Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

AIDS

Beat you to it.

:banana: Anally Inflicted Death Sentence :banana: A.I.D.S :banana:

Well it’s still a risk if the condom breaks, slips etc. So if he would or wouldn’t is up to him, has no bearing on the debate (is there even a debate?). If you are asking just out of curiosity then go right ahead, my bad.

There is no debate, you’re right. AIDS is a sexually transmitted infection, with some types of sex having higher risk than others.

There is no debate, youre right. AIDS is a sexually transmitted infection, with some types of sex having higher risk than others.

You need to read up on dry sex/rape in Africa and why it's a big factor in heterosexual sexual aids transmission.

Never claimed that. Just like lung cancer isn't only a disease of smokers.

You didn’t, but some of these guys want to deny heterosexual sex transmits HIV. It does. Butt secks is not required.

And if lung cancer was prevalent elsewhere among non smokers, or the rate of new cases increased despite patients never smoking, you can bet there would be plenty of research funding devoted to figuring out why this was the case.

I think the 23% of heterosexuals contracting the disease is significant. It is 2.5x more than the drug user infection rate.

I also think it is significant, but some of these guys think it is a ghey hoax.

I also think it is significant, but some of these guys think it is a ghey hoax.

Denial.

I just had a memorial service for my cousin who died from complications of AIDS 4 years ago. She did not have any gay sex.

Denial.

I just had a memorial service for my cousin who died from complications of AIDS 4 years ago. She did not have any gay sex.

First off RIP. Was she an IV drug user?

You need to read up on dry sex/rape in Africa and why it's a big factor in heterosexual sexual aids transmission.

You need to read up on the commercial sex trade, maternal to fetal transmission, genital ulcers and unsterile medical practices as well.

But even if you exclude all that stuff, HIV is effectively transmitted through heterosexual sex.

First off RIP. Was she an IV drug user?

I think that she had several high risk factors (drugs, sex with guys who did drugs, etc.). I think that there are enough people who have it that any high risk behavior can cause problems and high risk behavior is not limited to gay sex and drugs.

The STI rates for older folks is nuts IMO as well.

I dont think anyone is disputing that you can get Aids through hetero sex. Anyone with a 6th grade education knows you can get aids from any sex or needles. If someone said something like that it was in jest or trolling gheys or the old school belief that it was only for blacks and gheys. Pen, you might be debating with no one.

nobody has denied that you can get it that way

statistically speaking though if you are having protected sex and not shooting up your risk is closer to 0% than it is 1%

statistically speaking though if you are having protected sex and not shooting up your risk is closer to 0% than it is 1%

Bingo. The cure is simple

I'm not sure what you're talking about, as safe sex is a major component of HIV education. And I hate to break it to you, but gay sex isn't the primary mode of HIV transmission..straight sex is.

You are a idiot if you believe that.

Gay men are more promiscuous, on average, than straight men or women. They also have higher rates of certain STIs (syphillis) which promote HIV transmission. And anal receptive intercourse (catchers) poses the highest risk of sexual acquisition. It all adds up to more new cases among gay males in this country.

Anal insertive intercourse (pitchers) is roughly the same risk as vaginal receptive sex. But globally, most HIV cases are transmitted through heterosexual sex.

:rolleyes:

Nobody gives a ###### about the millions of AIDS cases in ###### hole countries where they all rape each other. That is called natural selection.

:rolleyes:

Nobody gives a ###### about the millions of AIDS cases in ###### hole countries where they all rape each other. That is called natural selection.

Thank goodness dipsh!t bigots aren’t in charge of medical care, as anyone with half a brain could see HIV posed a legitimate threat to the general population. :thumbsup:

In this country, as everywhere else, it is a preventable, just like any STI. Yet somehow straight people get gonorrhea, chlamydia, HPV, herpes and other sexually transmitted infections. In areas where HIV has been around longer, it infects plenty of heterosexuals, and the rate in the US was increasing until public health efforts curtailed it. Why you guys cannot connect the dots is beyond me, but I’m gonna guess it has something to do with characterizing it as a “gay” disease.

I don't categorize it as a gay disease. I categorize it as an easily prevented disease, no matter who gets it. You're the one categorizing it as a gay disease. HTH.

In this country, as everywhere else, it is a preventable, just like any STI. Yet somehow straight people get gonorrhea, chlamydia, HPV, herpes and other sexually transmitted infections. In areas where HIV has been around longer, it infects plenty of heterosexuals, and the rate in the US was increasing until public health efforts curtailed it. Why you guys cannot connect the dots is beyond me, but I’m gonna guess it has something to do with characterizing it as a “gay” disease.

we know you can get it, we just are saying that its not likely if you are a straight male

another thing is that 67% of the cases are among gay men

what % of the population of men are gay? 3.8%?

so here we have another statistic where 3.8% account for 67% of the cases, just like 6% of black men commit 51% of violent crimes

source: Gallup reported in 2015 that 3.8 percent of Americans identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, or transgender.

I will go ahead and give you all the gays

Denial.

She died 4 years ago and you're just now getting around to US service?

Fuk, I thought it was tough to book a table in New York.

we know you can get it, we just are saying that its not likely if you are a straight male

so here we have another statistic where 3.8% account for 67% of the cases, just like 6% of black men commit 51% of violent crimes

source: Gallup reported in 2015 that 3.8 percent of Americans identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, or transgender.

Here's me agreeing with you. The similarities continue though. Just like blacks hate it when you bring up statistics. The gay is absolutely lose their when you tell them that they're only 3% of the population.

