• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#41 cyclone24

cyclone24

FF Geek

• Members
  • 16,140 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 01:06 PM

Sorry I meant Kawhi could be on the move....

Ohhhh... Yes yes. Heard Boston might be a possibility. That would be something.
Kid i wish i could buy you at what youre really worth and sell you for what you think youre worth
Mickey Mantle to Joe Pepitone.

#42 nobody

nobody

FF Geek

• Members
  • 22,226 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 02:03 PM

Boston is a good idea. He should just go play on whatever team Kyrie is on for the rest of his career.

#43 Strike

Strike

FF Geek

• Members
  • 27,698 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 03:51 PM

So Kawhi wants out and prefers the Lakers.  Hmmmmm........

2008 Geek Bored Football Pick'em Champion

#44 cyclone24

cyclone24

FF Geek

• Members
  • 16,140 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 04:47 PM

So Kawhi wants out and prefers the Lakers.  Hmmmmm........

Lakers now 6-1 odds with rumors of LBJ and Leonard coming...
Kid i wish i could buy you at what youre really worth and sell you for what you think youre worth
Mickey Mantle to Joe Pepitone.

#45 KSB2424

KSB2424

FF Geek

• Members
  • 34,445 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 12:03 PM

Rumors are the Cavs are trying to trade the #8 Pick in this years draft plus pretty much any combo of players not named Love or LeBron to pry Kawhi from the Spurs.

Disclaimer: I have no focking idea what I'm talking about.

"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile." Albert Einstein

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

#46 Herbivore

Herbivore

FF Geek

• Members
  • 4,145 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 12:41 PM

Rumors are the Cavs are trying to trade the #8 Pick in this years draft plus pretty much any combo of players not named Love or LeBron to pry Kawhi from the Spurs.

that can't be enough

12 Geeks 1 Cup 2017
Qb - Brady, Garoppolo
Rb - Ingram, Rawls, West, Vereen, Gio, Carson

Wr - Evans, Landry, Cobb, Matthews, Mitchell, Perriman
Te - Gronk, Allen
K - Lutz
D - Steelers

IR - Ware

#47 Mike Honcho

Mike Honcho

FF Geek

• Members
  • 13,068 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 12:56 PM

Lakers now 6-1 odds with rumors of LBJ and Leonard coming...

I will make the most :shocking: face ever, if Pop trades Leonard to the Lakers.

that can't be enough

Think it would take at least top 3 pick + assets Cleveland doesn't have to get Kawhi.  Boston might have enough to swing a deal for him, but that might be short-sighted with Kyrie able to leave after this year  and Kawhi able to leave one year later.    :dunno:   It's going to be a very interesting offseason. 

#48 Reality

Reality

FF Geek

• Members
  • 11,890 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 03:02 PM

No chance that's enough.

#49 MDC

MDC

FF Geek

• Members
  • 52,707 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 03:08 PM

Shouldnt the Cavs be giving up assets to unload their non Bron/Live roster dreck onto somebody else?
This is my signature. There are many others like it, but this one is mine.

#50 cbfalcon

cbfalcon

FF Geek

• Members
  • 18,011 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 03:09 PM

Why wouldn't they offer Love up in a deal for Kawhi?

I like steak

#51 DankNuggs

DankNuggs

FF Geek

• Members
  • 18,595 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 03:17 PM

I see Lebron going to Houston.... Maybe they let CP3 go to free up $. Team is constructed similar to the Cle championship teams, but with better players.... Dynamic PG in Harden, Capela is a rich mans version of Tristan Thompson. Ariza at wing, some glue guys on the bench. 

Bruins > Habs

Spending cuts without any tax hike concessions are immoral

#52 KSB2424

KSB2424

FF Geek

• Members
  • 34,445 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 03:43 PM

Why wouldn't they offer Love up in a deal for Kawhi?

I'm sure when the Spurs decline, He'll be offered.  :dunno:

Is Kevin Love, the 8th pick (in a good draft), next years 1st (probably a late one)  and lets say Jordan Clarkston (or whatever young player they want).....enough?

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

#53 Mike Honcho

Mike Honcho

FF Geek

• Members
  • 13,068 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 05:10 PM

Is Kevin Love, the 8th pick (in a good draft), next years 1st (probably a late one)  and lets say Jordan Clarkston (or whatever young player they want).....enough?

Just throwing it out for comparison.

The Chicago Bulls had traded three-time All-Star Jimmy Butler and the 16th overall pick Thursday night to the Minnesota Timberwolves for Zach LaVine, Kris Dunn and the No. 7 overall pick.

The trade brings together Butler and Wolves coach and president Thibodeau, who coached the Bulls for five seasons before being fired in 2015. Butler gives Thibodeau the tough-minded scorer and hard-nosed defender that he has been searching for to complement a promising young core.

The Wolves paid a big price: Besides surrendering the lottery pick, they gave up a rising star in LaVine, who is coming off of a torn ACL and Dunn, last year's No. 5 overall pick.

#54 Herbivore

Herbivore

FF Geek

• Members
  • 4,145 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 07:56 AM

I don't think so, but I don't think too much of Kevin Love, at least not a trade chip.  You have to LOVE the #8 pick.  next years first, and clarkson are worth almost nothing.  They'll(SA) get a better offer from someone else.  Lebron is moving on from Cleveland.  

12 Geeks 1 Cup 2017
Qb - Brady, Garoppolo
Rb - Ingram, Rawls, West, Vereen, Gio, Carson

Wr - Evans, Landry, Cobb, Matthews, Mitchell, Perriman
Te - Gronk, Allen
K - Lutz
D - Steelers

IR - Ware

#55 KSB2424

KSB2424

FF Geek

• Members
  • 34,445 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 09:00 AM

With the draft tonight we may see some Trades. 

Yesterday Hornets dealt Dwight Howard to the Nets for Timothy Mosgov, two second round picks and some cash.

Howard actually played well last year for Charlotte but he rubbed a lot the wrong way in the locker room and this was the last year of his contract anyway.....so.....meh, whatever.   Mosgov sucks, but he's cheaper and only two years on his contract.   I guess it works for both teams but nothing really to see here.

#56 KSB2424

KSB2424

FF Geek

• Members
  • 34,445 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 10:13 AM

Latest "leans".

1. LeBron might actually stay in Cleveland

2. Kawhi is NOT staying with Spurs

3. Paul George might actually stay with OKC

Chris Paul, Boogie Cousin's etc wont be doing anything until the first three happens.

#57 RaiderHater's Revenge

RaiderHater's Revenge

FF Geek

• Members
  • 13,751 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 03:19 PM

Howard buyout, kinda surprised

Prof Stats- 12 man PPR Superflex, 4pt passing, 2 Keeps

QB- Mariota (4), Semian (FA)

RB- Leveon (K), Gordon (K), TWest (6), Thompson (10), Carson (12)

WR- Crabtree (2), Hill (T), Coleman (5), JJNelson (FA)

TE- Reed (T), Eifert (9)

IR- Coleman (5), Woodhead (7)