Sign in to follow this  
mmmmm...beer

Possible Rule Changes 2019

Alright fock it! :angry: No rule changes except the new quitters rule! You fockers are going off rail.

I propose a stayers rule. The longer you stay, the more points you get for home games. It builds a bigger home field advantage the longer you last in the league.

Alright fock it! :angry: No rule changes except the new quitters rule! You fockers are going off rail.

let's slow down a little. you just posted this morning. i am not seeing many no's. a lot of owners are throwing out ideas. maybe discussions on specific topics could refine potential changes.

ie: quite a few people are talking about incorporating some type reward for higher scoring for the week (extra wins). it may be a concept that people want, but needs polishing.

I propose a stayers rule. The longer you stay, the more points you get for home games. It builds a bigger home field advantage the longer you last in the league.

Quitters and Stayers Rules to be enacted 2019!

Break up the Elway Divison? each team with more points scored than The Die Nasty The Padrino. #'s 1,2,4 and 6 in overall scoring........ no teams under .500

I have 2 serious rules change proposals, I care more about the draft timer. The other proposal is more of a throwing it out there.

Expand the draft timer from 8 hours to either 12 or 16 hours.

Have rolling conference top 4 teams in division 1, middle 4 teams in division 2, and bottom 4 teams in division 3. With the conferences being reset every year.

I dont care about the draft timer, but Im alarmed somebody else does care. Normally our draft lasts a couple days. If someone is thinking they need more time, we need to do the draft earlier than normal.

I dont care about the draft timer, but Im alarmed somebody else does care. Normally our draft lasts a couple days. If someone is thinking they need more time, we need to do the draft earlier than normal.

I think my family reunion is over the draft next year. Just gives a safety net and time for trading picks.

I have 2 serious rules change proposals, I care more about the draft timer. The other proposal is more of a throwing it out there.

Have rolling conference top 4 teams in division 1, middle 4 teams in division 2, and bottom 4 teams in division 3. With the conferences being reset every year.

yes on the timer

no on the rolling conference as it pertains to having the top 4, middle 4 and bottom 4 in separate divisions. Obviously, it doesn't mean that the bottom 4 will remain the bottom 4 while they are in a division together, but being a dynasty and teams needing to build themselves up, I'd really hate to see a division of 4 weak teams getting an automatic playoff bid.

i'd personally be more open to every few seasons doing a random draft for division reallignment. Ed (or whoever the real commish is) uses a draft order generator with EVERYONE's e-mail in it. Teams get randomly generated picks 1-12 like for a draft but 1-4, 5-8 and 9-12 are the new divisions.

I have yet to read a good reason for changing up the divisions.

I like rivalries. Example: I have to think someone like Ed would be less proud today had he won a division I wasnt a part of.

And any this division is too stacked or that division is too easy situation is cyclical.

I have yet to read a good reason for changing up the divisions.

I like rivalries. Example: I have to think someone like Ed would be less proud today had he won a division I wasnt a part of.

And any this division is too stacked or that division is too easy situation is cyclical.

This is true... our division was pretty tough a few year ago.. sh!t happens.. players get old etc. Sh!t even Gary getting 6 years of #1 draft picks was ableto make it to the playoffs.

This is true... our division was pretty tough a few year ago.. sh!t happens.. players get old etc. Sh!t even Gary getting 6 years of #1 draft picks was ableto make it to the playoffs.

Rivallries: Pat and I duked it out for about 5 years and it was fun. The matchups both took place late in the season and it decided things. I even made a runner up to me comment at him in the golf bet this past week.

And now just 2-3 years later.... Pats team is so bad that the new guy doesnt think its fair...and focking Ed is on top, and now I want to take back whats mine next year with a vengeance. Put me in a division with 3 new teams, and then that fun is gone.

Rivallries: Pat and I duked it out for about 5 years and it was fun. The matchups both took place late in the season and it decided things. I even made a runner up to me comment at him in the golf bet this past week.

And now just 2-3 years later.... Pats team is so bad that the new guy doesnt think its fair...and focking Ed is on top, and now I want to take back whats mine next year with a vengeance. Put me in a division with 3 new teams, and then that fun is gone.

i suppose i can understand this. the long standing owners have more rivalries built up than the newer people.

and i will side with the vets on that because ive been there and am there in other dynasties.

So... been thinking on this one for a bit.

Instead of QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, FLEX, TE

We do: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, FLEX, FLEX, TE

I was talking with another owner in the league about this. He thinks it would help alleviate some of those times when we're getting hammered with injuries at WR, which admittedly we all go through. It's at times hard to put up 3 healthy WR's consistantly.

This gives us a bit more flexability when those injuries hit.

I agree and throw this out on the floor for discussion.

This sounds good....well, at least not bad. Would not be opposed to further discussion.

Also.. we need to come up with a quitters rule. You make mention you're ~sticking for reals, we need some sort of oversite to all further trades and roster moves.

Yes!

