Sign in to follow this  
edjr

T.O. will not be mentioned at NFL Hall Of Fame ceremony

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24079755/hall-fame-honor-terrell-owens-individually-ceremonies

The Pro Football Hall of Fame will not acknowledge Terrell Owens individually during enshrinement weekend in Canton, Ohio, next month, the Hall's executive director says.
"The focus is on the guys who are here," Hall of Fame executive director Joe Horrigan told the Talk of Fame Sports Network on Thursday. "There's no reason to bring him up as an individual. He's not here."
Owens announced last month that he would not attend the ceremonies, scheduled for Aug. 3-4, and would instead give a speech at his alma mater, the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga. Owens will deliver his acceptance speech on campus Aug. 4.

What a complete focking clown.

Grow up you focking assfock

They should ban him from the HOF. Focking loser.

Both sides being immature about it.

Has anyone before TO that has been inducted into any HOF said they weren't going? :rolleyes:

Has anyone before TO that has been inducted into any HOF said they weren't going? :rolleyes:

They should let Jeff Garcia give his speech.

Both sides being immature about it.

This......in fact, you expect if from TO. The NFL looks even worse imo.

This......in fact, you expect if from TO. The NFL looks even worse imo.

expect it? so that excuses it

and it's not the NFL

It's the HOF

expect it? so that excuses it

and it's not the NFL

It's the HOF

Oh yea, I meant the HOF....... It's a big middle finger to the writers really - some of them are just as pathetic as TO.

Serious question here: Has anybody with TOs qualifications and no known history of roids, gambling, arrests etc. ever been snubbed by the HOF?

They basically waited to induct him solely because hes a jerk.

what did I miss?

what's his beef with the HOF?

Wasn't there an article out there questioning if he could afford to go. I thought it said that you end up taking all kinds of family and friends with you and it gets expensive as hell. Maybe he's broke. Not that that would surprise anyone. :dunno:

That there are other people in it besides himself.

:lol:

Serious question here: Has anybody with TOs qualifications and no known history of roids, gambling, arrests etc. ever been snubbed by the HOF?

They basically waited to induct him solely because hes a jerk.

Wait a minute. Where is the snub? Was he inducted or not?

This isn't MLB, no one gives a sh1t if it was 1st ballot.

Wait a minute. Where is the snub? Was he inducted or not?

This isn't MLB, no one gives a sh1t if it was 1st ballot.

So ... going to answer my question?

Wasn't there an article out there questioning if he could afford to go. I thought it said that you end up taking all kinds of family and friends with you and it gets expensive as hell. Maybe he's broke. Not that that would surprise anyone. :dunno:

He definitely blew all or most of his $. That was why he had that stupid reality gig. ~ $80 million gone. He's a complete moron. Great player but a moron.

Yeah, he's pissed about not being inducted on 1st ballot but there's a good chance he would have done something really stupid and embarrassing if he was there even on 1st ballot so they are lucky he's not there.

So ... anybody with his qualifications and no history of off field offenses forced to wait solely cause hes a jerk?

Simple politics of HOF voting. You screw with some writers, they stick together and punish you. That's what happened.

Simple politics of HOF voting. You screw with some writers, they stick together and punish you. That's what happened.

I get it, I just think its petty. I congratulate TO for giving them the finger. His #s speak for themselves.

So ... anybody with his qualifications and no history of off field offenses forced to wait solely cause hes a jerk?

Is he in the HOF or not?

what else matters?

Took Jim Rice 15 years. did you see him throw a trump tantrum?

Is he in the HOF or not?

what else matters?

Took Jim Rice 15 years. did you see him throw a trump tantrum?

So youre not going to answer my question. :(

So youre not going to answer my question. :(

stop playing pretend. T.O. hasn't been snubbed.

stop playing pretend. T.O. hasn't been snubbed.

It was a simple question ed.

It was a simple question ed.

FAKE NEWS! I don't take questions from MDC!

I get why TO has not gotten in yet, I think the voters did see him as a jerk, and frankly he is a jerk. But the HOF should be about performance over such things.

Not saying I agree with the treatment he got, but I understand.

Now he is missing the opportunity to change his image, and is instead doubling-down on it. It is clear he does not perceive the world accurately, I suspect he has and will continue to miss out on opportunities because he is such a dooshbag.

I get why TO has not gotten in yet, I think the voters did see him as a jerk, and frankly he is a jerk. But the HOF should be about performance over such things.

Not saying I agree with the treatment he got, but I understand.

Now he is missing the opportunity to change his image, and is instead doubling-down on it. It is clear he does not perceive the world accurately, I suspect he has and will continue to miss out on opportunities because he is such a dooshbag.

I sort of get the bias against players who had a string or arrests or hurt the integrity of the game by cheating / gambling etc. TO is just a narcissistic jerk. Thats all he did and the guy is arguably the second best WR ever.

It was petty of the Hall to stiff him. Its also petty of TO to not show up but you know what? Fock em. His career speaks for itself.

I sort of get the bias against players who had a string or arrests or hurt the integrity of the game by cheating / gambling etc. TO is just a narcissistic jerk. Thats all he did and the guy is arguably the second best WR ever.

It was petty of the Hall to stiff him. Its also petty of TO to not show up but you know what? Fock em. His career speaks for itself.

I agree. What did he do wrong? So funny celebrations that everyone loved and made the game more popular? Act like a diva on the sideline like most wrs do? He isnt a criminal or scumbag and shouldn’t be treated like one.

I agree. What did he do wrong? So funny celebrations that everyone loved and made the game more popular? Act like a diva on the sideline like most wrs do? He isnt a criminal or scumbag and shouldnt be treated like one.

He destroyed my team by being a psychopath in 2005 and I still love him. Andy Reid essentially deactivated him for a year and I bet the Big Cheeseburger still loves him too. All the dude ever did was be crazy. He was an incredible WR and an incredible entertainer.

He destroyed my team by being a psychopath in 2005 and I still love him. Andy Reid essentially deactivated him for a year and I bet the Big Cheeseburger still loves him too. All the dude ever did was be crazy. He was an incredible WR and an incredible entertainer.

???? He wasn't a Jet in 2005.

FAKE NEWS! I don't take questions from MDC!

:lol: