Sign in to follow this  
Reality

2018 NBA playoffs

Celtics can beat them. Didn't Cleveland, just 2 years ago?

Tiger has a better chance of catching Jack.

• Like 1

They didn't win a FEW championships. And, IIRC, they promised to win like 5-7.

Youre right. My point remains: Theres only one basketball and only a limited # of shots to go around, so PPG are going to go down whenever you add another star to a player like LeBron. Also your list of 2nd bananas includes a lot of players who wouldnt be the 3rd or even 4th option on a serious title contender.

Tiger has a better chance of catching Jack.

Celts can't beat Milwaukee, Philly or Cleveland either.

Glaring mismatch this series is the starting backcourts. Terry Rozier & Jaylen Brown are absolutely dominating George Hill and JR Smith. Boston's backcourt outscored Cleveland's 41 to 3 last night. I think they were 1 for 12 from the field with two air balls and a flagrant foul. :shocking:

If Ty Lue has any moxey at all he'll start Jose Calderon in game 3 at the point. He's a competitor, a bull dog on defense and a fan fav. Clarkston needs backcourt minutes too, he's just as athletic if not more that the Boston guys.

Hill/JR combo playing 30 minutes each is to damn old for these young horses on the C's. It's plain as day.

Nance needs minutes over Jeff Green too. Cleveland you traded for these young guys, play em. The old farts look just that.

Youre right. My point remains: Theres only one basketball and only a limited # of shots to go around, so PPG are going to go down whenever you add another star to a player like LeBron. Also your list of 2nd bananas includes a lot of players who wouldnt be the 3rd or even 4th option on a serious title contender.

My list of what? Link?

Cbfalcon theres some truth to what youre saying but of your list of LeBron teammates above the only players who are the Top 1-2 scorers on any contending team are Wade, and possibly Bosh and Love.

Sure Wade and Bosh both saw their stats go down. They were both playing with LeBron and each other. Theres only one basketball and x number of shots to go around. They also won a few championships so it seems to have worked out. Love is inexplicable to me. I think hes mostly been exposed as a volume scorer and a finesse big man.

If Hill, Hood, Clarkson, Hughes etc. are not the second best players on any contending team.

LeBron is ball dominant but hes also surrounded by garbage in Cleveland.

Basically the argument you are making is.....Only top 10 NBA scorers qualify as secondary and third scorers for Lebron.

Chris Bosh's last season in Toronto: 9th highest scorer in the NBA

Wade's last season before Lebron: 5th highest scorer in the NBA

Love's last season before Lebron: 4th leading scorer in the NBA

At least that helps refine the list of who qualifies as scoring help for Lebron next season.

Basically the argument you are making is.....Only top 10 NBA scorers qualify as secondary and third scorers for Lebron.

Chris Bosh's last season in Toronto: 9th highest scorer in the NBA

Wade's last season before Lebron: 5th highest scorer in the NBA

Love's last season before Lebron: 4th leading scorer in the NBA

At least that helps refine the list of who qualifies as scoring help for Lebron next season.

No. Im saying that your list of secondary scorers includes a lot of middling role players who wouldnt be the second best player on any contender. LeBron ruined Larry Hughes? Cmon.

If Hill, Hood, Clarkson, Hughes etc. are not the second best players on any contending team.

They don't need to be. Lebron has a teammate that averages 26 pts and 15 rebounds on non Lebron teams as a #2......Guys that score 17 pts per game should be more than adequate as #3 scorers though.

Glaring mismatch this series is the starting backcourts. Terry Rozier & Jaylen Brown are absolutely dominating George Hill and JR Smith. Boston's backcourt outscored Cleveland's 41 to 3 last night. I think they were 1 for 12 from the field with two air balls and a flagrant foul. :shocking:

If Ty Lue has any moxey at all he'll start Jose Calderon in game 3 at the point. He's a competitor, a bull dog on defense and a fan fav. Clarkston needs backcourt minutes too, he's just as athletic if not more that the Boston guys.

Hill/JR combo playing 30 minutes each is to damn old for these young horses on the C's. It's plain as day.

Nance needs minutes over Jeff Green too. Cleveland you traded for these young guys, play em. The old farts look just that.

like Ty gets to tell LeBron who plays :lol:

Good one

They don't need to be. Lebron has a teammate that averages 26 pts and 15 rebounds on non Lebron teams as a #2......Guys that score 17 pts per game should be more than adequate as #3 scorers though.

I'm not sure what y'all are arguing about so just tell me to go kick rocks but one point of note, and I say this as a fan of the Charlotte Hornets, a team mired in mediocrity.

