Sign in to follow this  
fandandy

Supremes Overturn Texas Abortion Limits

Presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton, in a series of Tweets, hailed the decision as "a victory for women" -- but said there's more work to be done.

Over 1,000,000 babies a year is not enough. Go Hillary!

Presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton, in a series of Tweets, hailed the decision as "a victory for women" -- but said there's more work to be done.

Over 1,000,000 babies a year is not enough. Go Hillary!

now imagine all those unwanted kids running around. Unloved. Future criminals.

The law sucked and was meant to try and limit things rather than promote any safety or health.

Even a conservative justice voted against the damn thing.

But hey, im sure some will still act as if this was some pro - death stance as usual.

Nah, I am certain that if you stopped poor, uneducated people from having abortions, pro-lifers would line up to adopt those children so they wouldn't grow up to be the next generation of welfare siphoning gang bangers.

Nah, I am certain that if you stopped poor, uneducated people from having abortions, pro-lifers would line up to adopt those children so they wouldn't grow up to be the next generation of welfare siphoning gang bangers.

just like the pro immigration folks are opening up their homes to immigrants and refugees ? Like that ?

I love how the use the term unconstitutional.

There was never ANYTHING written in the Constitution about abortion

Yeah...Im guessing the justices understand what part of it was unconstitutional more than you.

just like the pro immigration folks are opening up their homes to immigrants and refugees ? Like that ?

There you go. You should be pro-choice AND anti-immigration, though I have a hunch that even though you are suggesting they are the same thing, you probably only support one of the two.

There you go. You should be pro-choice AND anti-immigration, though I have a hunch that even though you are suggesting they are the same thing, you probably only support one of the two.

I'm both :thumbsup:

I'm both :thumbsup:

Sweet, people on the Geek Club not being hypocritical for a change! This is a proud moment for the board.

Yeah...Im guessing the justices understand what part of it was unconstitutional more than you.

oh please just cause they throw the term around doesn't make it right

its funny this is considered a victory for women, when the basis of the law seems pretty damn reasonable to normal people. Of course apparently women are cool with crappy abortion clinics

In a 5-to-3 decision, the justices struck down a law that set strict regulations governing how abortion clinics operate. The Texas law, enacted in 2013, mainly required clinics providing abortion services to beef up their facilities to match walk-in surgical centers and mandated physicians performing abortions to have admitting privileges at local hospitals.

Whooooo hoooo women can legally have their kids sucked out in a filthy unsafe facility.

Winning!!!

oh please just cause they throw the term around doesn't make it right

its funny this is considered a victory for women, when the basis of the law seems pretty damn reasonable to normal people. Of course apparently women are cool with crappy abortion clinics

In a 5-to-3 decision, the justices struck down a law that set strict regulations governing how abortion clinics operate. The Texas law, enacted in 2013, mainly required clinics providing abortion services to beef up their facilities to match walk-in surgical centers and mandated physicians performing abortions to have admitting privileges at local hospitals.

Read the decision...not just headlines and blurbs.

Again...Im betting they have a much better grasp of the constitution than you ever will.

Whooooo hoooo women can legally have their kids sucked out in a filthy unsafe facility.

Winning!!!

That you think this had anything to do with safety or cleanliness is again showing your ignorance.

Read the decision...not just headlines and blurbs.

Again...Im betting they have a much better grasp of the constitution than you ever will.

read the whole article, there is a debate for each side, basically the debate from your side, is that it makes it harder to get an abortion, oh what a bummer.

again read the Constitution, and I still haven't found anywhere a single mention of abortion within the entirety.

even justices use the term incorrectly. thats ok, it fights their agenda, they just throw out "unconstitutional" whenever they want and it makes people think there are other people having their rights removed.

its a great buzzword

I love how the use the term unconstitutional.

There was never ANYTHING written in the Constitution about abortion

Other rights not in the Constitution...

Right to a Jury of Your Peers

Right to Vote

Right to Travel

Judicial Review

Right to Marriage

Right to Privacy

I'm guessing you believe you have those rights though...and just to help, perhaps you should read the 9th amendment again.

