Sign in to follow this  
Mike Honcho

Secret CIA assessment says Russia was trying to help Trump win White House

Washington Post

The CIA has concluded in a secret assessment that Russia intervened in the 2016 election to help Donald Trump win the presidency, rather than just to undermine confidence in the U.S. electoral system, according to officials briefed on the matter.

Intelligence agencies have identified individuals with connections to the Russian government who provided WikiLeaks with thousands of hacked emails from the Democratic National Committee and others, including Hillary Clinton’s campaign chairman, according to U.S. officials. Those officials described the individuals as actors known to the intelligence community and part of a wider Russian operation to boost Trump and hurt Clinton’s chances.

“It is the assessment of the intelligence community that Russia’s goal here was to favor one candidate over the other, to help Trump get elected,” said a senior U.S. official briefed on an intelligence presentation made to U.S. senators. “That’s the consensus view.”

The CIA shared its latest assessment with key senators in a closed-door briefing on Capitol Hill last week, in which agency officials cited a growing body of intelligence from multiple sources. Agency briefers told the senators it was now “quite clear” that electing Trump was Russia’s goal, according to the officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss intelligence matters.

:shocking:

• Like 1

CIA report leaves GOP leaders facing an impossible choice

The Washington Post is now reporting that the CIA has concluded something widely suspected but never flatly stated by the intelligence community: that Russia moved deliberately to help elect Donald Trump as president of the United States — not just to undermine the U.S. political process more generally.

The Post's report cites officials who say they have identified individuals connected to the Russian government who gave WikiLeaks emails hacked from the Democratic National Committee and top Hillary Clinton aide John Podesta. One official described the conclusion that this was intended to help Trump as “the consensus view.”

The report highlights and exacerbates the increasingly fraught situation in which congressional Republicans find themselves with regard to Russia and Trump. By acknowledging and digging into the increasing evidence that Russia helped — or at least attempted to help — tip the scales in Trump’s favor, they risk raising questions about whether Trump would have won without Russian intervention.

Trump, after all, won by a margin of about 80,000 votes cast across three states, winning each of the decisive states by less than one percentage point. So even a slight influence could have plausibly made the difference, though we'll never be able to prove it one way or another.

Look, the most ignorant man of the world is weighing in...any more videos of election fraud, Mr. Ignorant.

Tilt!

the Trump transition team said. "These are the same people that said Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction

I love #fakenews

Just to be clear a hacker didn't lose the election for Hillary. Hillary and her staff lost the election. Exposing Hillary's staff working hand and hand with the MSM, Hillary's staff ILLEGALLY working with PACs, Hillary LYING to congress about the contents of her email server, Hillary attempting to hide those emails, Obama LYING about knowing about the server etc... etc... etc... and I don't even need to mention the weird ass satanic spirit cooking, bird dogging and other underhanded garbage.

Further more:

The CIA presentation to senators about Russia’s intentions fell short of a formal U.S. assessment produced by all 17 intelligence agencies. A senior U.S. official said there were minor disagreements among intelligence officials about the agency’s assessment, in part because some questions remain unanswered.
For example, intelligence agencies do not have specific intelligence showing officials in the Kremlin “directing” the identified individuals to pass the Democratic emails to WikiLeaks, a second senior U.S. official said.
Of course none of that will stop the MSM from using a #fakenews headline and straight up LIE to the American people.
  • Like 3

the Trump transition team said. "These are the same people that said Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction

Moved to Syria within a few weeks before the invasion..

(I think it's common knowledge there are strong indications that happened, but google if you're not familiar).

Meanwhile Trump is giving massive tax breaks to the ultra wealthy while most of us stay in the same tax bracket, while some of those in the poverty area of income will actually pay more in taxes. With our countries massive deficit, Trump's additional spending plans, and now a shortage of tax dollars, this can only go one way. Trump supporters are too blind to see it. I would rather have someone who used their personal email server than another who is going to put this country even farther into debt while making the rich even richer.

It's just silly that the Trump lemmings do not at least criticize his tax plan, even if you agree with most of everything else he stands for.

Meanwhile Trump is giving massive tax breaks to the ultra wealthy while most of us stay in the same tax bracket, while some of those in the poverty area of income will actually pay more in taxes. With our countries massive deficit, Trump's additional spending plans, and now a shortage of tax dollars, this can only go one way. Trump supporters are too blind to see it. I would rather have someone who used their personal email server than another who is going to put this country even farther into debt while making the rich even richer.

It's just silly that the Trump lemmings do not at least criticize his tax plan, even if you agree with most of everything else he stands for.

The problem is people like you keep reporting misleading information or straight up lies. I would love to talk about his actual tax plan but it's near impossible with people like you.

Wow, Putin & Company are smarter than CNN & the rest of the left, color me surprised.

How come all the polls and the MSM had her winning by a landslide just the day before then? The whole Russia did it thing was out there way before that. And HRC and all her followers thought it was a lay up. Even ordered fireworks. This is so week, but the losers that lost have to make an excuse so they might get some work in the future. Did Russia s do things? Maybe. It's not why she lost though. But hey, just keep the Russians out of it from now on and the current strategy should be a winner. Shouldn't be that difficult. Might want to stop blaming it on racism or sexism though. Just a hunch. And maybe not call the people you are trying to get to vote for you stupid.