I propose TD passes go from 6 to 4 and we add bonuses for performance (ie... 3 points for over 100 yard rush or receive, 300 for TD pass)

I like this too.....QBs score too many points....would love to see TDs go from 6 to 4. The bonus for yard milestones.....I can be swayed for or nay.

My favorite rule ever!!!!

I have no problem with the timer change for the draft.......I wouldnt like division realignments though.

Who did he draft #1 overall :shocking:

Who did he draft #1 overall :shocking:

probably Luck

i just randomly went back and looked at the 2011 draft and what stood out to me

1. CBF constantly just saying "steal of the draft" after each pick and really wasn't wrong. Mark Ingram, AJ Green, DeMarco Murray, Andy Dalton

2. someone drafted Daniel Thomas ahead of AJ Green

3. someone drafted Lex Hilliard ahead of AJ Green

4. someone drafted Blaine Gabbert ahead of Cam Newton and commented how they were sniped and really wanted Delone Carter (who? exactly)

Andrew Luck was Gary's first pick in 2012

what a terrible draft class. look at that show of a first round.

steals looked like Russell Wilson, Marvin Jones, Alshon Jeffery and Josh Gordon (then and maybe now)

2013 Gary picks LeVeon Bell first overall... I'm assuming someone bent him over in a trade for Bell at some point.

but the good news is Montee Ball going 2nd overall to the team I think I eventually took over. (couldn't have picked DeAndre Hopkins? jerk)

2014 at 1.03 Gary picks Bishop Sankey sandwiched between Mike Evans and Brandin Cooks with Odell going 8th. Lot of nice talent in this draft.

it mostly looks like Gary was plundered of all his draft picks. more so than always making terrible ones.

1. CBF constantly just saying "steal of the draft" after each pick and really wasn't wrong. Mark Ingram, AJ Green, DeMarco Murray, Andy Dalton

4. someone drafted Blaine Gabbert ahead of Cam Newton and commented how they were sniped and really wanted Delone Carter (who? exactly)

For what its worth, the Lex Hilliard owner was booted after that next season I believe..

As for the greatest draft class of all time by a single franchise, yes. Done via the wheel and deal.

1.01 I take Ingram. Id acquired that pick from Gary in a trade in which I gave up Steve Smith maybe 2 years prior.

1.05 AJ Green. Ed owned pick 1.05. I actually owned 1.06. But once the Hilliard pick was made, I gave Ed a second rounder to move up one spot. At the time I knew Ed wanted Ryan Williams (hed already taken Julio and had no RBs), but I couldnt risk someone else jumping up.

2.07 Demarco Murray: As a Cowboys watcher, I knew Felix Jones had the worst vision of any RB ever to play in the league.

3.02 Andy Dalton - I traded a future 2nd for this pick, as I remember claiming at the time that Dalton was going to be a Matt Hasselbeck like performer, and the value was too good to pass up. Obviously being a DFW guy, Id seen plenty of TCU games.

In short, this is the type of savvy, sophistication, and sex appeal you are now competing with.

2013 Gary picks LeVeon Bell first overall... I'm assuming someone bent him over in a trade for Bell at some point.

The Fightin' Neckbeards gave up Richardson, Trent IND RB

Dung Dealers gave up Bell, Le'Veon PIT RB;McFadden, Darren OAK RB; Year 2014 Round 1 Draft Pick from Dung Dealers

Comments: If you throw in Le'Veon Bell to the mix, I would do the Richardson trade. Bell, McFadden and next years #1 and he is yours.

In short, this is the type of savvy, sophistication, and sex appeal you are now competing with.

i suppose, though need or no need, no way either miami RB should have gone before Green and if i'm Ed i take BPA for a talent like Green unless im absolutely blown away.

Murray also strikes me as going way too low for that years rookie ADP.

Dung Dealers gave up Bell, Le'Veon PIT RB;McFadden, Darren OAK RB; Year 2014 Round 1 Draft Pick from Dung Dealers

Comments: If you throw in Le'Veon Bell to the mix, I would do the Richardson trade. Bell, McFadden and next years #1 and he is yours.

oh good lord.

i suppose, though need or no need, no way either miami RB should have gone before Green and if i'm Ed i take BPA for a talent like Green unless im absolutely blown away.

Murray also strikes me as going way too low for that years rookie ADP.

These are easy calls to make in hindsight. But you look at every draft weve had, there are tons of huge misses that look very stupid in hindsight. Its one of the reasons valuing proven players over rookie picks is a viable strategy, as you can let someone else make the mistakes.