There's a huge difference in "putting up stats" on a bad team in the regular season, than putting in meaningful production on elite and versus elite teams in the playoffs. You don't really know how good a player is, his production, until the rubber meets the road.

Just throwing that out there...........

I am not sure I ever saw Kevin Love play in Minnesota, but my guess is that he was an overrated volume scorer because he is tissue soft and has no post game at all in Cleveland. I guess you think LeBron ruined him? That makes one person on earth who thinks James should shoot less to get Love more involved.

Also, any person that thinks this series is over is fooling themselves. Cav's haven't played a home game yet. These things take wild turns, momentum is a helluv a thing.

And yes, yes, I know Boston's historical record going up 2-0 in a series. It means two things. Jack and Shiit. What happened 20 years ago means nothing to these two teams. Need I remind you of Cavs down 3-1 in the Finals two years ago.

We're just getting started.

Lebron quit, his team quit. Was the most shallow triple double of all time. (I heard that on the radio, I didn't watch)

You didnt check barstool to verify?

Also, any person that thinks this series is over is fooling themselves. Cav's haven't played a home game yet. These things take wild turns, momentum is a helluv a thing.

And yes, yes, I know Boston's historical record going up 2-0 in a series. It means two things. Jack and Shiit. What happened 20 years ago means nothing to these two teams. Need I remind you of Cavs down 3-1 in the Finals two years ago.

We're just getting started.

After one game we're just getting started would apply, but after two losses where they were dominated in it's up to them to show us this thing isn't over.

You didnt check barstool to verify?

used to check there 20+ times a day. It's sort of a joke now, terribly run, terrible writing. Some days I don't look at all

Lots of over-analysis in this thread.

Bottom line. The Celtics have talent, are well coached and they hustle like hell. They can no longer be overlooked.

Cavs are not out, but theyre in deep sh!t.

I am actually a LeBron supporter at this point. And I still consider it 50/50 that they win this series. And if they were then to somehow face the Rockets, Id consider it a push series.

But the argument that LeBron needs to be supplied with better helping scorers than the leagues 4th leading scorer and 3rd and 4th options that average 17 pts per game normally is ridiculous.

Side note. Who was #30 on the Celtics? He looked way out of place, like the fat guy in your over 40 league. All that was missing were rec specs.

Who is that dude? How is he in the NBA?

Pablo Sandoval renamed himself Gaberschon Yabusele

I am actually a LeBron supporter at this point. And I still consider it 50/50 that they win this series. And if they were then to somehow face the Rockets, Id consider it a push series.

But the argument that LeBron needs to be supplied with better helping scorers than the leagues 4th leading scorer and 3rd and 4th options that average 17 pts per game normally is ridiculous.

Clevelands issue is footspeed. They are slow to the ball and the Celtics just abused them on second chances and hustle plays

Pablo Sandoval renamed himself Gaberschon Yabusele

Bless you

Lots of over-analysis in this thread.

Bottom line. The Celtics have talent, are well coached and they hustle like hell. They can no longer be overlooked.

Cavs are not out, but theyre in deep sh!t.

Series is even until someone wins on the road. Home court advantage (referees) is absurd in the NBA. WWF officiating

LeBron needs a better supporting cast than what he has right now, including a better second option as a scorer. Nobody who has watched him in Cleveland thinks Love would be that guy if only LeBron shared more.

I am not sure I ever saw Kevin Love play in Minnesota, but my guess is that he was an overrated volume scorer because he is tissue soft and has no post game at all in Cleveland. I guess you think LeBron ruined him? That makes one person on earth who thinks James should shoot less to get Love more involved.

He was a fat post player in Min. Had a great old school game. Then he decided to go twink and become a 610 shooting guard

LeBron needs a better supporting cast than what he has right now, including a better second option as a scorer. Nobody who has watched him in Cleveland thinks Love would be that guy if only LeBron shared more.

So what guys would you feel good about as a second scoring option to Lebron?

Series is even until someone wins on the road. Home court advantage (referees) is absurd in the NBA. WWF officiating

Up 2-0 is even? So the Celtics started the series -2 games?

Up 2-0 is even? So the Celtics started the series -2 games?

They held serve. They are now going to play 2 games where undoubtably they will be on the bad side of officiating. We will have key players in foul trouble early. Book it

Clevelands issue is footspeed. They are slow to the ball and the Celtics just abused them on second chances and hustle plays

Agreed. Its why I want more Clarkston and Nance and less old farts like Hill and Green.

