Sign in to follow this  
OldMaid

12 Geeks 1 Cup

superflex actually makes a league less challenging as there are almost 0 scenarios where you would want a non QB in the flex. Unless QB scoring is really watered down or you have amazing options at RB or WR, even a bottom barrel QB can win you any given week as your flex. Injury issues? just grab the best available starting QB.... cut and paste.

whatever we do is fine, but just to debate...there will be almost no QBs available, maybe the back up to injured player. In this league with 18 rds, I would guess 40 qbs would be taken. You would need to be prepared. In a normal draft, the 1st 4 rds are 22 rbs, 22 wrs, 2 qbs, 2 tes. You know the runs. With the qb flex, its something like 17,17,12,2. I also think it would lead to more trading...we've had very little in all the years of 12 geeks.

Yes, the rules will be set pre draft...duh.

• Like 1

Didn’t Rockford want in this last year? I say we give him a go before 90’sBigBaby.

Didnt Rockford want in this last year? I say we give him a go before 90sBigBaby.

He would be in the thread if he wanted in.

He would be in the thread if he wanted in.

Shhh.... you’re not helping. :D

whatever we do is fine, but just to debate...there will be almost no QBs available, maybe the back up to injured player. In this league with 18 rds, I would guess 40 qbs would be taken. You would need to be prepared. In a normal draft, the 1st 4 rds are 22 rbs, 22 wrs, 2 qbs, 2 tes. You know the runs. With the qb flex, its something like 17,17,12,2. I also think it would lead to more trading...we've had very little in all the years of 12 geeks.

Yes, the rules will be set pre draft...duh.

in a non superflex, 24 QBs will normall be rostered. In a superflex, yes, they will all be rostered but the point is, it will almost always be better to get that 3rd QB you drafted (bottom of the barrel starter) into that flex spot than even a decent RB or WR....

i mean i'll play whatever, its a free fun league I just hate superflex.

I'll commish if no one else wants to.

2 votes on the table.

1) flex is WR/TE or RB/WR/TE

2) do we want a league fee?

I'll stay out of the vote.

• Like 1

2 votes on the table.

Are there threads for these votes?

2 votes on the table.

RB/WR/TE flex , I'm good with a fee.

no change/no fee

2 votes on the table.

1) vote in favor of 1 mandatory rb (instead of 2) with 2 flex (either 2 rb/wr/te, or 1 rb/wr/te and 1 wr/te)

2) indifferent. will go with majority.

Rb/wr/te flex

Id prefer free but Ill do fee if thats what everyone decides

If you need a 12th, I will be in it. Hate to see the league not be a go

That's how I feel. I like the guys/girl and want the league to continue but have been slow to sign up. I'd not paid attention to the NFL last year due to the kneeling (crisis?) and have been slow to getting around to it this year both due to vacation and motivation issues.

Since the NFL's solution was less bad than I expected and thought I'd give it another go. But by not paying attention last year, I'm not as tuned in as I'm use to being, am uncomfortable and rusty and would have to half ass it.

You can have my spot.

That's how I feel. I like the guys and want it to continue but am slow to sign up. I'd not paid attention to the NFL last year due to the kneeling (crisis?) and have been slow to getting around to it this year both due to vacation and motivation issues. I'd thought the NFL's solution was less bad than I expected and thought I'd give it another go. But by not paying attention last year, I'm not as tuned in as I'm use to being and would have to half ass it.

You can have my spot.

Cool man thanks. Iam back in, please update the roll call

Anyone mind if I remain as commish too?

As for voting, yes, on rb-wr-te flex

Cash, no. I would vote yes but payment needs to be made electronically and before the draft. I don't think 11 others could comply.

Roll Call Update

Old Maid - In

Herb - In

Tanatastic - In

Digby - In

shotsup - In

Bier - In

Whitewonder - In

Mookz - In

vuduchile - In

shorepatrol - In

90s baby - In

Heavy set - in

Once the voting is finalized, ill do the draft order. I may need a few email addresses, ill let you know as the draft order is emailed by an independent web site

Draft to start Monday the 27th, that's the first day after week 3 of the preseason.

Once the voting is finalized, ill do the draft order. I may need a few email addresses, ill let you know as the draft order is emailed by an independent web site

Draft to start Monday the 27th, that's the first day after week 3 of the preseason.

So you ARE in and as commish again I see. Very nice :thumbsup:

no change/no fee

This. :thumbsup:

Sorry/not sorry to see you go, Volts. You always seemed to have your eye on the same players as I did, and quite often ganked me. <_<

payment needs to be made electronically and before the draft.

20 a piece winner take all is fun

• Like 1

The rb-wr-te flex is a go. Including myself, I count 5, with 5 others still to vote

Need more votes on cash.

Cash, no. I would vote yes but payment needs to be made electronically and before the draft. I don't think 11 others could comply.

you got it heavy

:thumbsup:

This. :thumbsup:

Sorry/not sorry to see you go, Volts. You always seemed to have your eye on the same players as I did, and quite often ganked me. <_<

Thanks.

I always seem to make the semifinals and lose despite half the team I drafted being on IR by then. That changed last year when -well half of them were on IR again- but at long last, I finally burst through to the championship game only to lose there.

It's my aptitude for plugging holes mid-season with waiver wire fodder that keeps me floating along longer than my expiration date.

volty- on a selfish note, sorry to see you go. you're a good man charley brown.

volty- on a selfish note, sorry to see you go. you're a good man charley brown.

This. Id rather you stay, and we drop the last guy we let in. Youre a much better guy all the way around and back again.

Edit: Almost forgot to vote... Im for keeping things the same, but will be fine if we add RB to the flex position, I guess.

• Like 2

This. Id rather you stay, and we drop the last guy we let in. Youre a much better guy all the way around and back again.

Be careful- your boner is sticking out

Be careful- your boner is sticking out

Not really... 90’s sets the bar petty low.

Not really... 90s sets the bar petty low.

I didn't know we were talking about 90's. Come on Volty don't screw us like that !!!!

rb/wr/te flex

a fee is fine since i'm better than most of you (until i come in last) :thumbsup:

i have all the emails. Ill get the draft order set, via a random generator, via email, tomorrow evening.

good luck!

i have all the emails. Ill get the draft order set, via a random generator, via email, tomorrow evening.

good luck!

For the love of God give me a dam better pick than Ive had the last 3 years in this league

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">1) flex is WR/TE or RB/WR/TE</p>

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;"> </p>

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">shorepatrol - RB/WR/TE</p>

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Mookz - WR/TE</p>

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">BierMeister - offered his own theory</p>

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">vuduchile - RB/WR/TE</p>

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">tanatastic - RB/WR/TE</p>

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">shotsup - wrote flex 3 what ever the f that means..we'll assume RB/WR/TE</p>

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Digby - RB/WR/TE</p>

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">heavy - RB/WR/TE</p>

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">90s - RB/WR/TE</p>

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">whitewonder - RB/WR/TE</p>

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Old Maid - WR/TE  </p>

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">7 firm for RB/WR/TE </p>

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">2) do we want a league fee?</p>

<p> </p>

<p>shorepatrol - Yes</p>

<p>Mookz - No</p>

<p>BierMeister - will do what he is told</p>

<p>vuduchile - Yes</p>

<p>tanatastic - Yes</p>

<p>shotsup - No</p>

<p>Digby - No, but ok</p>

<p>heavy - No, but open</p>

<p>90s - Yes</p>

<p>whitewonder - Yes</p>

<p>Old Maid - </p>