• Like 1

For example, intelligence agencies do not have specific intelligence showing officials in the Kremlin “directing” the identified individuals to pass the Democratic emails to WikiLeaks, a second senior U.S. official said.

The paragraph goes on: "Those actors, according to the official, were "one step" removed from the Russian government, rather than government employees. Moscow has in the past used middlemen to participate in sensitive intelligence operations so it has plausible deniability."

This is a fraught situation. Great time to shelve bickering because it is a perfect time for misleading slant from media. Agencies are allegedly not working together. And there could be something here.

Intelligence agencies believe that the Republican networks were compromised while the F.B.I., which leads domestic cyberinvestigations, has apparently told Republicans that it has not seen evidence of that breach. Senior officials say the intelligence agencies’ conclusions are not being widely shared, even with law enforcement.

“We cannot allow foreign governments to interfere in our democracy,” Representative Michael McCaul, a Texas Republican who is the chairman of the Homeland Security Committee and was considered by Mr. Trump for secretary of Homeland Security, said at the conservative Heritage Foundation. “When they do, we must respond forcefully, publicly and decisively.”

The problem is people like you keep reporting misleading information or straight up lies. I would love to talk about his actual tax plan but it's near impossible with people like you.

Well enlighten me then. Meanwhile take a look at this and tell me how the top bracket gets dropped to 33%, while those who were in the 10% bracket get bumped to 12%. Meanwhile the majority of ours stays the same

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/12/08/chart-shows-exactly-how-trumps-tax-plan-could-affect-you.html

I'm confused, did the Russians make them type those emails?

Well enlighten me then. Meanwhile take a look at this and tell me how the top bracket gets dropped to 33%, while those who were in the 10% bracket get bumped to 12%. Meanwhile the majority of ours stays the same

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/12/08/chart-shows-exactly-how-trumps-tax-plan-could-affect-you.html

The 225-231 group appear to get screwed the most. From 28 to 33. That's such a narrow band though, easy to avoid being in it . I think there will be a lot of fine tuning with this, because you're right, it doesn't appear the bulk of people get much of a break.

I am by no means a trump person but saying that Russia helped trump by releasing emails to wiki leaks is bs

It Basicly made voters more informed

• Like 1

I just love the animosity from the left. How dare a country interfere with our election.

Meanwhile our country interferes with every damn country. Oh...that's in the name of democracy right so it's ok? Or is it because it's not ours? Or is it because the news doesn't dwell on it?

People need to get over this election. It's done. The results are what they are. And $20 says that after December 19th we begin to hear less and less about it. After inauguration day, it'll rarely be talked about.

• Like 1

The paragraph goes on: "Those actors, according to the official, were "one step" removed from the Russian government, rather than government employees. Moscow has in the past used middlemen to participate in sensitive intelligence operations so it has plausible deniability."

This is a fraught situation. Great time to shelve bickering because it is a perfect time for misleading slant from media. Agencies are allegedly not working together. And there could be something here.

What does that even mean? Technically I'm one step removed from the Russian government.

Secondly I call into question any "source" the media has and refuses to reveal. They have been caught in lie after lie and have lost all credibility especially when using hidden sources.

Lastly - There was a time when it was worse to be exposed to be currupt like Hillary and the DNC than being the person who exposed that currouption. Even if Russia had anything to do with the leaks (most likely didn't) I DON'T CARE! Hillary and her team LIED, CHEATED and probably stole the election from Bernie and tried to steal the general as well.

People on the left complaining about Wikileaks exposing Democrat corruption probably blame their SO for looking at their phone and exposing them for cheating.

It was OK for Bill to get paid 500k by Russians when HRC was Sec of State. And woukdnt you know it, a Uranium deal was struck with the Russians. Maybe the left ought to move on from this Russia hysteria.

• Like 1

its been proven that the Russians helped win Wisconsin

those 20 extra votes Trump lost in the recount was some shady doings, the 20 Hillary lost in the same recount, was a simple error

It was OK for Bill to get paid 500k by Russians when HRC was Sec of State. And woukdnt you know it, a Uranium deal was struck with the Russians. Maybe the left ought to move on from this Russia hysteria.

That's TOTALLY different because you weren't supposed to find out about the payment.

And don't forget, CNN said that only they can look at the leaks because they have special privileges.

Nobody will listen right now. They're still in reflexive defense mode from the election.

Give it a couple years, after things have fallen apart a bit. Trump and his fraudster friends will have made out like bandits in the meanwhile but oh well, it can't be prevented at this point.

• Like 1

The link you posted is what falls under misleading information.

"Howmuch.net also notes that "the graph does not take into account other aspects of the Trump tax plan not directly related to the changes to income tax bands, such as the increase of standard deductions and a cap on itemized deductions, although of course these would also have an impact on net incomes."

