Sign in to follow this  
Cruzer

Cowboys talk

Wait until week 12. E.Manning will have his best game of the season vs Dallas..

i traded Williams yesterday , now if i could just trade Dez. This team is a mess

I guess moving forward A.Dobson would be a better choice over T.Williams? trying to convince myself to make that switch / pick up..

Although Williams did score last night.

I'm so tired of us abandoning the run so quickly in these games. Murray had like 80 yards and a TD in the first quarter and wasn't heard from again until late in the 4th when down 30+.

I also hate to see us get torn apart with screens and dump passes yet nobody on the Cowboys offensive side of the ball seems to think it may be a good idea to implement some of those /plays concepts when we have the ball. When's the last time Dallas has run a "true" screen pass to Murray ? It's especially effective to slow down a pass rush which was necessary last night. Since they were double teaming DEZ; you could have cleared out an entire side of the field and done whatever you wanted to. Good offensive coordinators and good offenses find ways to get the ball in the hands of their play-makers. We don't.

It's like having your balls pounded flat with a wooden hammer being a Cowboys fan.

There's always next year.

Lost my ff week thanx to romo. I can't complain tho in all honesty everyone has a bad week. 38 points from rgknee I wish he would have saved that for bye week

Yeah, when the salary cap pain starts and we find our selves watching a team that is at the cap ceiling looking to try for another .500 season

at which point we will say...

there's always next year.

at which point we will say...

there's always next year.

Jerry said after the game, "I just didn't expect this" and "I never saw this coming." REALLY? Your team gave up 400 yards to Hall of Fame bound C. Ponder last week and the week before you gave up 600 yards to the stinking Lions - what in fhe fock did you think Drew Brees was going to do??? And I don't care if half our defense is banged up - the Saints were banged up too, and our offense was damn near healthy.

I've said it a thousand times - Jerry is completely fooled by his hand. He honestly believes his team is loaded with talent and that they are close - what a focking moron. I wish somebody had asked him, "Jerry, you took Escobar in the 2nd round last year - how did he play tonight?" ................. Look for Red and the whole bunch to be gone next year - bcoz it has to be somebody's fault and it damn sure isn't his. :rolleyes:

So what's the main problem? Coaching/schemes? D-Line? Something else?

the injuries can't be ignored. half the starting defense went down last year, and the same thing this year. but there's nothing to be done about that, so we'll leave it aside.

this has been brought up before, but the real issue is lack of identity. the team isn't built to dominate in any area on either side of the football. they aren't a pass-rushing team like the giants. they aren't a lockdown cover team like the seahawks. they certainly aren't a power running team, nor are they a pure passing team. in short, there's no area in which DAL is going to come in and impose their will on anyone--they're going to try to take what the other team gives them.

being flexible and responsive is good, but you have to have something to hang your hat on. not just a star player, but a whole facet of the game that is going to keep opposing coordinators up all night.

the problem is a misguided attempt as the idea of 'balance'. i honestly don't think a team can be truly balanced anymore. SEA is a great example. wilson can play, but they aren't a balanced team--they are a rushing team that can throw the football. and i don't care what the yardage numbers look like. when it comes right down to it, opposing coordinators lay awake at night sweating about stopping the run. everything follows from that.

NO is exactly the opposite. they're a passing team, but with a twist--they have a surrogate run game in the form of the quick passing game. and NO is what dallas should try to emulate. this happened last season--when the run game failed, they developed a short pass game that really excelled. but this season they got away from it.

IMO, this is because they are chasing 'balance'. the hell with that. the best players on your team are romo and the receiving corps. so give the game to them. try to run the ball, sure. but if that gets shut down, they need to be ready to work beasley and witten and hanna underneath. murray is a very good receiver out of the backfield--throw him the damn ball if the line isn't opening holes. this will pull the safeties up just like a running game will.

it killed me to watch them chase balance on sunday night. rush for 4 on 1st down, rush for no gain on 2nd down, throw an incompletion on 3rd and 6.

and the same on defense. it's tougher because of the injuries, but there's still no identity there. you have to really invest in one area, and economize in the others. decide whether you're going to be a front 7 team that helps the secondary, or a back end team that helps the pass rush.

crap--this went longer than i had planned. you get the point--dallas is not dominant at any aspect of the game. they need to decide what they're going to be, and be that. as long as they aim for pretty good at everything, they're not going to be great at anything.

