Sign in to follow this  
seafoam1

Jordan Matthews to Patriots

1 year $1 million with $700,000 of incentives and a guarantee of only $170,000.

Watch the guy get 75-80 catches and 10 TDs.

Only way JM catches 75-80 balls is if he gets 200 targets. Dudes got alligator arms and tiny Trump hands.

Only have him in one league. Trying to sell high

Not sure how that will work. Didn't he have only 25 catches last year?

Patriots prove again while they're the smartest team in the league. Their system gets guys open so receivers are fungible.

Only way JM catches 75-80 balls is if he gets 200 targets. Dudes got alligator arms and tiny Trump hands.

So in:

2014: 67 receptions on 103 targets

2015: 85 receptions on 126 targets

2016: 73 receptions on 117 targets

2017: 25 receptions on 36 targets

His % is actually fairly good for a WR. And now he gets the greatest QB in NFL history.

You must be using your obama/hillary logic, but this time for football instead of real world concerns.

So the Patriots sign another short range/ slot WR.

He'll have minimal value but one game or two watch out

So the Patriots sign another short range/ slot WR.

He'll have minimal value but one game or two watch out

So in 2016 Matthews was #91 in yards per catch. Hmm... He must suck.

Antonio Brown was #51, Michael Thomas was #61, doug baldwin was #73, Hopkins was #65, Diggs was #95, Cobb was #85, etc...

So in the end who cares? Noone is saying he is the greatest. Not every team can have the greatest.

1 year $1 million with $700,000 of incentives and a guarantee of only $170,000.

Watch the guy get 75-80 catches and 10 TDs.

The biggest positive is that he found a salary at which he most likely has value to the team.

If not for the bargain basement number he would be on the roster bubble. As it is now, if he is healthy he will probably stick but no gaurantee of targets with any regularity unless there are injuries.

He's a solid flier in best ball or really late in PPR in case of injury to others but with Edelman back in the slot, Gronk lining up there sometimes, and the Pats loving to leave the side away from Edelman open to motion James White or whoever out there to match up on a LB ,he is definitely no more than a flier IMO.

The worst part is we won't know how it will look until real football starts because we never get accurate info on the Pats general plans, only fluff or outright disinformation.

Not sure how that will work. Didn't he have only 25 catches last year?

Jordan Matthews has a lot of positive traits for a dynasty league sell. Age, prior production, cheap contract, playing in the slot with Brady.

For a win now team, he's certainly worth a flier. If you believe he can stay healthy. There's a lot of truthers out there for a lot of receivers far worse than J-Matt.

Just gotta find the most optimistic of them

So in:

2014: 67 receptions on 103 targets

2015: 85 receptions on 126 targets

2016: 73 receptions on 117 targets

2017: 25 receptions on 36 targets

His % is actually fairly good for a WR. And now he gets the greatest QB in NFL history.

You must be using your obama/hillary logic, but this time for football instead of real world concerns.

Take the political stuff to the Geek Club. I was obviously using hyperbole. Jordan Matthews was credited with 8 drops his last year with the Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles, most of them really bad:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.phillyvoice.com/tally-eagles-drops-2016/amp/

I think hes a pretty average receiver, probably best used as a third option in the slot on most teams. I would be surprised if he ends up with more than 900 yards receiving or 7-8 TDs even on the Pats. That type of player has some value but hes probably not going to see a big leap in NE.

I think it could be a fantastic pick up for the Patriots.

I like their style.

That's way they have been so good for so long.

If Matthews does stay healthy and if Edeleman starts too decline I think Matthews could be a great late pick up.

Proverbs 11:30.

Only have him in one league. Trying to sell high

For a player or pick?

Whats the minimum you'd deal him for?

I ask, because he seems to be the type of guy/situation where he's in that untradable category.

No one will every give you anything valuable for him. But he's potentially worth way more then the ham sandwich somebody would give for him.

Take the political stuff to the Geek Club. I was obviously using hyperbole. Jordan Matthews was credited with 8 drops his last year with the Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles, most of them really bad:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.phillyvoice.com/tally-eagles-drops-2016/amp/

I think hes a pretty average receiver, probably best used as a third option in the slot on most teams. I would be surprised if he ends up with more than 900 yards receiving or 7-8 TDs even on the Pats. That type of player has some value but hes probably not going to see a big leap in NE.

So you use the president as the source of your hyperbole and then you decry political statements against you here. It's the liberal way of deflecting. So weak. Take it to cnn.

Your take on Matthews was that he would need 200 targets to get 75-80 catches. Go reread if you forget. He had that many catches with just over 100 targets two years in a row. 65 catches in another year.

Matthews had 6 drops in 2016. So did a lot of players. 4 or more drops for over 30 players.

Your source is some philly writer who defines drops as "reasonably catchable passes" based on his judgement. The writer used the quotes for that definition, not me. So in his eyes they are "drops". He was just making up stats to have more impact on his "message" to the readers. It's the philly way of life.

But I think I made my point that he doesn't need 200 targets to catch 80 passes. Even his catch % was not bad given the not so great QB play that year. Everybody on that team was "dropping" passes. Hmm... maybe it was the "statistician" writer making them up or the actual QB play perhaps?

So you use the president as the source of your hyperbole and then you decry political statements against you here. It's the liberal way of deflecting. So weak. Take it to cnn.

Your take on Matthews was that he would need 200 targets to get 75-80 catches. Go reread if you forget. He had that many catches with just over 100 targets two years in a row. 65 catches in another year.

Matthews had 6 drops in 2016. So did a lot of players. 4 or more drops for over 30 players.

Your source is some philly writer who defines drops as "reasonably catchable passes" based on his judgement. The writer used the quotes for that definition, not me. So in his eyes they are "drops". He was just making up stats to have more impact on his "message" to the readers. It's the philly way of life.

But I think I made my point that he doesn't need 200 targets to catch 80 passes. Even his catch % was not bad given the not so great QB play that year. Everybody on that team was "dropping" passes. Hmm... maybe it was the "statistician" writer making them up or the actual QB play perhaps?

Wow. :lol:

Somebody is deranged over the Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles and itching for a fight.

Wow. 😂 Somebody is deranged about players who left the eagles and is not paying attention to reality, and/or is simply not bright.

For a player or pick?

Whats the minimum you'd deal him for?

I ask, because he seems to be the type of guy/situation where he's in that untradable category.

No one will every give you anything valuable for him. But he's potentially worth way more then the ham sandwich somebody would give for him.

I think he's worthy of a late 2nd rookie pick. If I could get the 2.06 or 2.07? I'd view that as selling high tbh.

If I was looking for a player in return, I'd target a guy like Alex Collins or Eric Ebron.

Minimum...2.11 or I'll just hold and wait.

He could be a very good late pick, and in ppr expecally.