Sign in to follow this  
crackattack

Election predictions

Only reason to go public with it is to fire up people about the "fake news".

Or to show yet another example of bias in the media. That gaffe may help push him to victory.

It shows personal bias(she's allowed to have her own views) and bad manners by one reporter at a newspaper in a town of 3000 people. Only reason to go public with it is to fire up people about the "fake news". Unless it works it's way into the reporting. :sleep:

Bias is real news. :dunno:

James should've put that out to simply give actual evidence of media bias. There's no reason for the lady to have been fired. Everyone at the paper knew she was biased, as was the paper, while she was there... no breaking news there. It's not like she said anything derogatory.

I will make one legit prediction that goes against the odds. Beto beats Cruz, in spite of Cruz appearing to be 4-8 points ahead depending on the poll.

My simple logic is actually based on the lessons Trump taught in 2016 in regards to the polls.

-The polls preferred/prefer Hillary/Cruz.

-The media said/says its a lock for Hillary/Cruz.

-Those that leaned/lean Hillary/Cruz arent enthusiastic about their candidate, but its what they have to go with.

-Those that favored/favor Trump/Beto are hardcore, enthusiastic, and passionate.

Those emotions all combined to allow just enough of those that unenthusiastically leaned Hillary to justify staying home, whereas they motivated all of Trumps supporters to show up. I could easily see the exact same scenario with Cruz and Beto supporters.

James should've put that out to simply give actual evidence of media bias. There's no reason for the lady to have been fired. Everyone at the paper knew she was biased, as was the paper, while she was there... no breaking news there. It's not like she said anything derogatory.

He's black so...

I will make one legit prediction that goes against the odds. Beto beats Cruz, in spite of Cruz appearing to be 4-8 points ahead depending on the poll.

My simple logic is actually based on the lessons Trump taught in 2016 in regards to the polls.

-Those that leaned/lean Hillary/Cruz arent enthusiastic about their candidate, but its what they have to go with.

-Those that favored/favor Trump/Beto are hardcore, enthusiastic, and passionate.

Those emotions all combined to allow just enough of those that unenthusiastically leaned Hillary to justify staying home, whereas they motivated all of Trumps supporters to show up. I could easily see the exact same scenario with Cruz and Beto supporters.

People were embarrassed to tell pollsters that they were voting for Trump. That is how he was able to win despite what the polls said. The same thing does not apply to Beto.

People were embarrassed to tell pollsters that they were voting for Trump. That is how he was able to win despite what the polls said. The same thing does not apply to Beto.

Thats a factor I suppose. I just think its all about getting your side to turn out. And enthusiasm is the biggest factor in motivating turnout in my opinion.

That said, I know that my prediction is a bit of a long shot. I feel like my logic is sound though.

BS - by the reporter, but I'm also thinking it's a punk move by James. Why not just send the voicemail to her boss?

why ?

why ?

Because that is what Nancy Pelosi would have done if she caught Trump on tape saying things like that. That's why.

Hillary was a lock over Trump too.

Yeah, but I'm told that Liberals aren't racist....

Robert Byrd does not support that claim.

Thats a factor I suppose. I just think its all about getting your side to turn out. And enthusiasm is the biggest factor in motivating turnout in my opinion.

That said, I know that my prediction is a bit of a long shot. I feel like my logic is sound though.

It's a huge factor. I was polled a few times in 2016 and said I was voting Hillary every time even though I would never in a million years have voted for her. Why? A few people I know who had been asked, when they said they were voting Trump, the person polling them either didn't even count their vote or actually called them names. Why deal with that. Just give them the answer they wanted to hear and that'll just make them freak out more when they lose.

• Like 1

It's a huge factor. I was polled a few times in 2016 and said I was voting Hillary every time even though I would never in a million years have voted for her. Why? A few people I know who had been asked, when they said they were voting Trump, the person polling them either didn't even count their vote or actually called them names. Why deal with that. Just give them the answer they wanted to hear and that'll just make them freak out more when they lose.

Itll be a huge factor again too. Thank the media and retard talking head libs again.

• Like 1

Itll be a huge factor again too. Thank the media and retard talking head libs again.

I so hope so. I can handle them whining like little babies. Them gloating would be insufferable.

BS - by the reporter, but I'm also thinking it's a punk move by James. Why not just send the voicemail to her boss?

Because some people still believe the media is netural. Let the truth have it's day.

why ?