Jerry Jones said in an interview that they were getting players back. Who?

Ware? He is already back but is not playing at 100%. Murray? He is back, but they don't use him.

S.Lee is done for at least 3 weeks. Who are they getting back?

What they should do is pick up Ed Reed. Why not? They can't cover anybody with who they have now, so why not take a shot with the Veteran Ed Reed? The defense needs a pick me up. They need to at least feel like they can stop somebody. Hey Jerry, pick up E.Reed.

The Cowboys panicked when they realized they were at the top of the division and might have to play an extra game in the playoffs. That would mess up there off-season travel plans.

So what's the main problem? Coaching/schemes? D-Line? Something else?

The problem starts and ends with Jerry Jones - period. That being said - there are multiple areas of disaster, again all of which are at the feet of Jerry Jones.

Problem: Lack of talent - Re: Jerry Jones. Those 90's SBs were both the best and worst thing to ever happen to this franchise. Since then JeRah has convinced himself he is a "football guy" and an "evaluator of talent." Well - fact is, he's not. Like many of the sheep buying into his mirage Jerry equates talent with $$ - to him big time contracts equal big time players.

Problem: Draft failure - Re: Jerry Jones. Since Parcells left Jerry has had 100% control of the war room. It's no suprise since then we have produced bust after bust after bust after bust. Then there is the problem with Jerry always wanting to out-smart the room. He is so hell bent on being a draft day pimp that he continues to trade down or trade away picks for the sake of looking like Oz. When you don't build from within, when you don't grow your own talent you lead to the next problem.

Problem: Free agent hell - Re: Jerry Jones. Bcoz of the lack of talent and bcoz we can't draft worth a shiat - Dallas finds itself in this dumpster. Jerry is forced to patch together a team with bits and pieces bcoz he focked up so bad in years past building a team thru the draft that he has no other options. What ends up happening, and what has happened, is that Jerry will spend so much money on one or two players that the rest of the FA's that he signs are cheap, third rate guys - often who the year before were out of the league altogether.

Problem: Contract extension nightmares - Re: Jerry Jones. For whatever reason Jerry loves to extend players to huge ass contracts 1 season after they had the year of their life (miles austin). After that we are stuck with a half ass bumb who looks like they came off a practice squad - then the sheep wonder what happened. He must be good - he's making $xyz million dollars? Jerry also loves to extend players once they've past their prime. We are on the books for $7m in dead money next year - thank you Jerry Jones and Jay Ratliff.

Problem: Bells & whistles - Re- Jerry Jones. Jerry reminds me of cat sometimes - put something shinny in front of him and he'll stare at it forever... You build teams and win championships from the inside out - offensive line, defensive line, etc. Jerry, on the other hand, is more enamored with sparkly things - wide receivers, cornerbacks, running backs, etc. We have so much money tied up in corners and wr's and so little invested in our lines - it is a no wonder we can't stop anybody or move the ball. Just as an example, Jerry gave M. Austin $57m, Scandrick $27m, Carr $50m, and gave away a 2nd round pick to move up and get Clairborne - meanwhile he picked up our left starting guard off the undrafted, free agent waiver wire and our starting right guard was sitting on his couch and not even in football when Jerry signed him this year. Dez is up soon for a new deal - I can't even imagine how stupid Jerry is about to get paying him.

Coaching is a problem - but until you fix all of the problems mentioned before, the rest won't matter. This team has holes, giant holes - this team lacks talent, real talent - this team lacks leadership - and this team has no focking clue what its doing in the draft room.

