Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Titans at Cowboys: In-Game Discussion

Jerry Jones just reaffirmed Dak as the QB going forward:

"

Dak is the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys," Jones said in his weekly radio spot. "Hes young, and hes going to get extended."

How bout them Cowboys...

They rank right up there with the giants. Actually, the cowboys have more wins.

I must have really hurt your feelings this time for you to hijack yet another thread to whine about the Giants.

I must have really hurt your feelings this time for you to hijack yet another thread to whine about the Giants.

Less whining than gloating. ☺

Wow, the Cowpukes are just bad. The whole NFC LEAST is actually pretty bad. Oh well. We'll get sold the bill of Cowboy goods next year too and they'll be on national TV 38 !@@#$% times as always. What a joke. They've done less with more than most teams in the history of the league.

Tonight I learned from Jason Witten that it really helps offensive coordinators when a team gets a first down on second down. Thanks Jason!

The guy they have on the sidelines is bad too. He adds nothing, he's just loud. I watch MNF with the sound off.

Dallas Clowns strike again.

Man, i used to want to make fun of you Cowboys fans, but this is actually pretty amazing that it's allowed to be groundhog day every year. Titans had NO business being in that game but Dallas let them off the hook after the early turnovers. Cooper (while I'm thankful he won me a matchup i figured to lose) isn't the answer and overpaying with a 1st rounder for him is insane. There are pieces there that give some hope, in particular on the defensive side, but the whole team is just horribly managed from top to bottom.

Man, i used to want to make fun of you Cowboys fans, but this is actually pretty amazing that it's allowed to be groundhog day every year.

As a fan of over 40 years, I tried to tell you - it's a dumpster fire here... Has been for years.

As a fan of over 40 years, I tried to tell you - it's a dumpster fire here... Has been for years.

At least it's better than in NYG land. :)

You have some things in common though, you both have good RBs and terrible QBs and no future ahead. Washington and Philly will dominate for years to come with good QBs and no RBs.

At least it's better than in NYG land. :)

You have some things in common though, you both have good RBs and terrible QBs and no future ahead. Washington and Philly will dominate for years to come with good QBs and no RBs.

Broken record much? :rolleyes:

Suggestion why do you hit EVERY thread on the board pointing out how you feel Saquon was a bad pick and not only failing to relate it to the topic at hand, but failing miserably to support your own argument?

Broken record much? :rolleyes:

Suggestion why do you hit EVERY thread on the board pointing out how you feel Saquon was a bad pick and not only failing to relate it to the topic at hand, but failing miserably to support your own argument?

Cowboys are in the giants division, just giving their fans hope. Just like obama. 😂

Aikman blasted the cowboys today.....not so much players and coaches but the whole culture. Said Jerry continues to say changes will be made but its the same ole same ole as I believe.

23 years of pure trash.

Nice to see an ex Cowboy not mince words and tell it like it is.

Pure trash.....

Im sure the Wal-Mart Cowboys attire sales are at an all time high along with the Party Pass section of Jerrys World.

what a joke.....Groundhog Day

Aikman blasted the cowboys today.....not so much players and coaches but the whole culture. Said Jerry continues to say changes will be made but its the same ole same ole as I believe.

23 years of pure trash.

Nice to see an ex Cowboy not mince words and tell it like it is.

Pure trash.....

Im sure the Wal-Mart Cowboys attire sales are at an all time high along with the Party Pass section of Jerrys World.

what a joke.....Groundhog Day

Aikman needs phone Michael Irvin and tell him wise up...oh, and tell him to get off the coke. :shocking:

Thinking about switching to become a Chiefs fan. Only live 3 hours from KC, already been a life long Royals fan, Mahomes is freaking awesome, and I've seen the Chiefs live this year, never been to a Cowboys game. Dallas Cowboys organization is a joke.