They held serve. They are now going to play 2 games where undoubtably they will be on the bad side of officiating. We will have key players in foul trouble early. Book it

The Cs didn't seem to get any home love from the officials. Game 1 fouls Cavs 12, Cs 17, Game 2 Cavs 21, Cs 18. That was definitely a flagrant 2, Tristan Thompson is mugging people on the box, Jeff Green blatantly traveled on that back door cut layup. Not complaining, refs have been fine, but if they tilt to the home team next game, it is going to glaring.

So what guys would you feel good about as a second scoring option to Lebron?

You want me to name all or some of them?

I think CLE needs a rim protector and 3 pt shooter who is not my age more than anything.

I think CLE needs a rim protector and 3 pt shooter who is not my age more than anything.

Maybe that's where newbie went?

You've already said that the NBA's 4th leading scorer the year prior in Love, and 9th leading scorer the year prior in Bosh don't necessarily meet your qualifications for the level of 2nd scoring option for Lebron...So I think it's fair for everyone to assume your list is reasonably short, so yes you can name all of them.

The Cs didn't seem to get any home love from the officials. Game 1 fouls Cavs 12, Cs 17, Game 2 Cavs 21, Cs 18. That was definitely a flagrant 2, Tristan Thompson is mugging people on the box, Jeff Green blatantly traveled on that back door cut layup. Not complaining, refs have been fine, but if they tilt to the home team next game, it is going to glaring.

Your team is up 2-0 and already complaining about officiating. Come on people. Sheesh.

You've already said that the NBA's 4th leading scorer the year prior in Love, and 9th leading scorer the year prior in Bosh don't necessarily meet your qualifications for the level of 2nd scoring option for Lebron...

I actually didnt say that.

I actually didnt say that.

but of your list of LeBron teammates above the only players who are the Top 1-2 scorers on any contending team are Wade, and possibly Bosh and Love.

Love was 4th in scoring the year before joining Lebron....Bosh was 9th.....and you say they only possibly qualify as top 2 scorers on a contender.....so it feels like you did say that :dunno:

CBF doesn't get in many "arguments" here. When he does, the kid is focking ruthless. :cheers:

• Like 1

Love was 4th in scoring the year before joining Lebron....Bosh was 9th.....and you say they only possibly qualify as top 2 scorers on a contender.....so it feels like you did say that :dunno:

Bosh won a title with LeBron. I said he was one of three legit 2nd options among your list of mostly dreck. I have no idea why Love sucks now, but watching him play hes a tissue soft jump shooter with almost no post game and I suspect like a lot of players his #s in Minny were a function of being the top option on a bad team.

It happens. MCW was ROY on a dreadful 76er team. Whose fault is it that he is useless now?

Are you telling me this Cavs team is any good outside of James?

Lebron quit, his team quit. Was the most shallow triple double of all time. (I heard that on the radio, I didn't watch)

I completely disagree with you on this and I was there (and watching the game). Lebron was dominant in the first quarter. He had 21 points with a lot of work taking place to get those 21. Later in the game, he looked to be focusing in on being a table setter with good passing, which is how he ended up with the assists.

He was a dominant scorer and the Celts had a really hard time stopping him, although they really used 4-5 defenders on him to make him work consistently. What he didn't do well was shoot free throws (missed 3 of his first 4, if I remember) and he had some turnovers as a result of looking to pass more than shoot. He is a poosay as that foul before he went to the locker room was not even a foul. If anything, it looked like the ball hit him in the face.

I completely disagree with you on this and I was there (and watching the game). Lebron was dominant in the first quarter. He had 21 points with a lot of work taking place to get those 21. Later in the game, he looked to be focusing in on being a table setter with good passing, which is how he ended up with the assists.

He was a dominant scorer and the Celts had a really hard time stopping him, although they really used 4-5 defenders on him to make him work consistently. What he didn't do well was shoot free throws (missed 3 of his first 4, if I remember) and he had some turnovers as a result of looking to pass more than shoot. He is a poosay as that foul before he went to the locker room was not even a foul. If anything, it looked like the ball hit him in the face.

He didn't quit till the 2nd half

He is a poosay as that foul before he went to the locker room was not even a foul. If anything, it looked like the ball hit him in the face.

Wait Wut? :shocking:

https://thebiglead.com/2018/05/15/video-lebron-james-heads-to-locker-room-after-taking-foul-to-face-from-jayson-tatum/

Full video in link.

Tatums shoulder, CLEARLY smacks (full speed and hard) Lebron right in the jaw, like a knockout boxing punch would do.

Wether it was a foul or not, whatever, it was a loose ball.....I can see it both ways from a foul perspective but there is nothing "poosay" about taking a shot like that. :doh:

Are y'all even watching these games?

If anything, it looked like the ball hit him in the face.

wow. Take the green teamer glasses off. way off base here

Shoulder right to the jaw. Almost looked blatant