I agree with Cruzer, and I have a feeling he was just getting warmed up. :doh:

Jerry is the problem, alright. He ruins the draft with his picks. He hires weak coaches who will put up with him.

Jerry's biggest problem, I believe is that he allows a culture where winning is no big deal. I have said for years that the players feel like being an 8 and 8 Cowboy is cooler than being on another team with a fresh Super Bowl ring. Anthony Spencer acknowledged that attitude on local sports radio last year.

Jerry's biggest problem, I believe is that he allows a culture where winning is no big deal. I have said for years that the players feel like being an 8 and 8 Cowboy is cooler than being on another team with a fresh Super Bowl ring. Anthony Spencer acknowledged that attitude on local sports radio last year.

Another problem - the sheep who continue to support and buy into his circus act. Since Jerry World opened, the Cowboys have led the league in attendance - even sucking balls Jerry is making money hand over fist. Until the fans wake up, stop filling the stadium, and stop believing his "new approach" crap we are going to continue to be the Detroit Lions of the South.

... We have so much money tied up in corners and wr's and so little invested in our lines - it is a no wonder we can't stop anybody or move the ball. ...

you were doing fine up to this point. for 2013:

2 top DEs: $18.7M cash, $18.7M for cap

2 top CBs: $16.3M cash, $9M for cap

5 top DL, cap: $27M (including the ratliff investment)

5 top DB, cap: $13.8M

so DAL spent almost exactly twice as much on the DL as they did on the secondary.

you're somewhat closer to the mark with the offense. smith, frederick, and leary are still on rookie contracts, free took a pay cut, waters was playing cheap, and livings is gone. bernadeaux is still a problem. meanwhile, austin and dez combined come in at a cap figure of $6.5M--equal to doug free's cap number.

altogether, dallas spent $8M on WRs for 2013. only 5 teams spent less. among the teams that spent double that amount on WRs are PHI, SEA, TEN, WAS, and CHI. even when austin's big number comes up next season, DAL will still spend less than 16 other teams at the position. MIA, WAS, and SEA will all spend over $20M, while DAL's number will be $13M. slightly more then BUF, and slightly less than NYJ.

all numbers for 2013 and 2014 come from overthecap.com

The problem with the Cowboys is the star on the side of their helmet deludes both the players and the fans into thinking they are better than really are. They are wrapped up in the "America's Team" moniker that NFL films laid on them during the 70's that they haven't lived up to in 16 years. Jerrah is arrogant, ill-informed, and loose with is money in the wrong places. And the bottom line is that he doesn't give a shiat about winning games, only making money. Stadium rights, concessions, and merchandise is all he cares about.

Nice win today on the road against a Giants team who was feeling good about themselves with 4 straight wins to make today's game vs Dallas a big game.

The Cowboys were reeling on defense in recent weeks but played well enough to stop the Giants when they needed to. The Giants ran all over them, but T.Romo came up big late in the 4th qtr by bringing the Cowboys down the field with his arm. Very nice game by Romo. He kept his composure and led the team to a big win and in all essence has knocked the Giants out of the playoff hunt. Dallas is 4-0 in the division and 6-5 overall.

The Giants fall to 4-7.

yeah, this was an ugly win but an important one...because DAL found a way to overcome the momentum swing. DAL fans will all recognize the pattern: they start out well, but don't find a way to put the game out of reach. they let an opponent hang around, and suddenly the momentum shifts to the other team in the early 4th quarter. many, many times in the recent past, the cowboys have folded in this situation. that's where the "here we go again" attitude comes from.

this time, the defense fought back after allowing 2 scores, and the offense closed out the game. romo was nearly perfect on the final drive, and fought back despite drops by austin and dez. and the O line fought back after getting abused for most of the game, allowing romo the time to find open guys.

offense still isn't where it should be, and you can't be happy about giving up 200 yds on the ground. but this was a gritty win, which IMO is a greater cause for optimism than a blowout.