Thinking about switching to become a Chiefs fan. Only live 3 hours from KC, already been a life long Royals fan, Mahomes is freaking awesome, and I've seen the Chiefs live this year, never been to a Cowboys game. Dallas Cowboys organization is a joke.

:shocking:

:banana:

remember, the chiefs were the original dallas franchise. i don't feel one bit bad about rooting for them.

i'm also dez-wagoning the saints.

• Like 1

Dallas fans are pathetic

I think you're wrong. Dallas fans are the best. There is no more self-absorbed yet completely irrational collection of delusional fans anywhere. It's groundhog day come to life every NFL season.

September: "Cowboys are winning the superbowl! We have the best QB, WR, RB, O-line and Defense in the league"

October: "Man our head coach sucks, but we're still winning the superbowl!"

November: "Ok, we may have underestimated the Eagles, Redskins and Giants in our division, along with several other teams in other divisions...but we're still winning the superbowl."

December: "Oh man, I hope we get to 8-8"

January: (start planning for September)

Rinse. Repeat.

Pure awesomeness...

• Like 1

I think you're wrong. Dallas fans are the best. There is no more self-absorbed yet completely irrational collection of delusional fans anywhere. It's groundhog day come to life every NFL season.

September: "Cowboys are winning the superbowl! We have the best QB, WR, RB, O-line and Defense in the league"

November: "Ok, we may have underestimated the Eagles, Redskins and Giants in our division, along with several other teams in other divisions...but we're still winning the superbowl."

Rinse. Repeat.

Pure awesomeness...

You forgot the step where they become fans of other teams for the rest of the year and swear they've always been a fan of that team.

Rinse. Repeat.

Pure awesomeness...

that's a joke.

first, every fanbase is optimistic in september. that's what being a fan is. if you're not, then your fandom is crap.

second, cowboys fans are more team-critical than pretty much any other ballclub's. we rip on the cowboys constantly, whether they're 4-12 or 13-3. whether they won that week or lost that week.

and finally, since you've been a member of this forum, the only decembers when dallas was out of playoff contention were the 2 years that romo was knocked out for the season.

that's a joke.

first, every fanbase is optimistic in september. that's what being a fan is. if you're not, then your fandom is crap.

second, cowboys fans are more team-critical than pretty much any other ballclub's. we rip on the cowboys constantly, whether they're 4-12 or 13-3. whether they won that week or lost that week.

and finally, since you've been a member of this forum, the only decembers when dallas was out of playoff contention were the 2 years that romo was knocked out for the season.

No, it's not a joke. I'm a Steeler fan living in Texas. EVERY year Cowboys fans start the year by literally saying "We are going to win the superbowl this year". It matters not what their record was, or if anything about the team has changed in any significant way. Every damn year it's a chorus of "We're winning the Superbowl". In their minds, their players have to be the best in the league because they are Cowboys. Quincy Carter, Chad Hutchinson, Drew Henson, Stephen McGee, Brandon Weeden, Kellen Moore, Tony Romo and Dak Prescott. At some point in time Cowboys fans have honestly believed those guys were the best QB in the league and could not be convinced otherwise. That's not even including the re-treads like Kitna, Bledsoe, Testaverder, etc...

It's an illusion that sprang forth from one phrase in the 70's:

"They appear on television so often that their faces are as familiar to the public as presidents and movie stars. They are the Dallas Cowboys, "America's Team'"

It was narrator hyperbole that Cowboys fans took to heart. It has created this entitlement, like they actually believe they are America's team. The Steelers have more Lombardi trophies than any other team, but never do I start the season by saying "We are winning it all again this year". Roethlisberger is a HOF credential QB and never have I said he's the best QB in the game. Never has there been a point where I would have said "There is no QB I'd take over Roethlisberger". Being a fan of the winningest franchise in NFL history doesn't mean I'm required to take things for granted, buy into the hype, or preen around like a peac0ck. I know this despite the fact that my team isn't perennially lucky to finish 8-8. Cowboys fans don't know this. Thus, they are the most delusional fanbase in the league.

