Sign in to follow this  
The Football Guru

Trent Richardson

Dubbed by several draft analysts as the best running prospect in the draft since Peterson, Richardson is one of the rare running backs worth a top 10 overall selection in April. While Richardson is a high-level prospect, he lands in a division where at least two of the Browns' three rivals are annually in the top five against the run each season. With that said, it is hardly a fantasy exile as Cleveland has allowed a declining Jamal Lewis and a slightly above-average Peyton Hillis to be fantasy standouts when neither back possessed the ability Richardson does right now. Two of Richardson’s best traits as a runner are that he rarely ever goes down on first contact and possesses incredible vision – aspects that make the AP comparisons somewhat appropriate. While Richardson isn’t exactly an accomplished receiver, he is more than capable and should be able to post at least 30 receptions in his rookie season. As for the rushing attack in Cleveland, the Browns are one left guard away from having one of the better left sides in the NFL.

Considering the division in which he will be playing in and his current supporting cast, Richardson should fall just short of RB1 territory in redraft leagues this summer despite the fact he may be one of the 2-3 backs that may push 300+ carries. In 12-team leagues, he should go in the first half of Round 2.

6 games vs. Cincy baltimore and pittsburgh without a decent wr or qb...not a rb1 not even close

This assumes the Browns surround him with a bit more talent ;)

How was Hillis able to do it but Richardson won't come even close?

I'd ask you to get real :P

Do you not think he'll push 300 carries and 30 catches? If you agree with that, then suppose he averages just 3.5 YPC. Let's also say he then averages 7.5 yards/catch.

300 rushes x 3.5 = 1050 yards

30 catches x 7.5 = 245 yards

6 TDs

In PPR leagues, that comes out to just over 200 fantasy points. He's going to approach RB1 numbers (esp. with all the RBBCs) simply because his volume will be so much higher than most other backs. Notice I said "approach". Also keep in mind that the above averages (3.5/7.5 YPC) are probably a lot lower than what he'll actually put up. Last but not least, Pittsburgh is getting older on defense.

lol who thinks Hillis is better than Richardson? Really? There's no reason for Richardson not to do well there, they don't play Baltimore every week (and their D is aging anyway). Go Trent congrats! :overhead:

I love him to Cleveland because now I'll be able to get him for better value. He's going to be unstoppable.

I love him to Cleveland because now I'll be able to get him for better value. He's going to be unstoppable.

:thumbsup:

i hate giving away free advice...

but keep in mind with the NFL schedule now always having a division matchup in week 17...

one of the annual PIT, BALT or CINCY matchups will be irrelevant

Anyone know the name of the Ludracis song playing?

Country Sh*t