Because some people still believe the media is netural. Let the truth have it's day.

If he evidence of bias, bad coverage from that paper, than perhaps he would be justified in releasing it. But just because a reporter has personal bias, doesn't mean it has affected their work, nor does it mean the editor or paper has let biased content go out.

IMO-it's just a cheap ploy to the base to say...look the media is out to get us GOP's. And if your responses are going to be about a liberal media conspiracy...you are wasting your time replying to me about that. HTH

If he evidence of bias, bad coverage from that paper, than perhaps he would be justified in releasing it. But just because a reporter has personal bias, doesn't mean it has affected their work, nor does it mean the editor or paper has let biased content go out.

IMO-it's just a cheap ploy to the base to say...look the media is out to get us GOP's. And if your responses are going to be about a liberal media conspiracy...you are wasting your time replying to me about that. HTH

TIL a person showing their true face is a ploy by the other side.

Who gives a sh*t? It's not just about bias. If she didn't want it released don't leave unprofessional, potentially racist comments on your voice mail. Yes, I said potentially racist, because you know if the exact same comments had been left in voice mail for a black dem candidate running against a white GOP candidate by an obviously right leaning reporter the left and MSM would be screaming racism to high heaven.

Honcho never ceases to amaze me, hats off to you Sir.

TIL a person showing their true face is a ploy by the other side.

Yup.

GOP'll get ~54 seats in the Senate, maybe 55 if Rosendale continues to hold off Tester but these late ones are expected to go mostly to Tester. I'm counting McSally and Scott as wins.

Dems'll wind up with ~229 seats in the House

---

Pretty close to the split I was expecting. Maybe a Dem advantage unless Rosendale wins in case I'd call it a draw.

I'd said GOP picks up 3-4 seats in the Senate and Rosendale would make it five. Meanwhile, I'd thought the Dems get around a 5 seat majority in the House it's looking to be around 11.

A lot of Jeb! Republicans retired rather than defend their seats. Good riddance. If they were replaced by moderate/conservative Dems or non-fake Trump Republicans, that works for me. Dems made gains in the suburbs where Trump's obnoxiousness doesn't play well with GOP women, they may be willing to return to the GOP if he acts halfway decent (one can dream). The more Senate seats they win now, the bigger cushion they have to keep the Senate in later election cycles, hopefully Trump is still in office when Satan's great-grandmother keels over and another SCOTUS seat opens up.

GOP made some nice gains in the Senate, knowing a bit of how Mitch McConnell's brain works after watching him these last two years, it's surely ahead warp zillion on judicial (and other) nominees.

Losing the House may not be so bad for Trump. Paul Ryan's neocon Jeb!tards have been pretty useless anyway. In 2020, he was going to run against Nancy Pelosi anyways and now we'll all get a nice reminder of her in full Pelosiness. She's also been showing signs of being a bit less sharp than she has been. One thing the Jeb!tards did prove useful about was keep the investigations at bay, soon we'll be neck deep in subpoenas and scandalmongering. Trump has had some shady business deals and shady friends, we'll see if they blow smoke or find something.

• Like 1

Im hoping to see the Democrats revolt on Pelosi. Or at the least fight her tooth and nail on the speaker position. An all out battle royal would be fun to watch.

Im hoping to see the Democrats revolt on Pelosi. Or at the least fight her tooth and nail on the speaker position. An all out battle royal would be fun to watch.

The closer the GOP can keep the Dems to 218, the more influence the dissident Dems have.

Of all the Dems running that promised not to be a puppet for Nancy Pelosi, you have to hope there were at least a dozen, maybe up to twenty, who weren't just bullsh*tters saying whatever it takes to win but who were actually telling the truth about what they think of her.

Yep.

It is starting to look like the Republicans may GAIN seats in the House.

Blood bath incoming.

How'd that go?

My Beto won prediction didnt work out. I admit it.

I just wanted to be one of the rare people here that predicted something, then when I was officially proven incorrect, didnt try to make the argument that I was still actually correct in spite of the actual facts.

I just wanted to be one of the rare people here that predicted something, then when I was officially proven incorrect, didnt try to make the argument that I was still actually correct in spite of the actual facts.

My Gary Johnson bold prediction almost made it... 15% of the vote.

If it helps, Beto won the popular vote by a long shot.

Cruz only won among registered voters.

If it helps, Beto won the popular vote by a long shot.

Cruz only won among registered voters.

LOL, that's pretty damn funny.