it. the only talented guy got hurt and he had a terrible line.

I think he did well with what he had, but hes not elite. I dont know that he ever was. He's very good and has some intangibles that allows him to be great at times when the situation is right.

That's what Eli gives you.

Yeah, I agree. I never thought Manning to be all that but the Giants knew what they would get from him so they could work around it. And he definitely has longevity.

And great QBs do make everyone better. But, they usually need good coaching to help them in their first year or two. Not many Steve Youngs out there that can overcome the horror that was Tampa Bay at the time.

Yeah, I agree. I never thought Manning to be all that but the Giants knew what they would get from him so they could work around it. And he definitely has longevity.

And great QBs do make everyone better. But, they usually need good coaching to help them in their first year or two. Not many Steve Youngs out there that can overcome the horror that was Tampa Bay at the time.

I think if the surrounding cast was good, Manning would be fine.

but it's not.

it's a one dimensional offense with a bad line that doesnt block well for either run or pass.

the Defense (in my opinion) has also underperformed which has not helped.

while they have signed a LT, I think the team also needs to draft someone to be a starter on the line. Maybe their second round pick can be used for that.

but I think the top pick needs to be used to pick a RB. Even if the line overall is still subpar, at least the threat to run will keep teams honest in how they play on D.

Let's face it, its been an awful long time since the Giants run game scared anyone. all u need to do is double cover Beckham and the offense is in trouble.

Hurns was ok, but it was being opposite Robinson and being the only other option that gave him that big season in 2015. In 2016, he wasn't doing much at all and Lee was taking playing time away from him even before he got hurt.

I think he ends up on a bad team like the Jets or Miami. Maybe Arizona or the Titans. A good team won't waste resources on a guy like Hurns.

Hurns was ok, but it was being opposite Robinson and being the only other option that gave him that big season in 2015. In 2016, he wasn't doing much at all and Lee was taking playing time away from him even before he got hurt.

I think he ends up on a bad team like the Jets or Miami. Maybe Arizona or the Titans. A good team won't waste resources on a guy like Hurns.

For once I agree.

He'd be worth a one year rental on a team like BUF, SF, Rams ...teams that have decent QBs and he won't be the #1 WR. ATL and PIT could use someone like him to push the WR depth

He should go to the Jets.

Dallas would be phenomenal

I would welcome this........... Certainly would help steer away from taking Ridley if he falls.

He's visiting Big D.

I would like him to end up in Dallas.

We need some help at WR. He's probably not going to break the bank and could provide a good target for Dak.

Expectations need to be realistic for him if signed. He's not going to be Dez Bryant from a few years ago but he can be a reliable target down the field.

He's visiting Big D.

I would like him to end up in Dallas.

We need some help at WR. He's probably not going to break the bank and could provide a good target for Dak.

Expectations need to be realistic for him if signed. He's not going to be Dez Bryant from a few years ago but he can be a reliable target down the field.

They Dallas interview should consist of 3 questions:

1. Do you have any skeletons in your closet that we don't know about? (i.e. woman beating, drugs, etc..)

2. Can you get open?

3. Can you catch?

Sign here please then.

1. Do you have any skeletons in your closet that we don't know about? (i.e. woman beating, drugs, etc..)

2. Can you get open?

3. Can you catch?

Sign here please then.

If a team needs to ask the player question #'s 2 and 3, they may want to invest in a talent evaluation staff to do that for them.

If a team needs to ask the player question #'s 2 and 3, they may want to invest in a talent evaluation staff to do that for them.

Is Jerry, Red and Co.. Duh.

2. Can you get open?

3. Can you catch?

Sign here please then.

Have the Cowboys ever asked or cared about question #1 in an interview??

Have the Cowboys ever asked or cared about question #1 in an interview??

Ha, good point.

Hurns officially signs w/ the Cowboys on a 2 year deal. https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/977228179567009792

Now the question is whether they keep Dez on his current contract. Would have to think they'll keep him no?

The talk today is that Dez stays...... But there's still a large populous of people (including sports talk radio) that wants Ridley at 19.

I'm okay with Dez staying - keep him 1 more year and cut bait next... I will go apeshiit if this team takes a WR at 19 though.

Looks like I was right. :banana: