:rolleyes:

Is it really that important to see?

I'll be in the office all day.

Fock off

:rolleyes:

Is it really that important to see?

I'll be in the office all day.

Fock off

I'll be on an airplane over Washington state.

But my parents bought ten pairs and are driving up to the clusterfock in Kentucky.

A local news channel had numerous calls from people asking what precautions they should take with their pets during the ellipse. How do they keep them from looking at the sun? They brought in a veterinarian to explain that animals are smart enough not to look at the sun.

How did people get so stupid?

Was just at Lowe's yesterday and overheard the guy answer the phone saying something like thank you for calling Lowe's we are out of eclipse glasses how can I help you.

Because why wouldn't everyone wait until the last minute.

Was just at Lowe's yesterday and overheard the guy answer the phone saying something like thank you for calling Lowe's we are out of eclipse glasses how can I help you.

why buy a shovel before it snows? seems better to get it while the snow is coming down :doh:

It so happens the second to last eclipse I saw I'd had dental appointment that day. The dentist gave some of us X-Rays that I folded into quarters, was able to see the eclipse clearly and safely through that.

The epicenter went right over Detroit : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_eclipse_of_May_10,_1994

Pro tip: Pull a t-shirt over your head, wrap it around your phone, turn your phones camera on and look directly at it.

They sold a bunch of counterfeit "eclipse glasses" at my work, and are now freaking out trying to get everybody to return them for a refund, so someone doesn't sue them. This is a Fortune 100 company mind you...

It so happens the second to last eclipse I saw I'd had dental appointment that day. The dentist gave some of us X-Rays that I folded into quarters, was able to see the eclipse clearly and safely through that.

The epicenter went right over Detroit : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_eclipse_of_May_10,_1994

So that was the start of Detroit's downfall?

rofl...just buy a piece of 12-14 welders glass for 1.99 Fold up some pop tart wrappers or mylar baloon several sheets Make a big pinhole camera from a cardboard box bigger box gives you bigger image...you would be suprised how small sun really is lol pinhole camera is best..no craning your neck...and it makes a much bigger image. The whole eclipse is like 45 minutes. You can also use poptart wrappers on your camera lense to video it or take pictures, without overloading the sensor inside

Edited by Cloaca du jour

So that was the start of Detroit's downfall?

No.

Detroit had a riot in 1967 which started it. Then in 1974 Coleman Young began his 20 year run as mayor by calling for a race war in his innagural address and then began to dismantle the police force.

By 1994, Detroit already had Mayor Young's full twenty years of decline, blight, white flight, racial hate, mongering and abandonment.

Such a huge scam. I don't know what they are or what they are made of but I am guaranteeing you it's just flimsy film over cardboard like movie theater 3D glasses that do absolutely nothing vs regular sunglasses or another simple lifehack.

Only change I would make would be to dangle a small clove of garlic from each earpiece. Not only can draculas walk amongst us this day, but we'll be distracted and our necks will be craned. :shocking:

Pro hack: Never look directly at the sun....obviously. Close your eyes and take a magnifying glass and hold it up towards the sun. The sun is very far away so you'll need magnification.

• Like 1

A local news channel had numerous calls from people asking what precautions they should take with their pets during the ellipse. How do they keep them from looking at the sun? They brought in a veterinarian to explain that animals are smart enough not to look at the sun.

How did people get so stupid?

I find it hard to believe that an animal who eats it own is smart enough to not look at the sun.

They sold a bunch of counterfeit "eclipse glasses" at my work, and are now freaking out trying to get everybody to return them for a refund, so someone doesn't sue them. This is a Fortune 100 company mind you...

Pretty boneheaded. Anyone get fired?

Same sort of thing happened at my jerb. :clap:

Sadly and with urgency, I am writing to let you know that Amazon has just contacted us to let us know that the ISO certification on our solar glasses did not pass and they are recalling the glasses.

We are reviewing to see if we can get a new certified order in time. Additional instructions are forthcoming.
In the meantime, please do not distribute the glasses. We will make arrangements to pick them up from you. We will be receiving a refund.
SORRY!

Just grab some binoculars and suck it up like a man!

Hey, we've only know this would happen for a few hundred years.

The eclipse is on monday. How is trying to get them 4 days before waiting until the last minute? Especially since they've heen sold out for weeks.

The biggest scam is the overselling of the eclipse. Portland is expecting 1 million visitors! The e lips is not that big a deal. Are people this easily entertained? There will be another one in seven years.

The biggest scam is the overselling of the eclipse. Portland is expecting 1 million visitors! The e lips is not that big a deal. Are people this easily entertained? There will be another one in seven years.

and there hasn't been one in 38 years. Which means nearly half of the people on the planet weren't even born yet since we've had the last one. So I'd say that's a pretty big deal. The good thing is, you are not forced to go and look at it, grumpy.

Being in St. Joseph,MO and owning a fireworks business I designed and had 2500 pair made by American Paper Optics that look like this I now have 60 pair left.Needless to say sales have been great.

Being in St. Joseph,MO and owning a fireworks business I designed and had 2500 pair made by American Paper Optics that look like this I now have 60 pair left.Needless to say sales have been great.

Wow, congrats on finding the sweet spot on how many to order.

The last solar eclipse I saw, while in NJ, I just looked at it directly with my eyes and then looked away. I mean, we see the sun everyday and don't go blind. I remember that it took a very long time.

I am scrambling trying to find some, but not because I waited till the last minute. I ordered some WEEKS ago and they just never showed up. I am out the money but more importantly, I do not have any glasses and am VERY close to the sweet spot of this eclipse. My dad has some welding helmets and shtt, but I do not know how to tell what is what and do not want to risk my focking eyesight for a few minutes of this thing. Always something going wrong.

I was at 7-11 today and they had signs up saying "Solar Eclipise Glasses $12".

They couldn't even spell it right. :doh:

True story.

Nashville- one of the hot spots for viewing parties.

Odd- while many stores are sold out of the glasses, many places are stil giving them away for free.

I picked up a pair Saturday, at the local Doc in the Box, Vanderbilt Health Clinic.

I have to work tomorrow- I plan to set up a lawn chair in the parking lot for an hour or so, work on the laptop, maybe make a few calls, and see what happens.

Cheap thrills

It's insane...

I'm reading they are saying 100,000,000 Americans will travel for this. Every highway exit here in Tennessee has signs that says "do not park here during eclipse."

I'll be flying back to china. I'm hoping all this means less crowds in the airport.

It's insane...

I'm reading they are saying 100,000,000 Americans will travel for this. Every highway exit here in Tennessee has signs that says "do not park here during eclipse."

I'll be flying back to china. I'm hoping all this means less crowds in the airport.

There's been people camped out here all weekend waiting for it. Hotels are all full so they had to resort to camping

Every single person wearing eclipse glasses will pull them down at least once to see it without filters.

Every one

I am scrambling trying to find some, but not because I waited till the last minute. I ordered some WEEKS ago and they just never showed up. I am out the money but more importantly, I do not have any glasses and am VERY close to the sweet spot of this eclipse. My dad has some welding helmets and shtt, but I do not know how to tell what is what and do not want to risk my focking eyesight for a few minutes of this thing. Always something going wrong.

The welding visor will work. That's what it's designed for, Like I said, the eclipse before last, all it took for me was an X-Ray folded over itself twice and my eyes didn't hurt at all, I could have looked at it all afternoon.