To hear them tell it, the entire population is either openly gay or not yet out of the closet.

In this country, as everywhere else, it is a preventable, just like any STI. Yet somehow straight people get gonorrhea, chlamydia, HPV, herpes and other sexually transmitted infections. In areas where HIV has been around longer, it infects plenty of heterosexuals, and the rate in the US was increasing until public health efforts curtailed it. Why you guys cannot connect the dots is beyond me, but Im gonna guess it has something to do with characterizing it as a gay disease.

No, it has everything to do with math and common sense.

The reality for those of us old enough to remember is this. The fundies and Ronald Reagan first went around saying that this was a gay disease and didn't even acknowledge it. And then when the girls started screaming, they had no choice but to not only react, but over react.

And even though everybody agrees that the funding is disproportionate, Who's going to be the one to cut that funding?

I don't categorize it as a gay disease. I categorize it as an easily prevented disease, no matter who gets it. You're the one categorizing it as a gay disease. HTH.

Obesity, diabetes and a sh!tload of other diseases are also easily prevented. Whats your point?

Reread the thread. You and your buddies are claiming avoiding butt secks prevents AIDS.

source: Gallup reported in 2015 that 3.8 percent of Americans identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, or transgender.[/size]

Its not likely if you’re a gay male either. That doesn’t change the absurdity of your premise.

Obesity, diabetes and a sh!tload of other diseases are also easily prevented. Whats your point?

Not always. You have to eat. You don't have to have unprotected sex. Or sex at all for that matter. The point is, like everyone is trying to make, is that we're better off putting our resources into diseases that aren't so easily prevented. But of course you only saw homophobia.

The reality for those of us old enough to remember is this. The fundies and Ronald Reagan first went around saying that this was a gay disease and didn't even acknowledge it. And then when the girls started screaming, they had no choice but to not only react, but over react.

And even though everybody agrees that the funding is disproportionate, Who's going to be the one to cut that funding?

The funding has been cut. HTH.

Not always. You have to eat. You don't have to have unprotected sex. Or sex at all for that matter. The point is, like everyone is trying to make, is that we're better off putting our resources into diseases that aren't so easily prevented. But of course you only saw homophobia.

Obesity is just as preventable. And I said nothing about homophobia.

I suppose you think cancer is overfunded too?

Yeah, ok. You've been banging the drum that everyone is terming it a gay disease and actually you're the one bringing that up. I, and others, are taking about the prevention of it and that the risks of contracting it can be reduced to almost zero with easy methods of prevention. And I'm surprised that an MD would be so hard on people with eating disorders. You would never say the things you do about anorexics. Do you think most of those people want to be obese?

I suppose you think cancer is overfunded too?

Certain types get way too much attention and resultant funding.

Cough Breast Cough

Well, since I started the thread, I think I know a thing or two about the premise behind it.

AIDS gets way too much attention in the media compared to virtually any other disease. And the numbers? 38000? Start looking at the number of people who died by any certain cause and that is just a statistical blip.

Sure, some of that has to do with better education and other steps.

But at the end of the day, it is a minor disease that overwhelmingly affects a exceedingly minor group of people in this country.

They used Scare Tactics, junk statistics, junk science, and the bully pulpit that they own in media and entertainment to advance their minor cause for their own selfish interests.

See a lot of gays spending nearly as much attention and resources on say, the concussion issue?

Moreover, if we spent even half as much money, time and Broadway and Hollywood and media attention on things like skin cancer and colorectal cancer, we would see a far better , broader pay off for our investment.

• Like 1

Yeah, ok. You've been banging the drum that everyone is terming it a gay disease and actually you're the one bringing that up. I, and others, are taking about the prevention of it and that the risks of contracting it can be reduced to almost zero with easy methods of prevention. And I'm surprised that an MD would be so hard on people with eating disorders. You would never say the things you do about anorexics. Do you think most of those people want to be obese?

Bullsh!t. Reread the thread. I only responded to people calling it a ghey disease.

Well, since I started the thread, I think I know a thing or two about the premise behind it.

AIDS gets way too much attention in the media compared to virtually any other disease. And the numbers? 38000? Start looking at the number of people who died by any certain cause and that is just a statistical blip.

Sure, some of that has to do with better education and other steps.

But at the end of the day, it is a minor disease that overwhelmingly affects a exceedingly minor group of people in this country.

They used Scare Tactics, junk statistics, junk science, and the bully pulpit that they own in media and entertainment to advance their minor cause for their own selfish interests.

See a lot of gays spending nearly as much attention and resources on say, the concussion issue?

Moreover, if we spent even half as much money, time and Broadway and Hollywood and media attention on things like skin cancer and colorectal cancer, we would see a far better , broader pay off for our investment.

There is no disease in our lifetime that went from obscurity to a top 10 cause of death in the world, including the most common cause of death for people age 25-44 in the US, like AIDS was in the mid 90's. Only recently did TB overtake HIV as the most deadly infection worldwide.

And there is no disease which effective treatment has been developed so rapidly. Research allowed that to happen. I won't dispute the funding is disproportionate to the current disease burden in our country, but you'll not find a single infectious disease physician who thinks that money wasn't well spent.

I know its easier to decry the sexual behavior of most victims, but suggesting HIV is a minor (read gay) cause is way off base.

Sigh. Still throwing the homophobia charge around.

She died 4 years ago and you're just now getting around to US service?

Fuk, I thought it was tough to book a table in New York.

There was a service at the time, but it was far away for many of the family. They finally buried her ashes nearby.