I want you to ask yourself. Why would they leave out these things? The title of the article says, Chart shows exactly how Trump's tax plan could affect you

Where is the "exactly" part when they leave out VERY important information like tax deductions. I'll tell you where, those things they left out do not fit the narrative they are feeding you. Show me the tax plan WITH EVERYTHING included. Otherwise you, me and everyone is being lied to.

Nobody will listen right now. They're still in reflexive defense mode from the election.

Give it a couple years, after things have fallen apart a bit. Trump and his fraudster friends will have made out like bandits in the meanwhile but oh well, it can't be prevented at this point.

Please tell us what will fall apart

its been proven that the Russians helped win Wisconsin

those 20 extra votes Trump lost in the recount was some shady doings, the 20 Hillary lost in the same recount, was a simple error

Nobody has insinuated anything about Russia altering vote counts

What does that even mean? Technically I'm one step removed from the Russian government.

Secondly I call into question any "source" the media has and refuses to reveal. They have been caught in lie after lie and have lost all credibility especially when using hidden sources.

Lastly - There was a time when it was worse to be exposed to be currupt like Hillary and the DNC than being the person who exposed that currouption. Even if Russia had anything to do with the leaks (most likely didn't) I DON'T CARE! Hillary and her team LIED, CHEATED and probably stole the election from Bernie and tried to steal the general as well.

I read that as the "second senior U.S. official" is suggesting the actors are known to know government officials. I'm "one step" removed from the Russian government if I know someone in it. Could that statement be crafted to suggest a connection when there may not be any discernible one...that is possible.

It makes sense. They couldn't have asked for a better guy.

If you're Russia and you're faced by a nuke capable foe,

don't you want a very easily manipulated guy who has no idea

what the hell the nuclear triad is and has little or no interest in

national and global security / intelligence issues?

Nobody has insinuated anything about Russia altering vote counts

Oh then they must have deleted all of Hillary's campaigning stops in Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania from her outlook calendar. Those bastards.

Good post.

Just to be clear the FBI is ON OFFICIAL RECORD with saying Russia had nothing to do with it. But the Washington Post has a totally real, unnamed, anonymous source that says the CIA maybe kind of thinks Russia might have maybe done something but what that is is still unclear. And who actually did it might have something to do with Russian officials but is at least one step removed (whatever that means)

Lucky for all of us, the Washington Post hasn't been one bit biased during this election so their credibilty is 100% intact and we can totally believe them. (we shouldn't)

How come all the polls and the MSM had her winning by a landslide just the day before then? The whole Russia did it thing was out there way before that. And HRC and all her followers thought it was a lay up. Even ordered fireworks. This is so week, but the losers that lost have to make an excuse so they might get some work in the future. Did Russia s do things? Maybe. Sure, why not. It's not why she lost though. But hey, just keep the Russians out of it form now on and the current strategy should be a winner. Shouldn't be that difficult. Might want to stop blaming it on racism or sexism though. Just a hunch. And maybe not call the people you are trying to get to vote for you stupid.

You don't get it. A foreign (and adverse) power interfering in US elections is problematic no matter how you slice it. It isn't about who won or lost. It's about preserving the integrity of our own election system against would-be foreign intervention. Pretty straight-up issue which everyone should be concerned about regardless of party affiliation.

Good post.

It's the conclusion I've come to. I still get sucked in here and there but in reality there's just no point arguing this stuff for a while. People are going to have to come around to it on their own. It's too bad because I think there will be quite a lot of damage done in the meanwhile, but hopefully none of it will be catastrophic.

Just to be clear the FBI is ON OFFICIAL RECORD with saying Russia had nothing to do with it. But the Washington Post has a totally real, unnamed, anonymous source that says the CIA maybe kind of thinks Russia might have maybe done something but what that is is still unclear. And who actually did it might have something to do with Russian officials but is at least one step removed (whatever that means)

Lucky for all of us, the Washington Post hasn't been one bit biased during this election so their credibilty is 100% intact and we can totally believe them. (we shouldn't)

Fair enough. Good thing that they're doing a full and comprehensive review on this within the government. Hopefully we the people will be told all the results and then everyone can know for sure :thumbsup:

You don't get it. A foreign (and adverse) power interfering in US elections is problematic no matter how you slice it. It isn't about who won or lost. It's about preserving the integrity of our own election system against would-be foreign intervention. Pretty straight-up issue which everyone should be concerned about regardless of party affiliation.

Seems to me we needed intervention to preserve the integrity of our election from Hillary and the DNC. It's pretty sad when CNN analyst and DNC chair Donna Brazile said, "This is an election, and the goal is to come out the winner, not to come out unscathed. Let's get out the vote."

Remember the emails are about their illegal activities. THEY broke the law. you don't get to rob a bank and than blame the guy smoking meth who pointed you out in a police lineup.

BTW - I think Seth Rich leaked the DNC info which is why they killed him.

You are 100% correct. But the direction that the Hillary camp is going in with this is to blame the loss on the Russians. Their involvement is troubling and needs to be investigated and severe sanctions if true. But to hold it out as the reason for her loss is CYA by people who failed. And they were warned but didn't care. They thought they could ignore working class whites and still win. And they ignored them because they don't like them. If I recall the reasoning was there weren't enough angry white men to matter.