Sign in to follow this  
NewbieJr

I quit my new job after one week.

Ok, I hinted in my 8-page job thread that something big was going down. Here's the dilio......

On Tuesday morning, I get a call on my cell phone. I don't recognize the number, but I answer. They say the name of the company. It is one I applied for (along with dozens of others) about two months ago from Careerbuilder or Monster.

He asked if I was still looking for work. I told him I just started a new job yesterday, but would gladly speak with him (I remembered that the salary was much higher). He agreed to meet with me at 6:30 AM Wednesday morning.

Interview went great and he spoke, at times, like he was ready to hire me on the spot. That didn't happen, but he said he'd be in touch. Wednesday evening came and went and so did Thursday. I figured they went in another direction.

This afternoon, the guy called me on my cell and made me an offer. It is a full 17K more than I was set to make at the job I just started. :pointstosky:

Bad news is, I felt like a heel having to tell the plant and warehouse managers this afternoon that I was leaving after one week.

Good news is, barring a failed drug test and/or physical, I start the new job next week. Drug test/physical are tomorrow morning at 11:45.

I want to take this opportunity to thank all of those who believed in me throughout this ordeal. My wife, my daughter. The Lord. Kutulu. Mike at FFToday. :wipesawaytear:

I want to take this opportunity to thank all of those who believed in me throughout this ordeal. My wife, my daughter. The Lord. Kutulu. Mike at FFToday, Obama, Barry Bonds..:wipesawaytear:

Fixed

Fixed

Actually, Obama's focking economy cost me money. After making me the offer, he explained that the company had a 5% pay decrease last year. They've since rebounded and gave back 2.5%, but they are still down 2.5%. I will be included in that so that when they get it back, I will also see an increase.

Who voted for this clown? Is he even an American?

I'm sorry, but did you just use the word "dilio"? Is that the one that's pronounced "dee-lee-o"? Are you focking GHEY? It was okay when Jessica Alba used that word on "Dark Angel" because, well, she's a chick and she's Jessica Alba. But you're not. Please turn in your man card and go listen to ABBA.

:doublethumbsup:

Congrats on the new new job. If you recall I was one of your supporters. :pointstosky:

I'm sorry, but did you just use the word "dilio"? Is that the one that's pronounced "dee-lee-o"? Are you focking GHEY? It was okay when Jessica Alba used that word on "Dark Angel" because, well, she's a chick and she's Jessica Alba. But you're not. Please turn in your man card and go listen to ABBA.

:doublethumbsup:

Congrats on the new new job. If you recall I was one of your supporters. :pointstosky:

I did use the word dilio. And I do like Abba. I also have blonde highlights.

Draw your own conclusions. :doublethumbsup:

alsothanks

Congrats Newbie. :pointstosky: I'm going to go off character with you and give an honest response, instead of just giving you shiot.

I literally just got off of the phone for a 3rd interview with a company. At the end I asked if he had any more questions about me, and he said "I've got my 'standard' interview question left -- if you hired on, what would cause you to leave within two weeks?" I'm kinda new to this interview thingy and couldn't immediately think of anything. I believe I handled it OK in the end, but my point is that it never occurred to me that an option was that somebody would give me an offer I couldn't refuse. After I hung up tho, I thought about a startup opportunity I'm working on, and while it might not be two weeks, I could see leaving a job after a short time if that takes off. So I can't say that I blame you, and I certainly understand how it would be a difficult decision.

Back on character, did you get it in writing? Doesn't sound like you did, and I look forward to your post next week about how some complication came up and you ended up losing the current job and not getting the new one, in which case I'll conclude that this has all been a big fishing expedition. :doublethumbsup:

The correct answer to that question is probably "nothing would make me leave in two weeks."

Congrats Newbie. :pointstosky: I'm going to go off character with you and give an honest response, instead of just giving you shiot.

I literally just got off of the phone for a 3rd interview with a company. At the end I asked if he had any more questions about me, and he said "I've got my 'standard' interview question left -- if you hired on, what would cause you to leave within two weeks?" I'm kinda new to this interview thingy and couldn't immediately think of anything. I believe I handled it OK in the end, but my point is that it never occurred to me that an option was that somebody would give me an offer I couldn't refuse. After I hung up tho, I thought about a startup opportunity I'm working on, and while it might not be two weeks, I could see leaving a job after a short time if that takes off. So I can't say that I blame you, and I certainly understand how it would be a difficult decision.

