Sign in to follow this  
Pearmiser

Mayfield: Desperation Play vs. KC... junk time?

I'm desperate at QB. Luck on a bye, Fitz snagged off WW ahead of me. Usual bottom feeders on WW; Flacco, Smith, Mayfield, Carr. I grabbed Carr, but then got to thinking: if KC is up 50-0 in the first quarter, wouldnt Mayfield pump stats with garbage time?

I'm down to Mayfield vs. Carr.

• Like 1

If Higgins is back and playing I would strongly consider playing Mayfield. When Baker was at his best he was targeting Higgins a lot, unfortunately you have to make the call by tonight, tough one. GL

Like A Smith.

I read here before that Baker is already a HOFer and would be a league winner this year.

So I would pick him up.

I'm in the exact same spot as you (Luck on bye, wasn't able to grab Fitz off WW) so I'm rolling with Baker. Higgins should be back and he was one of Baker's favorite targets who can actually catch the ball unlike Callaway. The offense should be up for this game with the coaching changes. I'm expecting a lot of dump offs to Duke who has been criminally underutilized this season. They'll be at home and will have to play catch up. Baker and Mahomes meet again after their barn burning offensive explosion in college and Baker would love to match whatever Mahomes does on Sunday and prove he's the future the same way Mahomes is. I'm really trying to talk myself into this but I feel good about Baker in catch up mode. I'm expecting (hoping) for 300+ yards and 3 TDs with a turnover or two.

Just as long as he feeds Njoku. That bastard's goose egg last week screwed me big time!

I started Carr as my QB2 over Mayfield. Starting DeShaun Watson as QB1. Lost Garoppolo for the year and Andy Dalton is on bye. Probably will cut Carr that was awful.

I'm in the exact same spot as you (Luck on bye, wasn't able to grab Fitz off WW) so I'm rolling with Baker. Higgins should be back and he was one of Baker's favorite targets who can actually catch the ball unlike Callaway. The offense should be up for this game with the coaching changes. I'm expecting a lot of dump offs to Duke who has been criminally underutilized this season. They'll be at home and will have to play catch up. Baker and Mahomes meet again after their barn burning offensive explosion in college and Baker would love to match whatever Mahomes does on Sunday and prove he's the future the same way Mahomes is. I'm really trying to talk myself into this but I feel good about Baker in catch up mode. I'm expecting (hoping) for 300+ yards and 3 TDs with a turnover or two.

I was close on Mayfield but finally the new OC was smart enough to start involving Duke Johnson in the passing game! Coming out party for the Duke today.