Sign in to follow this  
Mike Honcho

YouTube, Apple and Facebook remove content from InfoWars and Alex Jones

So let me see if I understand this. Seriously.

seems to me I was pretty much the only guy jumping up and down about the Sinclair acquisition here. Trump replaced the FCC guy with his own guy so that he could bypass a rule that limited the amount of markets any one media Corporation could own or broadcast in. Sinclair was fixing to own local TV stations, news stations in something like 80% of American markets.. and nobody cared.

Then it was revealed that Sinclair corporate offices would hand down corporate political screeds in favor of trump and the hard right that made Fox News look like PBS. And the local stations were required upon fear of being fired to read these corporate screeds. And nobody said nothing.

and then Sinclair got caught because they literally all said the same thing all at the same time. Not that people weren't warned, but somebody got smart enough and did a mash up on the internet that went viral. Then they said holy ! When did this happen?

even with Trump's hand-picked guy, even with the rule that would have disallowed this monopoly from being overturned, even then Sinclair found a way to fuuck it up. Thank God. And even Trump's own hand-picked guy said okay, that's enough.

but again, if it weren't for Sinclair's incompetence and arrogance thinking that they owned the president literally 80% of our markets would have been saturated with one hard right voice that made Hannity sound like Murphy Brown.

And most of you guys said nothing. Especially the folks on the right. Because they had a hard-on to have something even further to the right then Fox News. And something that reached into markets that fox hadn't touched as much, which is the local newscast which impacts literally every community in every state in every city and every town.

And the Republicans, and the so-called conservatives, both of which were actually the Trump crowd, said nothing.

But now? A certified lunatic like Alex Jones can't play by the corporate rules and suddenly now you guys are First Amendment Champions like one of the freaking founding fathers?

Yeah. Rrrrrright.

If Fox News is national media with a conservative bent, Sinclair may be looking to become the same for local news.

And if this sale goes through, Sinclair will reach nearly three-fourths of TV-watching audiences and those people watch a lot more local news than cable news:

Sinclair is a completely different situation

80 news networks all owned by the same company wanted to make a blanket statement and have it read

Its just like if you owned 80 Best Buys and wanted every store to do the same thing

If Fox News is national media with a conservative bent, Sinclair may be looking to become the same for local news.

And if this sale goes through, Sinclair will reach nearly three-fourths of TV-watching audiences and those people watch a lot more local news than cable news:

good thats the great thing about capitalism, if you don't like the way something is you can buy it and change it, or you can start your own

nobody has complained that the left has owned EVERY NEWS NETWORK besides FOX for the last 50 years

Its just like if you owned 80 Best Buys and wanted every store to do the same thing

No. It's not .

For one thing, who owns the best Buys?

Now, who owns the airwaves?

nobody has complained that the left has owned EVERY NEWS NETWORK besides FOX for the last 50 years

Perhaps nobody has complained because that's not true?

For example and this is just one that I know of because they were heavy in my home Market. Look at the political leanings and contributions of Gannett.

That's point one..2 is we've never, in the history multiple ownership had a situation where corporate sends down edicts from above for every station to read political screeds. Those historically have been left to the individual communities and their political beliefs and sensibilities.

Perhaps nobody has complained because that's not true?

For example and this is just one that I know of because they were heavy in my home Market. Look at the political leanings and contributions of Gannett.

That's point one..2 is we've never, in the history multiple ownership had a situation where corporate sends down edicts from above for every station to read political screeds. Those historically have been left to the individual communities and their political beliefs and sensibilities.

Low information poster

I did see that. I have no problem with that. If an ISP doesn't want to be associated with trash like Jones, then they should have a say too. Especially if it's going to hit them in the profit margin. That's freedom. Jones says all the shitt he wants, but people/companies have the right to not have to post it on their sites or through their ISP.

The problem is that those who deem certain content objectionable allow content that may be objectionable to others.

What if Alex Jones was the guy deciding what was allowable to post online and what wasn't? Would you still feel the same way?

Either all speech is free or no speech is free. It shouldn't be left to an individual or group of likeminded people to decide what is or isn't acceptable for the masses to take in.

