Sign in to follow this  
Big Guy

Pizza

If you have a Costco, they have bake-at-home pizzas that have lots of fixin's. :cheers:

Not sure if they do it like Sams...we used them for fun nights at my kid's middle school. Get the take and bake and then use the school kitchen to cook them.

Can call ahead and tell them how many you need and what you want on them.

Every trip to Wisconsin we get pizza from one of two places...actually go get or pick up from a place called Butch's in Kimberly. Great very thin crust, full of toppings all the way to the edge. Typical of Wisconsin bar style pizza very thin like that.

The other is a place in my home town of Menasha...Chef Fresh. Call ahead and tell them what you want and you bake it at home. Step Dad has a little table top pizza oven that cooks it up very nicely. Good thin crust as well and the oven gets the crust nice and crisp.

If you have a Costco, they have bake-at-home pizzas that have lots of fixin's. :cheers:

The worst. I wouldn't give that crap to a starving dog.

Why don't you try this concept: contribute to the thread

I am. Try this concept: STFU

Why don't you try this concept: contribute to the thread

He spent a decade not doing that as RP. Why would he start now? :wacko:

He spent a decade not doing that as RP. Why would he start now? :wacko:

There is no way he is RP. I refuse to believe it. RP had much better comebacks

As far as grocery store bring home and take pizzas, while I haven't had the ones mentioned in this thread, I always thought Jewel, a popular grocery store in IL (specifically Chicagoland area), had really good ones to bake at home.

I just saw on FB a bunch of people talking about how terrible Lou Malnatis is. That's some pizza snob shlt right there

Not this 💩 Again. I locally have the best pizza out therr

Not this 💩 Again. I locally have the best pizza out therr

You live in Fishtown? :o

I'm making low carb pizza tonight,interested to see how it turns out.

• Like 1

Youll probably lose 3 pounds immediately after eating it.

Details ?

Zucchini crust?

I was thinking cauliflower crust

let me know about that. i have significantly reduced my carbs and sugars and haven't had pizza in a while

Details ?

Recipe is from a friend

Got some large low carb tortillas at Sam's Club(net 5 carbs per) using a garlic and herb sauce,pepperoni,sausage,onion,and Italian cheese blend and bake.He says if you're craving pizza this does the trick so I'm going to give it a shot.probably end up rolling it up like a pizza burrito.

let me know about that. i have significantly reduced my carbs and sugars and haven't had pizza in a while

Don;t know about all places but our Pizza Hut and Cici's will make you a low carb bowl upon request.Basically it's a round foil pan,you choose ingredients and they bake.Granted no crust at all but if in a hurry it works.

• Like 1

Publix typically does...and what I use.

Over the last year...PizzaHut and PapaJohns quit delivering to our house (odd since we are not out in the middle of nowhere). They suck anyway...kids like some of the stuffed crust crap (solved when I make it myself putting sting cheese cut in half and then fold the crust over it when making our own). But sometimes its just too easy to call and order when in a pinch and don't have the stuff at the house to make your own.

I prefer homemade...less crap and sugar in the sauce...can put on it exactly what I want. Kids enjoy helping put toppings and the cheese on.

Yea publix is a good 25 minutes from where I stay. We only have food lion and IGA. But I discovered food lion does sometimes have pizza dough freshly made so if I want to make a pizza I buy it. If Im down at the beach then I always shop at publix and will pick up pizza dough.

Yea publix is a good 25 minutes from where I stay. We only have food lion and IGA. But I discovered food lion does sometimes have pizza dough freshly made so if I want to make a pizza I buy it. If Im down at the beach then I always shop at publix and will pick up pizza dough.

Publix and Kroger are mainly what we have ( a couple crappy food lion and piggly wiggly...but they are old stores)

Go to Public for meat as their meat department is miles ahead of Kroger. And for their Buy One Get One things. Otherwise its usually more expensive than Kroger in every day things.

For the non rich 40 dollars for a pizza crowd

Aldis has Mamma cozzis pizzas

All different kinds They are popular here. They are always fresh. And they are 5.99, easily feed 4.

They are in refrigerator section.

Im like you and like lots of sauce, these are pretty solid. I usually doctor up the toppings sometimes for extra peppers or pepperoni.

I live where the local pizza is shite. Have to drive 50 miles for a good thick pizza with a good italian sauce. None of that sweet crap.

Publix and Kroger are mainly what we have ( a couple crappy food lion and piggly wiggly...but they are old stores)

Go to Public for meat as their meat department is miles ahead of Kroger. And for their Buy One Get One things. Otherwise its usually more expensive than Kroger in every day things.

Meat, seafood, deli meats publix kicks ass. Hell they have the only milk that I buy there. Promise land milk. The vegetables and fruits look more vibrant there at publix to me than all the other stores as well

Ive been making my own. Not as expensive as you think. Think large scale and store the extra sauce and freeze your dough.

Key is to cook your crust... then put sauce and toppings on and then cook again for that crisp crust

How about the Piggly Wiggly?

Wow, been a long time since I heard that name.. My grandma would always make me walk to the PW and get stuff. :thumbsup:

Wow, been a long time since I heard that name.. My grandma would always make me walk to the PW and get stuff. :thumbsup:

I know of two around here. The closest one is an hour away. You dont see many piggly wigglys anymore. Or Winn Dixies either

I know of two around here. The closest one is an hour away. You dont see many piggly wigglys anymore. Or Winn Dixies either

Not in the south no PW. Wisconsin still has a lot near my family. Nice stores too.

I went ahead and made the low carb pizza for lunch as I hadn't pizza in over a month and this thread had me craving it.

It turned out fantastic

Look good. I've made similar with an (expensive) cauliflower crust.

These large tortillas are $4.99 for 20,I've always heard about the cauliflower crusts but never tried,just sounds too different,I take it you like it?

Ive found this Home run inn frozen pizza in SoCal and wasnt that impressed. I may need to try it again though.

When my daughter was diagnosed with Type 1 we (my wife) explored different low-carb crust options including cauliflower and chicken; I think the chicken one was our favorite. But none of them are terribly good so now when we want pizza we get... pizza.

Those tortilla ones of nzoner look like a pretty good compromise. :cheers:

These large tortillas are $4.99 for 20,I've always heard about the cauliflower crusts but never tried,just sounds too different,I take it you like it?

Almond flour works as well.

I'm gonna have to try that Screamin' Sicilian per the recommendations. I have seen them here locally but have always grabbed the Digiorno (meh) instead.