No, it's not a joke. I'm a Steeler fan living in Texas. EVERY year Cowboys fans start the year by literally saying "We are going to win the superbowl this year". It matters not what their record was, or if anything about the team has changed in any significant way. Every damn year it's a chorus of "We're winning the Superbowl". In their minds, their players have to be the best in the league because they are Cowboys. Quincy Carter, Chad Hutchinson, Drew Henson, Stephen McGee, Brandon Weeden, Kellen Moore, Tony Romo and Dak Prescott. At some point in time Cowboys fans have honestly believed those guys were the best QB in the league and could not be convinced otherwise. That's not even including the re-treads like Kitna, Bledsoe, Testaverder, etc...

It's an illusion that sprang forth from one phrase in the 70's:

It was narrator hyperbole that Cowboys fans took to heart. It has created this entitlement, like they actually believe they are America's team. The Steelers have more Lombardi trophies than any other team, but never do I start the season by saying "We are winning it all again this year". Roethlisberger is a HOF credential QB and never have I said he's the best QB in the game. Never has there been a point where I would have said "There is no QB I'd take over Roethlisberger". Being a fan of the winningest franchise in NFL history doesn't mean I'm required to take things for granted, buy into the hype, or preen around like a peac0ck. I know this despite the fact that my team isn't perennially lucky to finish 8-8. Cowboys fans don't know this. Thus, they are the most delusional fanbase in the league.

Jason Kelce on the Cowboys and their fanbase "I've just never really appreciated what the organization--and what its fans really stood for," Kelce said to host Angelo Cataldi. They are "a lot of fair-weather people from across the country that just kind of fell in love because they're winners instead of having any type of emotional connection to the team whatsoever."

How bout them Cowboys!

Jason Kelce on the Cowboys and their fanbase "I've just never really appreciated what the organization--and what its fans really stood for," Kelce said to host Angelo Cataldi. They are "a lot of fair-weather people from across the country that just kind of fell in love because they're winners instead of having any type of emotional connection to the team whatsoever."

How bout them Cowboys!

this is comedy. how could cowboys fans possible be fair weather? the cowboys haven't been winners since kelce was 8 years old. they've only had 5 double-digit win seasons in this millennium.

this is comedy. how could cowboys fans possible be fair weather? the cowboys haven't been winners since kelce was 8 years old. they've only had 5 double-digit win seasons in this millennium.

I cant speak on Dallas fans in thr Dallas area. But around the country thry are some of the biggest fair weather fans.

Toothless bums hanging off their porch yellin how bout dem cowboys! They dont even know what year it is.

Bills just backed into the playoffs last year for the 1st time since 1999 music city miracle. Yet still pack their house in 25 degree blizzards.

Here we have Dallas fans thinking about jumping on the chiefs bandwagon.

No, it's not a joke. I'm a Steeler fan living in Texas.

this explains a lot. selection bias is an actual thing, especially when combined with spatial autocorrelation.

IOW, every team has delusional fans, and sports fandom concentrates near local clubs. therefore it is mathematically inevitable that you will encounter more delusional cowboy fans near dallas.

it's amusing that you think that's indicative of anything other than proximity.

I cant speak on Dallas fans in thr Dallas area. But around the country thry are some of the biggest fair weather fans.

Toothless bums hanging off their porch yellin how bout dem cowboys! They dont even know what year it is.

Bills just backed into the playoffs last year for the 1st time since 1999 music city miracle. Yet still pack their house in 25 degree blizzards.

Here we have Dallas fans thinking about jumping on the chiefs bandwagon.

these two statements contradict one another. the cowboys haven't been winners in 20+ years, but they still have one of the largest fanbases in all of sports. you have to pick one: either we toothless bums love the cowboys no matter what year it is, or we're only fair weather fans. they can't both be true.

these two statements contradict one another. the cowboys haven't been winners in 20+ years, but they still have one of the largest fanbases in all of sports. you have to pick one: either we toothless bums love the cowboys no matter what year it is, or we're only fair weather fans. they can't both be true.