Freedom of choice > freedom from choice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVGINIsLnqU

The problem is that those who deem certain content objectionable allow content that may be objectionable to others.

What if Alex Jones was the guy deciding what was allowable to post online and what wasn't? Would you still feel the same way?

Either all speech is free or no speech is free. It shouldn't be left to an individual or group of likeminded people to decide what is or isn't acceptable for the masses to take in.

Freedom of choice > freedom from choice.

How many times does it need to be said, businesses can decide what content they allow on their platforms, Freedom of speech applies to the govt and the limits they are allowed to put on speech. And FYI, the SCOTUS has ruled that not ALL speech is protected speech.

How many times does it need to be said, businesses can decide what content they allow on their platforms, Freedom of speech applies to the govt and the limits they are allowed to put on speech. And FYI, the SCOTUS has ruled that not ALL speech is protected speech.

Whose platform is the internet?

The internet was designed by Al Gore to facilitate the free exchange of ideas and information.

Do you actually think its funny or are you just trolling? POS.

Yeah its funny.

Its actually sad that you feel that way.

Also sad that you defend a moonbat hate America POS like Alex Jones, but not surprising. :wave:

Also sad that you defend a moonbat hate America POS like Alex Jones, but not surprising. :wave:

I dont like him, but he should still have a voice. Im a constitutionalist and thats focked up.

• Like 1

I dont like him, but he should still have a voice. Im a constitutionalist and thats focked up.

PayPal says he violated their terms of use. They have a right to kick his fat ass to the curb.

Aren't you a business owner? Can I come in your business and call your customers racist names, spew hate, curse, insult customers, etc. You going to just set there and allow it under free speech, or are you going to ask me to leave?

Aren't you a business owner? Can I come in your business and call your customers racist names, spew hate, curse, insult customers, etc. You going to just set there and allow it under free speech, or are you going to ask me to leave?

Id ask them to leave. Alex Jones walked into Alphabet or PayPal? I mustve missed that story. I bet if he was screaming for lefty ideas he would still have a page and therein lies the problem. You either get it or you dont.

• Like 1

Id ask them to leave. Alex Jones walked into Alphabet or PayPal? I mustve missed that story. I bet if he was screaming for lefty ideas he would still have a page and therein lies the problem. You either get it or you dont.

I get it. It's their business and they'll run it the best way they deem fit. Same as you. You don't want some like that in your store, they don't want someone like that using their service.

I get it. It's their business and they'll run it the best way they deem fit. Same as you. You don't want some like that in your store, they don't want someone like that using their service.

Will you be okay with it if his website gets completely removed from the internet? I mean its UCANNs business, they can do what they want with it right?

What does the constitution have to do with PayPal?

Will you be okay with it if his website gets completely removed from the internet? I mean its UCANNs business, they can do what they want with it right?

Why wouldn't you be ok with someone using your business to say hateful, racist, conspiracy theories, etc. Why wouldn't you let someone utilize the first amendment in your place of business? I thought you was about the Constitution?

Why wouldn't you be ok with someone using your business to say hateful, racist, conspiracy theories, etc. Why wouldn't you let someone utilize the first amendment in your place of business? I thought you was about the Constitution?

Just answer me. Will you be okay with it when UCANN, who is essentially what allows or doesnt allow whats is on the internet (use to be government controlled, thanks Obama!) removes his site from the internet? Yes or no?

Because I actually have my head wrapped around whats going and that Alphabet, Facebook, Reddit, etc.. all the platforms that we use have been completely politicized and I understand the impact they have on the Earths conscious so to speak.

The FCC still decides what is it and isnt allowed on cable television. What if UCANN took that over too and decides they just dont like what FOX has to say anyone? Cool to ban them? I mean its their private business and all.

Just answer me. Will you be okay with it when UCANN, who is essentially what allows or doesnt allow whats is on the internet (use to be government controlled, thanks Obama!) removes his site from the internet? Yes or no?

Because I actually have my head wrapped around whats going and that Alphabet, Facebook, Reddit, etc.. all the platforms that we use have been completely politicized and I understand the impact they have on the Earths conscious so to speak.

The FCC still decides what is it and isnt allowed on cable television. What if UCANN took that over too and decides they just dont like what FOX has to say anyone? Cool to ban them? I mean its their private business and all.

