Sign in to follow this  
Marshall

DL Solomon Thomas declared for draft today

I thought that I'd seen someone else comment on it here, but now I can't find it. At any rate, you may find his good-bye letter to Stanford interesting - if not downright refreshing:

http://www.gostanford.com/news/2017/1/4/football-to-my-stanford-family.aspx

He's already being touted as going in the top 15 - which would likely place him out of reach for teams such as the Seahawks or Raiders. Where would you expect or hope to see him to land?

Only got to watch Thomas play 2-3 times this year, but every time I did I was very impressed. His bowl-game performance probably pushed him up quite a bit, and he's drawing comparisons to Michael Bennett due to his frame/playing style.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him in the top 20; seems like a good fit for a lot of the teams that will be drafting in the early 20's such as Miami, Seattle, Green Bay, Atlanta (obviously based on how they finish in the playoffs).

Only got to watch Thomas play 2-3 times this year, but every time I did I was very impressed. His bowl-game performance probably pushed him up quite a bit, and he's drawing comparisons to Michael Bennett due to his frame/playing style.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him in the top 20; seems like a good fit for a lot of the teams that will be drafting in the early 20's such as Miami, Seattle, Green Bay, Atlanta (obviously based on how they finish in the playoffs).

Hope the Pats trade Jimmy G for a high first and nab this gem :thumbsup:

Hope the Pats trade Jimmy G for a high first and nab this gem :thumbsup:

Ha, that would be a vintage Patriots move. He'd be a hell of a player in NE

Even if NE can secure a first for Jimmy, I still don't think it's that great of a trade for them.

2014 was one of the deepest drafts in years, and they could have had Jarvis Landry or Preston Brown for 4 years instead of 3 years of a backup QB and a future first. Imagine either of those 2 on NE; that's scary.

Essentially you're on the clock with your 2nd rd pick in 2013 and a team calls you and say they'll give you their 2017 first, would you do that deal? NE would tell that GM to go f*ck themselves.

If the 49ers don't trade down, which could be very likely, I could easily see them taking him at #2. I'd be fine with that. 9ers need rebuild on offensemble & defense so he would be a badly need piece to their rebuild. Regardless whoever gets him should be very happy.

• Like 1