Sign in to follow this  
bno70_1

Dallas Clark Deserves more hype

Looked to me that he was being used as the #3 wr, they ran a friggin end around for him, AND tried to throw to him on the goal line. I am very mad at myself for ignoring him in drafts. It's my own fault though, he was sweet in the playoffs last year too.

I picked him up late in my draft and am happy with him. I think what he did last night is what you can expect out of him just about every game. 40-50 yards with an occasional td.

I feel like he was much more a part of the game plan than I expected.

His value may be a little higher this year.

It is all about how often Peyton calls his number.

I couldn't beleive it when I saw him get that end around.

I really couldn't believe it when he looked like a WR toting the rock for a solid gain!! :dunno:

If he can stay healthy for a season, he should finally crack the top 10 TEs at the end of the year.

Looked to me that he was being used as the #3 wr, they ran a friggin end around for him, AND tried to throw to him on the goal line. I am very mad at myself for ignoring him in drafts. It's my own fault though, he was sweet in the playoffs last year too.

this is exactly what they were doing w/ him last year after Stokley went out and the other guys weren't stepping up fast enough.

Watch games from last year and you'll see Clark being put in the slot alot, and going downfield running routes all across the middle of the field, and going deep too. I think he'll be exploiting the matchups all season.

As a Colts homer who has watched every colts game for years and years, Peyton looks to Dallas a lot in the redzone too. I have seen Peyton throw into triple coverage to Clark in the redzone.

Just thought I would share that with you guys. I am not a Clark owner either. But I do have Wayne in both my money leagues.

this is exactly what they were doing w/ him last year after Stokley went out and the other guys weren't stepping up fast enough.

Watch games from last year and you'll see Clark being put in the slot alot, and going downfield running routes all across the middle of the field, and going deep too. I think he'll be exploiting the matchups all season.

I grabbed him in the next to last round as my backup TE. Even better, I got Gonzo in the ninth round.

I love the way they're using Clark. It really bodes well at the goal line, where teams are really gonna key on Harrison/Wayne/Addai.

Oh, I have Addai, too. :thumbsup:

He can rack up points in any given game, and I personally think he's got skills, but the problem is consistency. I think the Colts have so many weapons, they just don't need him to produce as a receiver on an every game basis. He can blow up, but you never know when it's going to happen. I'd rather have a TE from a team that /needs/ to throw to him.

Looks like it will take A. Gonzales a while to catch on if at all, and i believe he's nursing a bad ankle.

Anyway, the looks for Clark look to increase as the season progresses. If Wayne keeps improving the deep middle will become more and more wide open for clark to sneak down the middle for some big gains.

I don't think I agree with the idea that Dallas Clark should be valued higher. He played in 12 games last year and after projecting his points out to 16 games, there are still 13 TE's that scored more than he did. All that time in the slot as a 3rd WR and goal line looks from Peyton didn't help him break into the top 12 FF TE's last year.

I don't think I agree with the idea that Dallas Clark should be valued higher. He played in 12 games last year and after projecting his points out to 16 games, there are still 13 TE's that scored more than he did. All that time in the slot as a 3rd WR and goal line looks from Peyton didn't help him break into the top 12 FF TE's last year.

That may be true, but the wa that offense evolves week to week, I believe he will become more and more a part of the game plan.

Especially since the 2 guys on the outside both attract some serious attention. Harrison is unbelievable, but the way Wayne is looking you have to give him nearly the same respect, coverage wise.

That may be true, but the wa that offense evolves week to week, I believe he will become more and more a part of the game plan.

Especially since the 2 guys on the outside both attract some serious attention. Harrison is unbelievable, but the way Wayne is looking you have to give him nearly the same respect, coverage wise.

Nothing has changed from last year. Harrison and Wayne are considered the top WR tandem this year, just as they were last year. D. Clark will see the same coverage as last year- single coverage.

I think the problem is that Peyton clearly favors his WR's. After the WR's, Peyton distributes the ball all over the place.

Clark will get most of the passes that the idiots thought would go to Gonzalez in the slot. There is no way a rookie is going to carry this team, when they have a great TE to take the pressure off manning.

Clark will get most of the passes that the idiots thought would go to Gonzalez in the slot. There is no way a rookie is going to carry this team, when they have a great TE to take the pressure off manning.

I agree, Gonzalez is not going to step in as a rookie and perform like Stokley did a few years back.

Not wishing injury and I never would, but if Wayne or Harrison has to sit, Anthony Gonzalez could step in and get good numbers.

Not wishing injury and I never would, but if Wayne or Harrison has to sit, Anthony Gonzalez could step in and get good numbers.

He is a rookie, so his numbers would not be as good as Wayne or Harrison and if he did play for one of them then he would be a #2 WR then and of course he would produce something.

He's inconsistent week to week, hasn't stayed healthy, and has Utecht getting looks. I think he's about the #10-#14 TE overall but I don't see him as a stud.

He's inconsistent week to week, hasn't stayed healthy, and has Utecht getting looks. I think he's about the #10-#14 TE overall but I don't see him as a stud.

I totally agree. You'd think he would be a stud in that offense, but up to this point, it just hasn't happened.

Didn't any of you see the ESPN report this summer about how Dallas was Peyton's new roommate in camp with Stokely gone. Petyon loves to shack up with his good ol whiteboy receivers.

Peyton probably promised to throw to him more while he was cornholing him. I hope he at least had the decency to give him a reach around.

:lol:

Just wanted to point out that sometimes I'm smart. Most times, I am a retart, but every now and then.......

He's always been an integral part of the offense when he's healthy. Last year he got well just in time for the playoffs and was a big difference maker IMHO.

Didn't any of you see the ESPN report this summer about how Dallas was Peyton's new roommate in camp with Stokely gone. Petyon loves to shack up with his good ol whiteboy receivers.

Peyton probably promised to throw to him more while he was cornholing him. I hope he at least had the decency to give him a reach around.

:first:

:lol: :lol:

Im starting the dang guy and we dont even have to start a TE. He's good, Marvin's hurt, and Utecth is hurt too. The guy is pretty fly for a white guy.

He's better than most #3 WR's, maybe even #2's.

For a TE that was cheap on draft day, after 4 games hes:

Preatty much tied with Gates in fantasy points scored.

3rd in targets.

5th in catches.

4th in yards.

And #1 in TDs with 4.

So far the TE steal of the draft.

Very rarely does a tight end disappoint for so many years and then break out... this is one of those times I guess. I remember waiting on Bubba Franks and Ricky Dudley and Freddie Jones. Clark is the exception.

I really should have considered the possibility with Stokley's departure but I just assumed Gonzalez would step in. Ugh.

manning is just throwing to him because it is stated in his cell phone contract that he has too after those commercials of him being blitzed in a hotel room hallway