Good win against a bad NY Giants team. To be honest, it was a bit of a lucky win - lucky they didn't have to wheel Romo off the field in a gurney and lucky the Giants went brain dead and decided to stop running the ball. Likewise, I'm not sure why in the hell we stopped running the ball too. Both Murray and Dunbar were averaging over 6 yards a pop......... I was hugely encouraged to see Dez moved all over the field and into different spots and I was thrilled somebody finally woke up and decided to start targeting Beasley more...... It was a bidg divisional win but I'm not as excited or optimistic about it as most are. Yes NY had won 4 straight - but they had beaten a J. Freeman led Vikings team, a M. Barkley lead Eagles team, a Terrelle Pryor led Raiders team, and a Scott Tolzien led Packers team...... With 3 of the last 5 at home and with injuries hurting future opponents - things could be shaping up for a good finish. But this is the Cowboys and this is still a very average team - anything could happen.

Giants had thus game for the taking and should blame their offensive coaching staff. I would have run the football at least 40 times minimum. Brown routinely ripped off ten yard chunks at a time. They killed their own drives whenever they aired it out. And why is Dez single covered in man on that last drive lol...? Antrel Rolle looked like a dalmatian chasing a fire truck out there. Tough one for red-ass Coughlin to swallow- his team rushes for 200 yards yet still loses.

HUGE WIN for the Cowboys! pickles.gif

And like usual they not only have to beat the other team, they have to beat the Refs & especially themselves.

And like usual they not only have to beat the other team, they have to beat the Refs & especially themselves.

That was one of the worst officiated games ever. Dallas got screwed several times by horrible calls. But to be fair - the officials sucked equally as bad against the Giants. The muffed punt call was one of the most idiodic calls I've ever seen - the Giants had every right to be pissed.

there is a lot of bashers but that was a hard game on the road against a hot team in really crappy weather. Soon they will get Sean Lee back and people wont be able to run on them as much. The DB's did a great job against some really good WR's.

• Like 1

The muffed punt call was one of the most idiodic calls I've ever seen - the Giants had every right to be pissed.

agreed that the officiating was really bad for both teams, but IMO the muffed punt call was one of the few correct ones. had the ball hit the ground or another player, then all bets are off. but since the ball did not hit the ground, and did not touch another player, the returner is still protected based on the FC signal.

the really questionable one was the beasley fumble. i think that should have been ruled a fumble, since the personal foul doesn't give the cowboys a free play. i could be wrong though, since the PF happened before the fumble.

someone dig out the rulebook...

Well Kool Aid drinkers - you still in love with your team, still excited about the direction this thing is going?

I don't want to hear about injuries, I don't want to hear about the cold - our team got biatch slapped like a 2-bit , on national tv, by a team who in the previous 2 weeks had been blown out by the stinking Rams and beat by the pathetic Vikes. To add insult to injury, in addtition to having a bunch of gutless underachievers on the field - we have stupid ass coaches in the booth. Murray was running all over the Bears, 8.1 a carry - Randle equally was at 5.8 yards a carry, yet somebody with a headset decides it's a good idea to air it out and chunk it all over the field.

* We are going to lose next week to the Pack.

* We are going to lose the division.

* We are not going to the playoffs.

* Jerry will refill your glass with more Kool Aid and tell you everything is alright, that we are really close, and that he's excited about next year. :wall:

i think you're reacting emotionally rather than rationally. i understand--i'm angry myself, but it's unwise to let that cloud your judgment. after all, emotional reaction is the reason that rob ryan is in NO and going to the playoffs, while our ryan-style cover corners are probably going to be sitting at home.

you don't want to hear about injuries. but injuries are part of the game, and have to be factored into the equation. you've got guys starting who weren't even in the league on opening day. look at the front 7--you've got guys starting who weren't even in the league on opening day. there were a number of plays where the only projected front 7 starter on the field was bruce carter. look at jeffries' TD--covered by a UDFA rookie and a rookie 4th rounder. this defense just doesn't work unless the front 7 is getting to the QB. they didn't. as a result...