Back on character, did you get it in writing? Doesn't sound like you did, and I look forward to your post next week about how some complication came up and you ended up losing the current job and not getting the new one, in which case I'll conclude that this has all been a big fishing expedition. :doublethumbsup:

The fact that they were actually training me in a new position was why giving them two weeks wouldn't have made a difference. It would have just been wasted training a short-timer.

As for 'getting in in writing', God, that would suck if something fell through. Even though I haven';t taken recreational drugs in over 15 years, I'm still nervous that something could go wrong with my drug test/physical. That would be a kick in teh pants. I would have to use the must-be-something-in-my-supplements response.

The correct answer to that question is probably "nothing would make me leave in two weeks."

That's basically what I said. I stated that as per my resume, if anything I am loyal to a fault, and that short of some unusual information, I couldn't see it happening. I further stated that the most likely "unusual information" would be a strong indication of illegal or unethical behavior, as I might be inclined to distance myself from any implications to said behavior sooner than later.

The fact that they were actually training me in a new position was why giving them two weeks wouldn't have made a difference. It would have just been wasted training a short-timer.

As for 'getting in in writing', God, that would suck if something fell through. Even though I haven';t taken recreational drugs in over 15 years, I'm still nervous that something could go wrong with my drug test/physical. That would be a kick in teh pants. I would have to use the must-be-something-in-my-supplements response.

I thought that your value proposition to them, justifying your higher salary, was that you knew the job/group already, and that bringing somebody new up to speed would cost a lot in training. :dunno:

Also, passing anything like a drug test is table stakes. I was referring to your difficult decision to leave a company based on a cell phone convo vs. a formal offer.

I want to take this opportunity to thank all of those who believed in me throughout this ordeal. My wife, my daughter. The Lord. Kutulu. Mike at FFToday. :wipesawaytear:

I got your back. :dunno:

I call BS.

You supposedly went through all these negotiations asking for more money cuz you could walk right in and do the job, and now all the sudden you need all this training.

Wow, new job offer, big bucks, but you throw out "I hope I pass the drug test and physical even though I haven't done drugs for 15 years". Just tell us you figured out a way to stay on the Govt dole for a few more months and spare us your lies.

Your stories add up worse than a GFIAFP 9/11 special. :dunno:

Ok, I hinted in my 8-page job thread that something big was going down. Here's the dilio......

On Tuesday morning, I get a call on my cell phone. I don't recognize the number, but I answer. They say the name of the company. It is one I applied for (along with dozens of others) about two months ago from Careerbuilder or Monster.

He asked if I was still looking for work. I told him I just started a new job yesterday, but would gladly speak with him (I remembered that the salary was much higher). He agreed to meet with me at 6:30 AM Wednesday morning.

Interview went great and he spoke, at times, like he was ready to hire me on the spot. That didn't happen, but he said he'd be in touch. Wednesday evening came and went and so did Thursday. I figured they went in another direction.

This afternoon, the guy called me on my cell and made me an offer. It is a full 17K more than I was set to make at the job I just started. :music_guitarred:

Bad news is, I felt like a heel having to tell the plant and warehouse managers this afternoon that I was leaving after one week.

Good news is, barring a failed drug test and/or physical, I start the new job next week. Drug test/physical are tomorrow morning at 11:45.

Hi, I seek support from fake men/women from an anonomys posting board. Please hire me because I am as traight out

######!ING looser. Thank you!

Some are here for pleasure others are here for life!

Kutulu comes before The Lord but after your wife and daughter

:pointstosky: dont have a poppy seed bagel before drug test :cheers:

and congrats

Kutulu comes before The Lord but after your wife and daughter

:cheers: dont have a poppy seed bagel before drug test :argue:

and congrats

Thanks, man.

I haven't eaten any poppy seeds lately, but I did eat a chicklet that was handed to me by a friend of mine who's been known to do a line or two. I was out having a few drinks last night. I said to the guy, 'dude, is there anything on your fingers that would make me fail a drug test?"

