Sign in to follow this  
MarshallHahn

Rookie Draft Dynasty Rankings? I havent seen them, lets start one...

Well, here goes nothing!

1A. B Sankey

1B. S Watkins (these two flip a coin based on need)

3. C Hyde- RB SF

4. M Evans-WR TB

5. T West-RB Cle

6. B Cooks- WR- NO

7. J Hill- RB Cin

8. O Beckam-WR-NYG

9. D Freeman-RB Atl

10. C simms- RB-TB

11. T Mason- RB StL

12. C lattimer- WR Den

13. K Benjamin- WR Car

14. J Matthews- WR Phil

15. J Manziel-QB-Cle

16. M Lee- WR- Jax

17. E Ebron- TE Det

18.A S-Jenkins-TE TB

19. J Amaro-TE NYJ

20. T Bridgewater-QB Min

21. D Adams-WR-GB

22. B Bortles-QB-Jax

23. T Savage-QB-Hou

24. D Car-QB Oak

25. J McKinnon-RB-Min

26. I Crowell-RB Cle

27. K Carey- RB Chi

28. J White- RB NE

29. A Williams- RB NYG

30. D Moncrief- WR Indy

have fun with this, if I missed anyone obvious please mention them and where you would insert them. If someone is out of order, please say why. Im sure i missed some but this was a 20 min list to get the discussion going.

Seems like you overrate the RBs, some quite a bit. And i havent seen jordan Matthews or Eric Ebron out of the top 8 since they landed in Philly and Detroit respectively.

I've only seen about half of them play in college, so I couldn't do a full list, but, of the guys I've seen, I'd rate the top 10 like this:

1. Evans

2. Bortles

3. Hyde

4. Matthews

5. Lattimer

6. Watkins

7. White

8. Manziel

9. Ebron

10. Martavis Bryant

I didn't see Sankey play in college. He sure looked impressive at the combine though.

I've only seen about half of them play in college, so I couldn't do a full list, but, of the guys I've seen, I'd rate the top 10 like this:

1. Evans

2. Bortles

3. Hyde

4. Matthews

5. Lattimer

6. Watkins

7. White

8. Manziel

9. Ebron

10. Martavis Bryant

I didn't see Sankey play in college. He sure looked impressive at the combine though.

These rankings are so unbelievably far from the truth.

Evans is a huge and fast receiver. The stat charts are full of those guys, and they almost always get targeted in the red zone more often than smaller guys like Watkins

Nobody else seems to like Bortles, but I think he has a really strong and accurate arm. That's a good start. He can't read defenses yet, and he may never, but I think he will.

I agree with the people who say Hyde was the best back in the draft (Though, admittedly, like I said above, I didn't see Sankey play in college)

Matthews is another tall receiver with speed. He didn't get much pub at Vandy, but he was amazing. He was a contortionist when the ball arrived, diving over guys.

Lattimer is a size,speed,hands guy. He's got the size to get red zone targets, and he's super strong going for the ball. He runs a 4.39 40 and jumps 5" higher than Watkins. Again, I think he'll get more red-zone targets.

Watkins is gonna be a very good receiver, but I see him as putting up Antonio Brown type numbers, lots of catches and yards, but not that many TDs

White I see as a Ray Rice clone. Hey, it's fantasy, right? I really liked watching him at Wisconsin. I think he's powerful for a short guy. Has good hands. And he cuts super-quick.

Manziel will be a middle of the road QB passing wise, and he'll put up big rushing yards for his first 3 or 4 years, which will elevate his fantasy value ala Newton and RG3

Ebron might be a reach, because I don't think he's quite a Gronk, but he'll put up big numbers from the TE position, and that's got a big value.

Bryant is a homer pick. I had to have a Steeler on the list, and it's not just that he's got a high PSPARQ score (the highest of any receiver who was 6'3 or taller in this draft), but he hasn't been dropping the ball in OTAs and camp, and THAT was the big worry on him, so I'm VERY optimistic about him right now.

You're free to put up you own list.

Watkins

Evans

Cooks

Matthews

Ebron

Sanky

Hyde

OBJ

West

Lattimer

Adams

Lee

Moncrief

Benjamin

theres my starting point..after that its gets pretty subjective

Seems like you overrate the RBs, some quite a bit. And i havent seen jordan Matthews or Eric Ebron out of the top 8 since they landed in Philly and Detroit respectively.

Well, I havent seen a list since they landed in Philly and Det so this is my 1st gut feelings.

I usually rank RBs higher due to the incredible advantage of getting one that hits. WRs always seem like more of a crapshoot after the 1st few and Id rather gamble with a RB. TEs I just dont know what to do with.

Im ok with moving both of those up higher if need be, sounds like it is...but top 8 for both seems difficult to do. I could move HIll and Beckham both down a couple but other than those two, maybe West, im not sure i can move anyone else.

thoughts?

thanks for that link, that is what ive been looking for but keep missing somehow.

thanks again

http://football9.myfantasyleague.com/2014/options?L=10676&O=17

fft geek league rookie draft in progress

Bill Anderson did a nice piece on his dynasty league's four-round rookie draft. Evans went No.1 with Watkins right behind him at No. 2.

Im pretty surprised to see Jordan Matthews drafted so late in both these drafts. Everything ive read recently has him incing up on top5 territory

Im pretty surprised to see Jordan Matthews drafted so late in both these drafts. Everything ive read recently has him incing up on top5 territory

Was looking to get him, but he went one pick before me.

I guess Matthews is really rising. Chances are I wont get him. Im hearing Ebron is having trouble catching the ball which is sorta important.

any other mocks or rookie drafts going on out there?

How Allen Robinson can be left off any top 10 list is insane! Personal preference, but I would go with this for the top 12...

Evans

Matthews

Cooks

Watkins

Sanky

Adams

Robinson

ASJ

OBJ

Hyde

Ebron

Moncrief

I heard the same thing about Ebron with the drops in training camp. The problem plagued him in college as well, so I don't see why the Lions thought they, of all people, could fix him. If the Lions become a top tier offense, he might be a decent guy in a couple years in redraft leagues, but I don't see the love for him in dynasty leagues. There are reasons why TEs are very rarely ever drafted in the top ten.

How Allen Robinson can be left off any top 10 list is insane! Personal preference, but I would go with this for the top 12...

Evans

Matthews

Cooks

Watkins

Sanky

Adams

Robinson

ASJ

OBJ

Hyde

Ebron

Moncrief

I'm thinking owners are wary of Jacksonville more so then Robinson himself. speaking for myself I went for the gb rookie wr cause I got both Cobb and Nelson. Robinson was off the board when I picked in the second. all that said pretty deep rookie draft through around three rounds imo

Watkins

Sankey/Evans

Matthews

Cooks

Hyde

Robinson

Freeman

ebron

OBJ

West

Carey