...CHI never punted.

it's not a complete surprise that a team like DEN never punted, or that NO punted only once. it's bad, but not shocking. but if the defense can't stop a single drive against CHI's backup QB, there's a real problem. which brings us to your point about playcalling.

if you look at the first few DAL offensive drives, you saw a team come out and impose their will on a weak CHI run defense. as gruden pointed out, it looked like the emmitt days. the offensive line was blowing guys off the LOS, and murray was running with vision and power. but the run game goes hand-in-hand with the defense. DAL scored 2 out of their first 3 drives...and CHI scored every drive.

when that happens, you can't just blindly "stick with the run". in fact, DAL tried to do exactly what you suggested, and it was directly responsible for the sequence in the second quarter. run-run-pass-punt. what happened then? CHI scored again. and after another 3 and out, they scored again. and after getting the ball to start the second half, they scored again.

the real problem with last night's playcalling is the opposite of what you suggest--they didn't pass the ball enough. they didn't establish dez, and austin was invisible. this is the 'chasing balance' problem that i talked about a month or so ago. this game was exactly like the DEN game. the difference was that v. DEN, no one expected the defense to stop peyton. consequently, the gameplan was very aggressive--everyone knew that romo was going to have to carry the team. so the gameplan was set up for him to do so. they didn't even pretend to be balanced.

this is getting really long, so i'll cut it short here. there are some things i'm very pissed about.

1. getting destroyed on screen passes.

2. where was ware? he was supposed to be about 90%, but he kept getting stoned 1 on 1. i'm a huge fan of his, but selvie was more disruptive. we can't pay that much money for that little production.

3. WTF is going on with bruce carter?

4. lack of defensive adjustments. lack of blitzes. lack of even an attempt to confuse mccown. i was sitting on my couch calling pass patterns, because the coverages were just that obvious.

5. chasing balance. after the first 2 drives, the gameplan didn't evolve. we saw a few interesting route combinations to TEs and slot guys, but what we didn't see was downfield aggressiveness to take advantage of an 8-man box. because murray was running great, dez should have had about 12 targets. nice, simple 4-routes off of play action. fade stops and slants. and of course, a few shots downfield that--successful or not--would put a lot of pressure on the safeties.

but the real issue here was the defense. last season, everyone was saying "ryan sucks--injuries are part of the game". but now, everyone is saying "gosh, ryan had to deal with too many injuries". it's ridiculous--both years they dealt with injuries. i can never remember a defense losing so many star players and key contributors over the course of 2 years. when the best 12-13 package guys you can put on the field include 6 street free agents (sims, selvie, hayden, lawrence, heath, moore), there's a real problem. when a backup DE has to start at SLB, there's a real problem. when a rookie 4th rounder has to cover a top-5 WR, there's a real problem.

and ultimately, when the chicago F'ing bears score every single drive, there's a real F'ing problem.

just before kickoff, i told my brother that this game would be the playoff barometer. if we couldn't find a way to win this game, then even if we made it to the playoffs, we would represent no threat.

last night was pretty conclusive.

:wall:

I think we are seeing more than ever that injuries are a simple fact of NFL life. Teams had better be deep, especially on defense. Jones is killing this team with his drafts, injuries or not. The NFL is a young man's game, you build through the draft. The Dallas defense has given up 800 freaking more yds through the air than Tony Romo has passed for.

Wow.

i think you're reacting emotionally rather than rationally. i understand--i'm angry myself, but it's unwise to let that cloud your judgment. after all, emotional reaction is the reason that rob ryan is in NO and going to the playoffs, while our ryan-style cover corners are probably going to be sitting at home.

you don't want to hear about injuries. but injuries are part of the game, and have to be factored into the equation. you've got guys starting who weren't even in the league on opening day. look at the front 7--you've got guys starting who weren't even in the league on opening day. there were a number of plays where the only projected front 7 starter on the field was bruce carter. look at jeffries' TD--covered by a UDFA rookie and a rookie 4th rounder. this defense just doesn't work unless the front 7 is getting to the QB. they didn't. as a result...

