Sign in to follow this  
Mungwater

Houston flood day

I can't do it today. My Mom had knee repalcement surgery yesterday so I am taking care of my Dad. The power has been out at their house since 9:00am yesterday. He is at my house and is hating life right now so until the power is on at his house I have to baby sit.

Now tomorrow after work I will be in need of a beer or two or ten.

Do me a favor and tell your dad I asked about him. He was one of my favorite old guys of all time. The guy can make me crack up without even saying a word.

• Like 1

Do me a favor and tell your dad I asked about him. He was one of my favorite old guys of all time. The guy can make me crack up without even saying a word.

:thumbsup: Will do.

I am sure you would be laughing your azz off. He is pissing me off but I am sure you would find it entertaining.

Bert you working downtown? Could always do lukes in the afternoon

Yes sir. As long as the damn power comes back on today I am good with Lukes.

We could also do Ragin Cajun if he really wants crawfish. I could pick you up.

I have a fellow staff member and board member with me so I might have to plan accordingly. I already am getting a personal tour of the Cruz campaign hqs so I need to be present for some of the other meetings and functions :ninja:

Drinks tomorrow might work best if it's an option :thumbsup:

Mung if we meet you can't hold the ass whoopin I gave you in Homer's last week against me :banana:

Drinks tomorrow might work best if it's an option :thumbsup:

Sounds like a plan.

Also where are the focking hills in Houston? Its like Kansas, with buildings and palm trees.

Also where are the focking hills in Houston? Its like Kansas, with buildings and palm trees.

Hills? :lol:

The only hills around here are in the strip clubs.

Hey, they have a hill there, sure, there's only one but still...

In San Antonio a couple days ago they had hail the size of baseballs. Lots of people's cars were dented with the windows busted. Same for the house Windows. A lot of those were busted as well. I escaped just in time

I bet the Houston natives will tough up and handle this. But the Katrina transplants from NO will probably cause an uproar and the misalocation of resources.

I bet the Houston natives will tough up and handle this. But the Katrina transplants from NO will probably cause an uproar and the misalocation of resources.

Rita took them away long ago

Rita took them away long ago

I thought a lot of them stayed behind.

My bad I thought this thread was going to be about Whitney Houston's tub overflowing while she drowned.

Too soon?

My bad I thought this thread was going to be about Whitney Houston's tub overflowing while she drowned.

Too soon?

You would have to check the Blackwater thread.

Masraffs for dinner :dunno:

I thought a lot of them stayed behind.

With all due to my friends and colleagues and Houston, they did. The city went from 4 million to 5 million. Where the f*** you think they came from?

F*** the false narrative.

PBR

Lone Star :cheers: <_<

How could I forget. He's in Texas. Of course lone star would be the choice. :cheers:

Get the cool puzzle to solve on the bottom..

And here comes round two of the storms..

It was hilarious this morning on the news, it warned people of the usual suspects, and also made the point not to buy a used car in the next month or so. They're all the flooded out cars, but we all know they won't be sold here, Louisiana and Oklahoma are about to get some good deals on some cars

It was hilarious this morning on the news, it warned people of the usual suspects, and also made the point not to buy a used car in the next month or so. They're all the flooded out cars, but we all know they won't be sold here, Louisiana and Oklahoma are about to get some good deals on some ###### cars

I have no knowledge of this or know how but couldn't you buy those cars cheap as Fock then flip them for a good profit after they were restored? Just brain storming but like I said I have NO knowledge about the depreciation value or anything related to it

I have no knowledge of this or know how but couldn't you buy those cars cheap as Fock then flip them for a good profit after they were restored? Just brain storming but like I said I have NO knowledge about the depreciation value or anything related to it

And then six months later the mold starts to bloom and the entire frame is rusting out.........and you are long gone.

So cmh when do you get out of here, too bad we couldn't meet last night, let me know your plans and maybe we can get Bert to meet for lunch or an early beer

My plane departs at 2 so I'll prolly be heading to the airport shortly :(

Good luck with this damn rain!

Neal: What's the flight situation?

Del: Simple. There's no way on earth we're going to get out of here tonight. We'd have more luck playing pickup sticks with our butt-cheeks than we will getting a flight out of here before daybreak.

Neal: I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Del: Yeah, but by the time the airline cancels this flight, which they will sooner or later, you'd have more of a chance to find a three-legged ballerina than you would a hotel room.

Neal: Are you saying I could be *stuck* in Houston?

Del: I'm saying you *are* stuck in Houston.

The kid news is if my plane gets cancelled I may have a couple new drinking buddies :banana:

Also Bert rusty told me to tell you to call him

The kid news is if my plane gets cancelled I may have a couple new drinking buddies :banana:

Cmhiafp

You have zero idea of what you are talking about. As do most.

With all due to my friends and colleagues and Houston, they did. The city went from 4 million to 5 million. Where the f*** you think they came from?

F*** the false narrative.

And you'd be wrong as well. A million? Not even close.

It was hilarious this morning on the news, it warned people of the usual suspects, and also made the point not to buy a used car in the next month or so. They're all the flooded out cars, but we all know they won't be sold here, Louisiana and Oklahoma are about to get some good deals on some ###### cars

Where do you guys get your info? You're wrong on so many levels. Totaled cars are flagged. Especially flooded ones. The majority will be flagged as such and sold for parts or crushed if the water line exceeded the dash or computer.

And then six months later the mold starts to bloom and the entire frame is rusting out.........and you are long gone.

Frames rust out in salt water. Houston is experiencing fresh water flooding. Rain is fresh water. According to your logic, don't drive in the rain or your sh!ts going to rust? :rollseyes:

I appraised a few thousand flooded vehicles after Katrina. Many brand new ones on car lots in eastern New Orleans where it flooded the worst. Not one dealership sold a newcar on a lot for any amount if money. Salt water destroyed those vehicles. The electrical systems were so damaged that theycouldnt. They would be liable for any future problems even if the buyer replaced all of the computers and electrical systems. The majority of new and used cars were destroyed. Cadillac was the first to do this. All of the other major car dealerships followed suit.

They carry insurance just like you and Ido. And the insurance companies took a beating. Which is why ten years later that LA has the highest insurance rates in the country.

You have zero idea of what you are talking about. As do most.

Oh, so NO handled Katrina so well?