They had 2 dynastys. The Dallas fans here were made 8n the 90s. They hardly follow football. Just because they hang off their porch yelling how bout dem cowboys doesnt make them a loyal fanbase. They font even know what year it is.

We have 2 "cowboy" fans in here trying to be chiefs fans.

Browns bills lions fans all laugh at your "loyalty" because you have been average for 20 years after 3 SB wins in 4 years.

They had 2 dynastys. The Dallas fans here were made 8n the 90s. They hardly follow football. Just because they hang off their porch yelling how bout dem cowboys doesnt make them a loyal fanbase. They font even know what year it is.

Browns bills lions fans all laugh at your "loyalty" because you have been average for 20 years after 3 SB wins in 4 years.

lol.

perhaps in your pollyanna world, being a fan means never calling out your team for bad decisions and poor play. real sports fans have a very different outlook--relentless honesty. real fans hate on our teams harder than anyone, but still show up in our ancient team gear and shout ourselves hoarse, because we can't help loving our team. that's why we're still fans after half a lifetime of mediocrity.

me? i was raised on staubach and white, suffered through pelleur and hogeboom, bounced back with aikman and the triplets, survived the gailey/campo disaster, and cheered as romo dragged the whole flawed organization on his back as far as he possibly could before his body broke down.

the current cowboys are a dumpster fire. any educated cowboys fan will tell you this, and if they won't tell you that, they don't know about football. if you can't be honest about your team, your opinion is worthless. and come january, when the cowboys will be sitting on their couches, i'll be shouting for lamar hunt's former dallas texans and the new orleans dezzes, because those are some entertaining teams.

Real fans don't bail on their teams to root for other teams.

I was recruited by Chiefs fans while at the game this year to make the Chiefs my 2nd team to cheer for. Met a lot of great 49ers fans that day too. Anyway I'm a Cowboys fan since childhood including staying a fan during their 1-15 year and every single year including this year since then. Point is that showing against the Titans was the last straw, major changes or major winning needs to happen immediately. We as Cowboys fans demand it.

Point is that showing against the Titans was the last straw, major changes or major winning needs to happen immediately. We as Cowboys fans demand it.

:thumbsup:

Cowboys fan since childhood including staying a fan during their 1-15 year

Oh wow congrats true fan.

:thumbsup:

You were here just last year battling cruzer(friendly) about thr state of the cowboys.

Now 1 year later it "has gone too far".

Lol

this explains a lot. selection bias is an actual thing, especially when combined with spatial autocorrelation.

IOW, every team has delusional fans, and sports fandom concentrates near local clubs. therefore it is mathematically inevitable that you will encounter more delusional cowboy fans near dallas.

it's amusing that you think that's indicative of anything other than proximity.

what's amusing is your over-use of internet searches desperately for concepts like spatial autocorrelation to try and justify your opinion. Geographically I'm lots closer to Houston. Never do I hear Texans fans say "we are winning it all this year". Say what you want about the fact that the Cowboys have actually won superbowls while the Texans haven't. Reality is that Brock Osweiler while playing for the Texans in one season has as many playoff wins as the Cowboys do in the last 23 years. Yet somehow they stay more grounded than Cowboys fans.

You were here just last year battling cruzer(friendly) about thr state of the cowboys.

Now 1 year later it "has gone too far".

Lol

yes. at this point 12 months ago, prescott was a few games into a slump coming off one of the best rookie QB campaigns in history, and DAL was suffering what seemed to be a temporary setback. the remainder of that season was a slow swoon, with obvious problems that the FO and coaching staff seemed to take no interest in rectifying. throughout the offseason, the fanbase screamed for the team to take aggressive steps to solve those problems, and we were told to shut up--that the braintrust knew what they were doing. no steps were taken, and they're worse now than they were before.

failure isn't falling down--it's staying down.