...CHI never punted.

it's not a complete surprise that a team like DEN never punted, or that NO punted only once. it's bad, but not shocking. but if the defense can't stop a single drive against CHI's backup QB, there's a real problem. which brings us to your point about playcalling.

if you look at the first few DAL offensive drives, you saw a team come out and impose their will on a weak CHI run defense. as gruden pointed out, it looked like the emmitt days. the offensive line was blowing guys off the LOS, and murray was running with vision and power. but the run game goes hand-in-hand with the defense. DAL scored 2 out of their first 3 drives...and CHI scored every drive.

when that happens, you can't just blindly "stick with the run". in fact, DAL tried to do exactly what you suggested, and it was directly responsible for the sequence in the second quarter. run-run-pass-punt. what happened then? CHI scored again. and after another 3 and out, they scored again. and after getting the ball to start the second half, they scored again.

the real problem with last night's playcalling is the opposite of what you suggest--they didn't pass the ball enough. they didn't establish dez, and austin was invisible. this is the 'chasing balance' problem that i talked about a month or so ago. this game was exactly like the DEN game. the difference was that v. DEN, no one expected the defense to stop peyton. consequently, the gameplan was very aggressive--everyone knew that romo was going to have to carry the team. so the gameplan was set up for him to do so. they didn't even pretend to be balanced.

this is getting really long, so i'll cut it short here. there are some things i'm very pissed about.

1. getting destroyed on screen passes.

2. where was ware? he was supposed to be about 90%, but he kept getting stoned 1 on 1. i'm a huge fan of his, but selvie was more disruptive. we can't pay that much money for that little production.

3. WTF is going on with bruce carter?

4. lack of defensive adjustments. lack of blitzes. lack of even an attempt to confuse mccown. i was sitting on my couch calling pass patterns, because the coverages were just that obvious.

5. chasing balance. after the first 2 drives, the gameplan didn't evolve. we saw a few interesting route combinations to TEs and slot guys, but what we didn't see was downfield aggressiveness to take advantage of an 8-man box. because murray was running great, dez should have had about 12 targets. nice, simple 4-routes off of play action. fade stops and slants. and of course, a few shots downfield that--successful or not--would put a lot of pressure on the safeties.

but the real issue here was the defense. last season, everyone was saying "ryan sucks--injuries are part of the game". but now, everyone is saying "gosh, ryan had to deal with too many injuries". it's ridiculous--both years they dealt with injuries. i can never remember a defense losing so many star players and key contributors over the course of 2 years. when the best 12-13 package guys you can put on the field include 6 street free agents (sims, selvie, hayden, lawrence, heath, moore), there's a real problem. when a backup DE has to start at SLB, there's a real problem. when a rookie 4th rounder has to cover a top-5 WR, there's a real problem.

and ultimately, when the chicago F'ing bears score every single drive, there's a real F'ing problem.

just before kickoff, i told my brother that this game would be the playoff barometer. if we couldn't find a way to win this game, then even if we made it to the playoffs, we would represent no threat.

last night was pretty conclusive.

:wall:

Emotion has nothing to do with it - facts, numbers, results, proof is what I base my analysis on. Everyone is crying for Rob Ryan now - why? Sure he might of been better than what we have now - but better of crap is still crap. During his tenure Ryan's best defense finished 14th in the league - his last year with us his unit ranked a whopping 19th - big whoop.. The kool aid drinkers will continue to buy into what the head clown is pouring. Since '95 we've had 6 different defensive coordinators - in that time they have all been fired for the simple fact they couldn't get it done. Did they all suck, did they all have injuries to this degree? No - what they had was the one constant this lousy organization has had since Jimmy left - Jerry Jones running the show. Mike Zimmer and Rob Ryan have both gone on to coach really good defensive units - in Zimmer's case he has a really damn good defense in Cincy. Did Zimmer and Ryan all of the sudden discover how to coach? No...............Bruce Carter? That's your boy - that's one of the guys you said you were excited about. He and Scandrick both blew big chances to turn the game around last night - and both are part of this 'new direction'. As far as running the ball and throwing it more - we will have to agree to disagree. 1:33 left in the half and we chunk it 3 straight times - failed all 3, punt the ball, and Chi drives it for another score right before half. We have clowns on the field, we have clowns in the booth, we have a clown writing the checks.