Have your head so wrapped around this that you don't know it's ICANN. :P

ETA: Too slow. :(

Its ICANN you focking retard.

Not that I owe you an explanation but I typed UCANN on my phone one time and it always auto corrects, oh well. The point remains anyways and do you have any constructive thoughts on the subject? Also, Im a retard? Arent you like a 45 year old barista or something? Talk about reaching for the stars my man.

One agency deciding what's best for the entire internet. No. Unless it's same rules for all internet content. Like the FCC and TV.

Individual businesses such as Twitter, YouTube, etc, deciding what's best for their own business. Yes.

One agency deciding what's best for the entire internet. No. Unless it's same rules for all internet content. Like the FCC and TV.

Individual businesses such as Twitter, YouTube, etc, deciding what's best for their own business. Yes.

Well thats the situation were in right now there is one private business deciding whats okay for me and you to read on the internet and next Alex Jones website will be taken down, book it. Alphabet & Co laid the ground work for that to happen. But hey, its their business they can do with it as they please.

but they better make that double song cake or else

I would infrequently if ever defend what Alex Jones says, only his right to say it. Alex Jones is despicable. These service provider companies are being harassed by left wing sensors to target him and are giving in. But once these companies and providers do start getting into the business of censoring content, there is an endless list of demands from these leftist censors on who to censor next, they've a very broad definition of what constitutes 'hate speech.' It's troubling to see them emboldened and rewarded for anti-free speech policies. They're not going to disband, they're going to keep pushing for more and more censorship.

It's not about Alex Jones so much as it is about worries over feeding an insatiable beast. I don't listen to Alex Jones because he's a hysterical jerk spreading bogus claims. What I don't like is other people telling me I can't listen to Alex Jones. These same people will not stop, they are going to come back again and again and again and again until using their 'hate speech' banhammer they start Joe Bryanting content from providers I do care about.

I can tell Joe Bryant "Fock You I'm going to FFToday." but that only works because FFToday is run by Mike. If not for Mike, we'd be screwed. When we're talking about Facebook and YouTube and Apple, and PayPal, there are no alternatives. And if there are alternatives, they'd face the same Gestapo pressure groups who are militant in policing content and overtly hostile to free speech.

I can tell Joe Bryant "Fock You I'm going to FFToday." but that only works because FFToday is run by Mike. If not for Mike, we'd be screwed. When we're talking about Facebook and YouTube and Apple, and PayPal, there are no alternatives. And if there are alternatives, they'd face the same Gestapo pressure groups who are militant in policing content and overtly hostile to free speech.

How did that work out for Newbiejr, ReclinerPilot or Giantsfan? Even Mike has rules and will drop the ban hammer.

Alex Jones & Info Wars is only being silenced because he tells the truth. Otherwise he / they wouldn't be considered.

He / they are the tip of the spear. Sure he gets things wrong from time to time, but EVERYBODY does. The Globalists simply want to control the narrative. Think about it!!!

Alex Jones & Info Wars is only being silenced because he tells the truth. Otherwise he / they wouldn't be considered.

He / they are the tip of the spear. Sure he gets things wrong from time to time, but EVERYBODY does. The Globalists simply want to control the narrative. Think about it!!!

Tells the truth :lol: :lol:. His attorney ADMITTED in court he doesn't! "No reasonable person would believe what he says". Truth :lol: that's good shitt. Thanks for the Sunday laugh. :cheers:

Truth? Oof...

How did that work out for Newbiejr, ReclinerPilot or Giantsfan? Even Mike has rules and will drop the ban hammer.

Good point. I can do better. At present, there isnt any viable alternative to these big media companies. Everything is free and the services are provided free because we are the product. They take what they learn about us and sell that to advertisers. Alex Jones isnt useful to them, they cant/dont want to sell him, hes out. Its a private platform.

So theres not a way around them. Now theyre under the thrall of censors and in the business of policing content. They are better off just taking the side of free speech.

So you defended the Dixie Chicks boycott I'm sure.

Truth? Oof...

Seriously. That's how you know he's either a troll or an idiot. Just the content that's been pasted in this thread alone...