Sign in to follow this  
Cloaca du jour

Jay Novaceks son brain damaged

This story just coming out now. Evidently got wrecked by a frat brother and hit his head off a mantle. Been in a bad way..recall...speech...etc. suing now oklahoma

Damn that sucks

https://www.dallasobserver.com/news/ex-cowboy-jay-novaceks-son-struggles-after-an-alleged-hazing-at-ou-11156183

This story just coming out now. Evidently got wrecked by a frat brother and hit his head off a mantle. Been in a bad way..recall...speech...etc. suing now oklahoma

Damn that sucks

https://www.dallasobserver.com/news/ex-cowboy-jay-novaceks-son-struggles-after-an-alleged-hazing-at-ou-11156183

:shocking: :cry:

My thoughts and prayers are with them.

says he was blindfolded, sucker punched with a baseball bat and suffered irreparable brain damage during hazing.

Thats not hazing . Wtf

I don't remember these stories being so frequent back in my day. Worst you heard about was grapes in buttholes and the occasional house burning down.

It seems like we get a couple of these frat hazing gone bad stories every semester.

Hope he makes a full recovery.

That sucks to hear. :(

The Penn State kid who fell down a flight of stairs and his frat brothers left him on the couch for 12 hours before calling an ambulance is probably the most disturbing.

I remember watching the security footage of it when it was released, hard to comprehend.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2017/11/a-death-at-penn-state/540657/

There is zero reason why colleges still support, subsidize, and condone the Greek system.

Call me crazy, and I don't know how, but I'm willing to say money is involved. Because there really is no reason for this nonsense anymore.

Call me crazy, and I don't know how, but I'm willing to say money is involved. Because there really is no reason for this nonsense anymore.

I know at my alma mater (state school), they built a new greek row. The houses ranged from 1.1-1.9 million. The university loaned some of the money, and the national organizations loaned the rest. We're talking something in the 10-15 million dollars so a bunch of it dots can have fancy playhouses.

Each house has a full time live in state employee. There is a greek life office with a director and a staff. Why? Why is the rest of the student body and taxpayers funding the leisure activities of a small minority of the campus?

Last time I was in court in that county back when I practiced law, one of the fraternities had a lawyer in there suing kids for not paying their focking dues. I mean, jesus christ.

Oh thank God, when I saw the title I was dreading that someone was actually trying to claim that head injuries pass to the fetus.

Who is Jay Nova...? I'll Google it.

Shameful, I would never encourage a kid to join any of these things, though i have to admit they ALWAYS had the best parties on campus, bar none.

That's some bad CTE when your kids have brain damage.

Can you imagine Kim and Kanye's baby? I hope Range Rover makes short buses.

Shameful, I would never encourage a kid to join any of these things, though i have to admit they ALWAYS had the best parties on campus, bar none.

Yep, we did throw the best parties

Even more of a reason to eliminate the Greek Life at colleges...

Kind of a mixed bag. This particular friend also went gender-neutral in terms of admissions.

In fact, their first female candidate was Terri Schiavo.

I never got the appeal of frat parties. At my college, it basically consisted of standing in the yard of a packed to the gills house waiting in line for the keg of natty light, and scattering once an hour when the cops showed up.

I do remember one where they filled the whole basement and yard two feet deep in sand and had a beach party. All the sorostitutes were in hula getup. That was pretty cool. Im sure the pledges had fun shoveling that up the next day.