I think we are seeing more than ever that injuries are a simple fact of NFL life. Teams had better be deep, especially on defense. Jones is killing this team with his drafts, injuries or not. The NFL is a young man's game, you build through the draft.

if you're trying to say that dallas in an aging team, you might want to look at the numbers. hatcher, ware, romo, and witten are over 30. the other 18 starters are pretty young--DAL was rated 15th in the league age-wise at the beginning of the season, which included ratliff and waters. the team has gotten even younger since then.

and as for the draft, only 2 real free agent acquisitions started last night: carr and bernadeaux. the other 20 guys were home-grown picks or adds from the street.

1:33 left in the half and we chunk it 3 straight times - failed all 3, punt the ball, and Chi drives it for another score right before half.

this is what i mean by emotional. they were in the 2min drill...down a timeout with a full field to drive...trailing on the scoreboard...with CHI to get the ball to begin the 2nd half...and you're suggesting that they should have run the ball in that situation.

that just doesn't make football sense.

this is what i mean by emotional. they were in the 2min drill...down a timeout with a full field to drive...trailing on the scoreboard...with CHI to get the ball to begin the 2nd half...and you're suggesting that they should have run the ball in that situation.

that just doesn't make football sense.

The Boys had not stopped Chi in the 3 possessions of the first half that the Bears had - 3 straight scoring drives. Dallas twice engineered and scored on 2 TD drives - both heavily fueled by Murray and running the ball. Did we not learn anything from teh Washington game a couple years back? You keep doing what works (run it), if you bust one and get yourself some field position - then you take a chance and air it out. To flat out give up, air it out, stop the clock, and give it back to the Bears was the 13,485th coaching fock up of the Red Garrett era.... And btw, shockingly - the Bears did what with it? Drove it down for a TD. You were only 3 down heading to the half, on the road, in the cold. Now you are 10 and really in a deep pile of shiat.

and as for the draft, only 2 real free agent acquisitions started last night: carr and bernadeaux. the other 20 guys were home-grown picks or adds from the street.

Bingo - head, nail, hit......... The combination of poor drafting and signing free agents from off the street is not a winning forumula. Injuries sometimes force your hand and you have to pick up guys on the wire - agreed. Difference, one of the major fock up problems with Jerry is that he sees plugging holes with out of the league players as a philosophy, not as a necessity. He actually believes he is so smart and talent savy that he builds into his team constructing process the spot for 2 or 3 undrafted FA's or guys sitting on their couch.... Part of the reason he does this is bcoz he is so in love with over-paying for bells and whistles. We trade up and give away draft picks, trade away future #1's, etc. all for getting flashy wrs and corners (clairborne, roy williams, j. galloway, etc.). Until he builds from the lines out we are going to continue to blow - youth, direction, culture, all for not.

Jerry Jones said in an interview that they were getting players back. Who?

Ware? He is already back but is not playing at 100%. Murray? He is back, but they don't use him.

S.Lee is done for at least 3 weeks. Who are they getting back?

What they should do is pick up Ed Reed. Why not? They can't cover anybody with who they have now, so why not take a shot with the Veteran Ed Reed? The defense needs a pick me up. They need to at least feel like they can stop somebody. Hey Jerry, pick up E.Reed.

You're as adept a judge of personnel as Jerruh if you think Ed Reed can help.

This is going to be very much like the movie "We Were Soldiers", when the NVA general at the end said the worse thing the Americans could've done was win that battle. The Cowboys winning this game will be worse for the team, as there is no way in hell this coaching staff deserves to keep their jobs. A shocking loss at home to the pack may have put Garrett and Co. on thin ice.

Deservedly so.