Can an employer fail you because of high testosterone levels? :makesmuscle:

Wish me luck.....10:00 AM soccer scrimmage and 11:45 drug test. Will they check my prostate? :pointstosky:

Thanks, man.

I haven't eaten any poppy seeds lately, but I did eat a chicklet that was handed to me by a friend of mine who's been known to do a line or two. I was out having a few drinks last night. I said to the guy, 'dude, is there anything on your fingers that would make me fail a drug test?"

Can an employer fail you because of high testosterone levels? :makesmuscle:

Wish me luck.....10:00 AM soccer scrimmage and 11:45 drug test. Will they check my prostate? :pointstosky:

Why am I not suprised you hang with druggie losers. :doublethumbsup:

i didnt believe in you, but congrats

:music_guitarred:

Why am I not suprised you hang with druggie losers. :music_guitarred:

I did my share of partying back in the day. I'm still friends with many of them.

Can an employer fail you because of high testosterone levels? :lovemuscle:

I don't think the fact that your ass is filled with man yogurt will effect your chances of getting the job. :thumbsdown:

I don't think the fact that your ass is filled with man yogurt will effect your chances of getting the job. :thumbsdown:

:shocking:

hey! i'm pretty effin sure ADDICT supported you and *maybe* even bordered on helpful at times... :dunno:

congrats and i hope it all works out great for you!!

Nice job Edjr, maybe your wife can leave you and the circle will be complete.

Hi, I seek support from fake men/women from an anonomys posting board. Please hire me because I am as traight out

######!ING looser. Thank you!

Some are here for pleasure others are here for life!

:lol:

Wow. I think that deep inside this chestnut of wisdom, there's supposed to be something that I should take as an insult. I'm just not quite drunk or moronic enough to tell what it is. :music_guitarred:

:wave:

Congrats on the new new job. If you recall I was one of your supporters. :thumbsup:

I thought he said d!ldo. Seemed like your avaerage NewbieJr post to me.

RLLD thinks you're scum for making more than you really need to and crippling the economy. :headbanger:

Congrats on the new job. :music_guitarred:

For 17K it is an easy thing to justify leaving the new job. I would think they would understand.

Congrats on the new job. :nono:

For 17K it is an easy thing to justify leaving the new job. I would think they would understand.

Thank you.

When I first told the guy that I had another job offer, I could tell by the look on his face that he thought I was being a dooshbag just to get him to raise the salary we agreed upon. When I told him what the new offer was, he realized I wasn't playing that game.

He said the same thing that I told my wife- It's a no-brainer, but the timing sucked.

Kutulu comes before The Lord but after your wife

I don't know about Newbie's case, but my wife was pretty clear that she came before kutulu... a couple times actually. :nono:

I don't know about Newbie's case, but my wife was pretty clear that she came before kutulu... a couple times actually. :pointstosky:

I practice a lot just for the wimmens. :nono:

Hopefully they have this site blocked keeping you from posting here...

I'd hate to miss your informative copy & pastes. Do you have a newsletter I can subscribe to?

Thank you.

When I first told the guy that I had another job offer, I could tell by the look on his face that he thought I was being a dooshbag just to get him to raise the salary we agreed upon. When I told him what the new offer was, he realized I wasn't playing that game.

He said the same thing that I told my wife- It's a no-brainer, but the timing sucked.

Newbie's next thread:

I didn't get the new job--failed drug test because of cocaine laced chicklet. :lol:

I'm sure I speak for all of us. It's one thing to be a welcher at FFToday, but it's really taking it to another level to do it in real life. You are a piece of sh!t. You focked that place over, you mongrel.

Congrats to NewbieJr, the newest inductee to the FFT Welchers Jar of Shame. Other luminaries include YodaThePug, MDC, QLazzurus.

I'm sure I speak for all of us. It's one thing to be a welcher at FFToday, but it's really taking it to another level to do it in real life. You are a piece of sh!t. You focked that place over, you mongrel.

Congrats to NewbieJr, the newest inductee to the FFT Welchers Jar of Shame. Other luminaries include YodaThePug, MDC, QLazzurus.

For 17K a year, I'll buy and wear a "I'm a Welcher" T-shirt. <_<