Sign in to follow this  
PunkRockRedneck

Aaron Jones taking the lead?

Saw this on Yahoo. I was expecting closer to 50/50 till I saw this. Anyone see anything else about Jones being the starter even if/when Ty comes back?

"ESPN's Rob Demovsky believes the Packers could start Aaron Jones regardless of Ty Montgomery's (ribs) status.

Advice: Jones has upgraded the Packers' run game the last two weeks, and is coming off a dominant showing against Dallas. He profiles as Green Bay's early-down back going forward, with Montgomery likely settling into a pass-game role. Jones is averaging 5.4 YPC and already leads the Packers in rushing. Even if Montgomery returns Sunday, Jones is the favorite for carries."

Yeah I saw it.

Now that makes my hold of J Williams worthless.

I expect that to be the case this week. At the very best, Monty will be playing with broken ribs not game tested. I could see a handful of touches to see how he handles them and how sore he is on Monday. I struggle to see a scenario where GB decides he goes back to anywhere near a full workload his first game back and with a viable (superior?) alternative.

Williams is a waste of roster space.

if ty montgomery is still hurt - this makes sense.

however, i just don't think he loses his job here, if healthy

At worst it's a committee. There's no way they are going to go away from Jones after how productive he looked.

I don't think Montgomery fits the mold of an early down back. You could see the difference in running style with Jones. I think Ty is a better fit for a change of pace role.

he may not really fit the mold, but i don't think he played his way out of a job earlier this season and committee does noone any good.

best chance for jones is that montgomery stays out

Surprisingly, the dude who owned Jones dropped him to pick up Mcfadden. I own Ty. Should I pick up Jones? Does it really help me to own both Packer backs in a standard league? A time share doesn't help me no matter who I play.

Wow, no wonder people are terrible stock pickers. I would say pickup Jones, just think of him as a high upside handcuff at this point.

Surprisingly, the dude who owned Jones dropped him to pick up Mcfadden. I own Ty. Should I pick up Jones? Does it really help me to own both Packer backs in a standard league? A time share doesn't help me no matter who I play.

If you got the ww priority I'd pickup Jones post haste

If you got the ww priority I'd pickup Jones post haste

Okay, I'm number 6 of 10 so let's see. I will know Sunday. I will have to give up Alex Collins though.

Differently give up Collins for Jones.

I think he will retain the first and second down work even when Ty is ready to return.