“The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.”

Or, you lack the understanding of what they are saying.

Breyer wrote that "the surgical-center requirement, like the admitting privileges requirement, provides few, if any, health benefits for women, poses a substantial obstacle to women seeking abortions and constitutes an 'undue burden' on their constitutional right to do so."

As I said...read the decision, not just the articles. Also, read up more on how the court has ruled about abortion and its constitutional support.

http://www.uclalawreview.org/the-equality-argument-for-abortion-rights/

They could carry them to full term then sell them to Disney to feed the gators. :dunno:

Abortion should not only be legal, it should be subsidized and encouraged.

Someday when I'm dictator, it will be.

More ammo for the Texit camp.

is there anything else we can do the speed this process along, like making big stupid hats a crime, officially declare the Cowboys ARE NOT America's team?

Like this was not predetermined. Texas is just wasting money on shitt like this.

How many different ways are conservatives going to attempt to take away women's rights and how many times do they have to get smacked in the nose until they finally wake up?

yes I know we conservatives are in the minority of thinking abortion is just wrong, its not a rights issue, its a morality issue. Parents, schools and everyone in general needs to do a better job educating about safe responsible sexual practice, and not planning on using an abortion (like 90%) as birth control

yes I know we conservatives are in the minority of thinking abortion is just wrong, its not a rights issue, its a morality issue. Parents, schools and everyone in general needs to do a better job educating about safe responsible sexual practice, and not planning on using an abortion (like 90%) as birth control

agree 100%. That's a totally separate issue though

I don't think 90% of people who have an anortion were using it like birth control.

Maybe after apologizing to the gays the pope will apologize for their stance on contraception.

I don't think 90% of people who have an anortion were using it like birth control.

then you don't know the statistics

of course you also don't think a woman deciding she just doesn't want to have a baby is birth control

Wrong? I hate that it exists...there are legit reasons for it.

And you cannot just legislate morality...because its not everyone's morals.

As for education...I agree. 90% using abortion as BC is complete BS...I don't recall if it was you last time trying that complete BS line or someone else...but its complete crap.

And lets not forget which side was against actual education and wanted the abstinence only BS that was proven to be ineffective.

It is most certainly a rights issue (as the SC has rulled time and time again)

yes it was me, I feel like if its not rape, incest, danger to mother, danger to child, then everything else is a birth control abortion. I find absolutely no other reason to legitimately have an abortion, and I don't think "cause I dont want to" is a rights issue. That wont change, as far as abstinence, yah that is BS agree. And yes womens rights to abortion is protected 10 fold by the govt, thats fine, its not a battle that is going to be won, quite frankly I feel its wrong, however we don't need millions of more unwanted children. We need better education

Maybe after apologizing to the gays the pope will apologize for their stance on contraception.

Why?

yes it was me, I feel like if its not rape, incest, danger to mother, danger to child, then everything else is a birth control abortion. I find absolutely no other reason to legitimately have an abortion, and I don't think "cause I dont want to" is a rights issue. That wont change, as far as abstinence, yah that is BS agree. And yes womens rights to abortion is protected 10 fold by the govt, thats fine, its not a battle that is going to be won, quite frankly I feel its wrong, however we don't need millions of more unwanted children. We need better education

most pro choicers agree with your opinion on morality. But there's no way to monitor that. Abortion is, and should be, legal.

Sorry, what you "feel" is not a factual basis or a legal one really.

Having an oops does not make it birth control.

then you don't know the statistics

of course you also don't think a woman deciding she just doesn't want to have a baby is birth control

Birth control implies that the woman is trying to avoid pregnancy. And I really doubt many women are opting to pay a few hundred dollars to undergo an abortion because it's more convenient than using a rubber. :doh:

Birth control implies that the woman is trying to avoid pregnancy. And I really doubt many women are opting to pay a few hundred dollars to undergo an abortion because it's more convenient than using a rubber. :doh:

What if they aren't paying?