I think Green, Julio, and Ingram were the concensus top 3, but this article has it:

1. Ingram

2. Daniel Thomas

3. Green

4. Julio

5. Ryan Williams

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/examining-the-2011-rookie-class/amp/

oof

Trades I made in 2013 :cry:

1. Asomugha to Mouth / Romosexuals Trade
Asomugha to Mouth gave up Powell, Bilal NYJ RB;Jones, Julio ATL WR
Romosexuals gave up Thomas, Pierre NOS RB;Welker, Wes DEN WR
Wed Nov 6 11:40:14 a.m. ET 2013
2. Asomugha to Mouth / Big Blue Balls Trade
Asomugha to Mouth gave up Wilson, David NYG RB; Year 2014 Round 2 Draft Pick from PeckerWoods
Big Blue Balls gave up Douglas, Harry ATL WR; Year 2014 Round 2 Draft Pick from Big Blue Balls
Wed Oct 23 9:06:16 p.m. ET 2013
3. PeckerWoods / Asomugha to Mouth Trade
PeckerWoods gave up Williams, DeAngelo CAR RB
Asomugha to Mouth gave up Heyward-Bey, Darrius IND WR
Wed Oct 23 9:26:37 a.m. ET 2013
4. Asomugha to Mouth / PeckerWoods Trade
Asomugha to Mouth gave up Foles, Nick PHI QB;Bush, Reggie DET RB; Year 2014 Round 1 Draft Pick from Asomugha to Mouth;Year 2015 Round 1 Draft Pick from Asomugha to Mouth
PeckerWoods gave up Manning, Peyton DEN QB;Bolden, Brandon NEP RB; Year 2014 Round 2 Draft Pick from PeckerWoods;Year 2015 Round 2 Draft Pick from PeckerWoods

I think this was my first good trade in the league. I made some really bad ones. At the time it wasn't as good as it looks now obviously. Coming out of college, I thought Richardson was a generational talent. His rookie year was very promising (although his average was low and it was propped up by TDs). His second year was less good, but myself and most others I know still thought he was going to be great. He was leaving the Browns and had a chance to explode on his new offense.

Other than switching teams, it was a lot like Todd Gurley. Promising coming out of college, good first year, down second year, who knew what the next year would bring. Effectively 2 first rounders and a veteran role player would have been in line with Gurley's value this offseason I believe.

Bell was as unknown, although promising. McFadden was whatever. Obviously worked out well for me.

I remember Gary contacting me as soon as Richardson was traded to the Colts saying he would trade anything other than Luck for him. I probably could have gotten more in hindsight.

These are easy calls to make in hindsight. But you look at every draft weve had, there are tons of huge misses that look very stupid in hindsight. Its one of the reasons valuing proven players over rookie picks is a viable strategy, as you can let someone else make the mistakes.

I think Green, Julio, and Ingram were the concensus top 3, but this article has it:

1. Ingram

2. Daniel Thomas

3. Green

4. Julio

5. Ryan Williams

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/examining-the-2011-rookie-class/amp/

I wasn't going by hindsight but more so my memory of typical rookie drafts that season

Yeah, Billings

I lived in Billings for a couple years after colludge. Worked for Yellowstone Co in the detention facility. Fock did I hate that job. We were direct supervision so we were locked down with the inmates. 88 guys just wandering around you. It was like going to prison every day and getting out to go sleep. I hated working corrections.

I also lived in Forsyth and went to my junior year of high school there.

I've worked all over MT though.. Northern Cheyenne, Crow, Ft. Peck, Blackfeet, Flathead, Helena.

Was in the National Guard in Miles City...

Yeah, Billings

I am a Montana State grad and lived in both Sheridan, wy and Powell, wy. When I lived in Wyoming we went to billings every other month because it was the closest shopping.

I am a Montana State grad and lived in both Sheridan, wy and Powell, wy. When I lived in Wyoming we went to billings every other month because it was the closest shopping.

What year did you grad Mt State? Got a buddy graduated from there in the late 90's. Played football for the Bobcats... huuuge guy. Biggest white looking dude I've ever met and been close friends with.

What year did you grad Mt State? Got a buddy graduated from there in the late 90's. Played football for the Bobcats... huuuge guy. Biggest white looking dude I've ever met and been close friends with.

Fairly recently, maybe 2009. I took a large break from college where I worked construction, skied, fished, and hunted. There were three years in a row where I fished at least 100 days and bird hunted 40 days.

With many more years of 30-40 days of fishing, 30-40 days of skiing, etc.

Fairly recently, maybe 2009. I took a large break from college where I worked construction, skied, fished, and hunted. There were three years in a row where I fished at least 100 days and bird hunted 40 days.

With many more years of 30-40 days of fishing, 30-40 days of skiing, etc.

Nice.. can't fault you for that if you could pull it off.

I think we kicked the Lex Hilliard guy out the following season. He was super weird, and only communicated in emoticons.

I was the Blaine Gabbert guy. No idea who Delone Carter is either. I apparently really liked him at that time. Atleast I got Russel Wilson in the 3rd, the following season.

I think we kicked the Lex Hilliard guy out the following season. He was super weird, and only communicated in emoticons.

I was the Blaine Gabbert guy. No idea who Delone Carter is either. I apparently really liked him at that time. Atleast I got Russel Wilson in the 3rd, the following season.

was that or was that not 90sbaby?

29 guests I think was the name?

Oh right. HA

all this time I thought it was 90sbaby :lol: