Sign in to follow this  
Bert

Google

WTF?

The sh!t they are doing would make John D. Rockefeller blush.

Bert, don't be evil.

Sorry Google is awesome and not evil like Facebook.

Now call off the drones.

Google has (essentially) indexed all human knowledge.... all information, all instructions, all directions... if the Greek's "Oracle" were real,today, it would be a browser open to Google search.

And like it or not... we all work for Google... p!ss off Google or fail to develop information in a way they consider "friendly", they can de-list you... and then your business may was well not even exist.

I still use yahoo for my searching :dunno:

My homepage is yahoo.com

I use them for email too

And they have control of thousands of children when they sell the schools chromebooks cheap and track them

And they have control of thousands of children when they sell the schools chromebooks cheap and track them

:ninja:

:dunno:

it's quite powerful when your product/service is simply... FORMATION.... ALL the INFORMATION.

and once you are not only the repository for all that information but you also control the speed, delivery, and access to that information, it get's even crazier.

I still use yahoo for my searching :dunno:

My homepage is yahoo.com

I use them for email too

You should consider getting in to the 21st century. I hear AOL is great for search and e-mail.

Data is the new oil.

More specifically and impactfully put: data is the new lifeblood. If someone controls all your data, they control you.

You should consider getting in to the 21st century. I hear AOL is great for search and e-mail.

:rolleyes:

I'm sure you'll feel exactly the same if I have every bit of data on you.

You wouldn't be controllable at all.

:-)

The next time edjr signs up for a website with free services he should think about how they make their income.

The next time edjr signs up for a website with free services he should think about how they make their income.

Google's immense cash flow is what keeps them from being completely amoral.

Once Google needs cash it could get ugly.

ads.

hth

ads.

hth

Unless you are getting a HUGE amount of traffic you aren't making anything off AdWords or AdSense. Probably just enough to self finance your own AdWords campaign. They make their money by selling your data.

ads.

hth

all dooshery aside... Yahoo just sold to the New York Times... a dying newspaper company is buying a dying internet company in hope of turning things around... and they won't. Both are doomed.

See, Yahoo couldn't figure out who or what it wanted to be - a search engine? a content site? a media site? They tried to be all things for all people... and in today's internet, if you're for everybody, you're for nobody.

Yahoo can't make any money selling ads... and for the most part, nobody else can either. Ad revenue is a losing strategy for every internet company now except Google and Facebook - they reportedly own 99% of all ad dollars/revenue.

So, as with everything, the key will be niche - targeted - specific sites that can cater to exact, specific needs of their visitors. Traffic may be lower there, but advertisers know that the visitors are already segmented, loyal, and have a much higher conversion rate.

And even with that, Facebook has an advantage - they've already profiled you and have you segmented and profiled for their advertisers.

Bottom line - Google and Facebook are the immovable giants in the internet ad world right now - unless you're selling something really specific, niche, and maybe even weird.

We want information, :banana:

information, :banana:

information :banana:

I use Google image yesterday for the first time. No idea how that Voodoo works, but it works really well.

I also found out that if you use voice recognition in their search engine? They keep a recording of every voice request you make of Google.

so, at this point with that library, and some basic off the shelf editing they pretty much could make anybody say anything and have a recording of it.

Think of that.

Of course, I don't know how many actual words you can make from the word prepubescent...

WTF?

The sh!t they are doing would make John D. Rockefeller blush.

You're just defensive because if a back ho accidentally cuts a fiber optic cable, everybody's data doesn't seep into the ground water and poison a town full of Indians for the next three generations.

and maybe even more valuable than indexing all of human knowledge... is Googles indexing WHAT everyone is searching/looking for.