Sign in to follow this  
Alias Detective

Kids walking out of school in protest

Kids, yes, kids are walking out of school in protest of lacking gun laws.

What do you do as Superintendent?

What do you do as a parent?

I suspend them for a week. They are hurting no one but themselves but if they want to do that they will face repercussions beyond the time they chose to miss.

I know whenever we walked out in protest of something, I only did it to get out of class. Maybe a few of the people organizing it cared about the cause but most of us just wanted to go home.

• Like 1

Whatever the punishment the school has for such an occurrence. At my HS, you skipped school unexcused, it was a day of in-school suspension. To me that was the absolute worst, 8 hours of quiet time in a room off of the principal's office, only allowed to bring in school books.

Of course it just made me more resourceful in making sure my absences were excused.

As a parent, I'd tell my kids to get back to school and stop being askholes.

Would that be aksholes in Detroit?

I see all replies are is if you were superintendent. What if your child participated and felt strongly about the cause?

I would tell them nothing has every been accomplished by a protest or a walkout, and only thru hard work you will be able to achieve anything

I would tell them next time you do it, you aren't leaving the house for a month, cause until you are 18 you have no rights

• Like 1

Would that be aksholes in Detroit?

Axholes

am I a snowflake superintendent? If so I'd protest with them. If not, I'd call in the truancy officer.

:dunno:

If you can support yourself. Go ahead and protest whatever/however you want.

If you're not paying the bills. Then get your @ss back to class.

Axholes

That's what I was thinking. But since I grew up in civilization, just north of Eight Mile in Macomb County, I couldn't say.

I didn't venture south of Eight Mile very often. Too many axholes there causing too many bullet holes. It was a Black Lives Matter wet dream city run by a mayor who loves murders, thieves, arsonists, and drug dealers and who also hated the cops because they were racists.

So do the kids have any other forum to use to voice their feelings (which are FEAR), other than to join together to draw attention?

So do the kids have any other forum to use to voice their feelings (which are FEAR), other than to join together to draw attention?

yes, quit pushing false narratives that they are all going to die, yes it will happen again, but their protests do nothing, their fear brings out more wackos

quit publicizing the killer for a start, dont let the killers name be known

If my kid felt strongly about the cause, Id buy a Kevlar vest and tell him to wear that to school to make his point.

If he was just taking advantage of a chance at a day off, Id tell him to quit being a doosh and go to class.

The mother who organized this walk out works for CNN :dunno: Weird.

very seldom protests work like almost to the point of never

http://www.upworthy.com/7-times-in-us-history-when-people-protested-and-things-changed

3 times since 1900 protests are what lead to change. Imagine the number of protests we have seen in the last 10 years, again accomplishes nothing

As long as the protests are peaceful and the participants are willing to accept the consequences of their actions, who cares? The First Amendment is far more important than the 2nd.

As long as the protests are peaceful and the participants are willing to accept the consequences of their actions, who cares? The First Amendment is far more important than the 2nd.

I am ok with that, its just what I tell my kid, and my kid doesnt have 1st amendment rights til hes 18

That's what I was thinking. But since I grew up in civilization, just north of Eight Mile in Macomb County, I couldn't say.

I didn't venture south of Eight Mile very often. Too many axholes there causing too many bullet holes. It was a Black Lives Matter wet dream city run by a mayor who loves murders, thieves, arsonists, and drug dealers and who also hated the cops because they were racists.

:cheers:

very seldom protests work like almost to the point of never

http://www.upworthy.com/7-times-in-us-history-when-people-protested-and-things-changed

3 times since 1900 protests are what lead to change. Imagine the number of protests we have seen in the last 10 years, again accomplishes nothing

That article doesnt say that those are the ONLY protests that worked. There have been many many protests that have worked. There were protests about sweat shop conditions in the early 1900s that brought about change. They were going to build a super highway through lower Manhattan that would have wiped out neighborhoods like Soho that was stopped and canceled by protesters. I have read of people protesting strip clubs in their neighborhoods and getting them shutdown. A few years ago I remember there was a protest against Applebees because they discriminated against public breastfeeding. Applebee changed their policy. Sam Adams, MLK and Gandhi all brought about historic changes with protests.

Id take em to the pizza dungeon. Teach em a lesson AND all my lib friends could have a good time :wub:

Ive been called both this week, am I invited to the pizza party?

Both what? A pizza and a dungeon?

• Like 1

Ill have to run it by the Deep State first. Ill put in a good word for ya though ;)

Kids were talking about this on the way to school today. Was supposedly going to be a walk out at 10am...have not heard if it happened or not. Guessing with middle school kids it was mostly talk and with rain today they wouldn't.

also, after a bomb threat on the school and what happened at their school Friday...not sure they would.

What I told them...if they do it...do it because its something you believe in and understand. And realize that there are consequences for your actions. Be prepared to deal with the school consequences and that of your parents.

My son asked me what I would do if he got suspended for walking out or disciplined for walking out. I told him Id ask him why he did it...if he could explain that he understood why and had a sound reason...what the school would do would be punishment enough.

If he didn't understand and was just doing it because friends were...then my wife and I would be doling out our own punishment as well.

• Like 1

Looks like I'm going to be laying out for private school. Thanks sick society.

Because nothing bad can happen at a private school?

Because nothing bad can happen at a private school?

Yes. That's exactly right. Nothing ever bad happens in a private school. Some bad things happen in the suburbs, but it's still safer than the ghetto. Understand now? And besides, it's not just about safety. It's also about the sick society I mentioned.

I’m betting they are in more demand than ever and have waiting lists now. A few more years of this and home online school will be the thing and parents won’t even want their kids leaving the house.

Im betting they are in more demand than ever and have waiting lists now. A few more years of this and home online school will be the thing and parents wont even want their kids leaving the house.

Yes. I'll have no problem getting them in but as the demand increases so will the price.