Sign in to follow this  
"Ash vs. Evil Dead" on Starz...

http://deadline.com/2014/11/the-evil-dead-series-ash-vs-evil-dead-sam-raimi-bruce-campbell-starz-1201280595/

The Evil Dead movie franchise has officially crossed over to television with a 10-episode straight-to-series order from Starz for a 2015 premiere. Titled Ash Vs. Evil Dead, the followup to the classic film franchise reteams the original filmmakers, director Sam Raimi, longtime producing partner Rob Tapert and star Bruce Campbell who will serve as executive producers. Campbell will be reprising his role as Ash, the stock boy, aging lothario and chainsaw-handed monster hunter who has spent the last 30 years avoiding responsibility, maturity and the terrors of the Evil Dead. When a Deadite plague threatens to destroy all of mankind, Ash is finally forced to face his demons personal and literal. Destiny, it turns out, has no plans to release the unlikely hero from its Evil grip.

Raimi will direct the first episode of Ash Vs. Evil Dead, which he co-wrote with his brother Ivan Raimi (Darkman) and Tom Spezialy (Chuck). Evil Dead has always been a blast, Raimi said. Bruce, Rob, and I are thrilled to have the opportunity to tell the next chapter in Ashs lame, but heroic saga. With his chainsaw arm and his boomstick, Ash is back to kick some monster butt. And brother, this time theres a truckload of it.

Ash vs. Evil Dead also reunites Sam Raimi and Tapert with Starz where they executive produced the pay cable networks first scripted hit, drama Spartacus. Ivan Raimi will co-executive produce the series, and Aaron Lam (Spartacus) will serve as producer.

Fans have been buzzing about an Evil Dead series since Sam Raimi announced at Comic-Con where he and Campbell are hugely popular that he was working on it. Im really excited to bring this series to the Evil Dead fans worldwide its going to be everything they have been clamoring for: serious deadite ass-kicking and plenty of outrageous humor, said Campbell.

The original Evil Dead film followed Ash and his friends who travel to a cabin in the woods, where they unknowingly release demons intent on possessing the living. It was a hit, spawning a franchise that including two sequels directed by Raimi, produced by Talpert and starring Campbell, as well as video games and comic books. There was also a recent feature reboot produced by Raimi and Talpert and directed by Fede Alvarez.

Ash Vs. Evil Dead was packaged by CAA and Craig Jacobson.

The first Evil Dead movie is just great, perfect mix of campy humor and balls out horror. The second was good but IMO definitely suffered a little from coming down on the slapstick comedy side. Army of Darkness is almost unwatchable and I don't have high hopes for a series.

The first Evil Dead movie is just great, perfect mix of campy humor and balls out horror. The second was good but IMO definitely suffered a little from coming down on the slapstick comedy side. Army of Darkness is almost unwatchable and I don't have high hopes for a series.

Army of Darkness rules.

Agree with every word, except I'll give the series a chance

I've got my dvr set to record. The wife and I are going to a Halloween costume party out at a place where food trucks gather and there's a bar for beer so I'll watch it when I get back

I've got my dvr set to record. The wife and I are going to a Halloween costume party out at a place where food trucks gather and there's a bar for beer so I'll watch it when I get back

A bar with beer? Look at you, Mr. Fancy pants

lol here let me explain. The place has a bar outside (sometimes people will think it would only serve non alcoholic beverages) that serves beer and other beverages. It is underneath an overhang with tables and chairs with a coupl tvs above the bar. Then there are more tables out from underneath the overhang. Set up to the sides of all that are a bunch of food trucks you can choose to eat at. There is also a place set up for when a dj or a band will come out and play which is happening tonight. Then they also have corn hole in the middle where the grass is. Pretty nice place to go chill out at and have a few beers along with some food

Sounds like he's at the same bar I proved Wiffleliar was at the night he had to cradle that ladies brains in his hand while yelling "STELLLLAAAA!!!" Or whatever.

You guys can be nasty. Let the man enjoy his Halloween party.

So has anyone been watching?

Big fan of the series, even got to meet Campbell back in college, so definitely watching. Series vs movies, developing story lines vs non-stop action---pacing seems off. Still there have been some really fun sequences, car fight had me laughing.

Big fan of the series, even got to meet Campbell back in college, so definitely watching. Series vs movies, developing story lines vs non-stop action---pacing seems off. Still there have been some really fun sequences, car fight had me laughing.

Yeah there are some pretty funny moments in each episode so far...

Hasn't been too much of a letdown. Definitely some funny scenes and good one liners from Campbell

Canceled...

http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/ash-vs-evil-dead-canceled-starz-1202775341/

“Ash vs. Evil Dead” has been canceled at Starz, Variety has confirmed.

The series will air its third season finale on April 29, which will now serve as the series finale. The series saw Bruce Campbell reprise the role of Ash Williams, the chainsaw-wielding anti-hero tasked with saving the world from evil in the “Evil Dead” film franchise. The series also starred Dana DeLorenzo, Ray Santiago, and Lucy Lawless.

The third season saw Ash, having gone from murderous urban legend to humanity-saving hometown hero, discovering that he has a long-lost daughter who has been entrusted in his care. Meanwhile, Kelly (DeLorenzo) witnessed a televised massacre with Ruby’s (Lawless) fingerprints all over it, and she returned with a new friend to warn Ash and Pablo (Santiago) that evil wasn’t done with them yet.

Campbell was also an executive producer on the series, along with Sam Raimi and Rob Tapert from the original film franchise. The show had seen a steep fall off in its ratings during Season 3, averaging just a 0.08 rating in adults 18-49 and 177,000 viewers per episode with two episodes remaining in the season.

Canceled...

http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/ash-vs-evil-dead-canceled-starz-1202775341/

Ash vs. Evil Dead has been canceled at Starz, Variety has confirmed.

The series will air its third season finale on April 29, which will now serve as the series finale. The series saw Bruce Campbell reprise the role of Ash Williams, the chainsaw-wielding anti-hero tasked with saving the world from evil in the Evil Dead film franchise. The series also starred Dana DeLorenzo, Ray Santiago, and Lucy Lawless.

The third season saw Ash, having gone from murderous urban legend to humanity-saving hometown hero, discovering that he has a long-lost daughter who has been entrusted in his care. Meanwhile, Kelly (DeLorenzo) witnessed a televised massacre with Rubys (Lawless) fingerprints all over it, and she returned with a new friend to warn Ash and Pablo (Santiago) that evil wasnt done with them yet.

Campbell was also an executive producer on the series, along with Sam Raimi and Rob Tapert from the original film franchise. The show had seen a steep fall off in its ratings during Season 3, averaging just a 0.08 rating in adults 18-49 and 177,000 viewers per episode with two episodes remaining in the season.

I am sad. This was such a great series.

Friend of mine in college watched the movie many times. Did shrooms one night and he was convinced his right hand was going to kill him. We duct taped his hands into balls like boxing gloves. Next morning he was taking a sh!t. Took us hours to un tape him. He had no idea why we saved his hands.